Israel Military Forum

Welcome to the Israel Military Forum. You are currently viewing our Israel Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, Image Forum and access our other features. By joining our Israel Military Forum you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so
Join Our Israel Community Today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Go Back   Israel Military Forum > General > General chat
Register FAQ Pictures Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General chat General discussion unrelated to above forums, jokes etc.

Old 11-20-2008, 12:36 PM

Goij Mike is on a distinguished road
Wink How do you say "beautiful/my beautiful" in Hebrew

... when complimenting an Israeli girl or woman?

Thanks!

Kind regards,

Mike
Old 11-20-2008, 09:12 PM
Gold Member

shelory is on a distinguished road

yafa is beautiful and yafa shely is my beautiful.
Old 11-21-2008, 08:57 AM

Shalom Shelory,

thanks for your translation.

Actually the pictures of all the beautiful girls and women serving in the IDF were the reason for my question.

I hope you will forgive a non-Jew and non-Israeli for being quite envious and jealous.

Kind regards,

Mike
Old 11-24-2008, 06:05 AM
Dragon

Archangel is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goij Mike View Post
I hope you will forgive a non-Jew and non-Israeli for being quite envious and jealous.
Quite understandable and yet a compliment. I think they may be able to accommodate you on that.

They say once you make a Jewish friend in Israel they will remember you for a lifetime.

As for me I'm partly German-American and Christian, with very pro-Israel beliefs. My family bailed out of Saxony in Germany long before WWII and actually before WWI.

I've actually wanted to visit Tel Aviv. I saw picture of the city once. Normally I'm not very big on modern looking cities but it's a very beautiful city.

Now if I could get one of those nice jewish IDF girls or ladies that might be lurking around here (you never know), to wish me a happy birthday (As it is today) I'll be even more happy than I already am. :)

If she blesses me in hebrew that would be even cooler. :)
Old 11-24-2008, 12:19 PM

Shalom Archangel,

Happy Birthday from German "fellow-archangel" Michael!

I do not want to imagine these Israeli girls and women being put in harm's way.

I can only hope G-d will protect them from any harm.

Iran must NEVER be allowed to possess nuclear warheads.

Kind regards,

Mike
Old 11-24-2008, 04:03 PM
Dragon

Thank you. However my actual name is Scott. My last name one of my grandfather's changed the spelling so that other Americans could pronounce it correctly.

The closest I can get to the original spelling without the aid of an umlaut is Mueller.

The reason I choose this sn is that there is one Archangel who is assigned to guard the nation of Israel, the Archangel, Micheal I think. This Archangel has been there since at least when Abraham was alive.

So the screename represents my pro-Israel beliefs.

As far as names I know there is one more named Archangel, Raphael.
Old 11-25-2008, 11:29 AM

Smile

Hi Scott,

yes "Mueller" is the correct transciption of the German family name "Mller" which means that most probably one of your German ancestors was a miller by profession. It's quite a common name like Schneider (tailor) or Schmidt (derived from "Schmied" = smith).

As a devout Christian you should be more familiar with archangels.
I do not believe archangels play a prominent role in Judaism.
Israel is not likely to have a patron "saint" which is a Christian concept altogether.
Of course, St. George (patron saint of Russia and England), St. Michael (patron saint of Germany AND the FRENCH PARAS!) are mythical, not historical figures.

Does your Avatar suggest that you are a serving soldier?
I've got Philippino in-laws in Chicago, Miami and Connecticut.

My engagement for Israel and my keen interest in the IDF date back to the 7-Day-War of 1967. I was 17 then.

Take care!

Kind regards,

Mike [fanatic Marine Corps fan - Semper Fi!]

Last edited by Goij Mike; 11-26-2008 at 08:52 AM..
Old 11-26-2008, 01:09 PM
Zatoichi
PhotobucketPhotobucket

rafi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
My engagement for Israel and my keen interest in the IDF date back to the 7-Day-War of 1967. I was 17 then.

[fanatic Marine Corps fan - Semper Fi!]

The hebrew name for the 1967 War is " Michement Seyshet Yamim, or
The Six Day War. As the saying goes, on the seventh day, we rested......
Old 11-26-2008, 01:13 PM
Zatoichi
PhotobucketPhotobucket

rafi is on a distinguished road

Hey Archangel -

Happy Birthday!

Even though it is belated, but of course today is my birthday, so I'm in a good mood.

Aren't we lucky that every few years our Birthday is a national holiday? My middle son is born on the 23rd. Every year at noon we go for a ride together to listen to Alices Restaurant. Started when he was in a car seat, and this year we will debate whether his wife can go with us.

Enjoy !
Old 11-26-2008, 03:00 PM

Red face Shame on me!

Shalom Rafi,

Thanks for pointing out my embarassing mistake.

6-Day-War . of course!

It's not the first time I was not quite sure. The 7 in 1967 and 17 must have confused my memory. Should have checked the correct duration.

I am sure from now on I'll get it right!

Kind regards,

Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafi View Post
The hebrew name for the 1967 War is " Michement Seyshet Yamim, or
The Six Day War. As the saying goes, on the seventh day, we rested......

Last edited by Goij Mike; 11-26-2008 at 03:05 PM..
Old 11-26-2008, 03:51 PM

Smile

I almost forgot.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RAFI!

Mike
Old 11-27-2008, 03:14 PM
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafi View Post
Hey Archangel -

Happy Birthday!

Even though it is belated, but of course today is my birthday, so I'm in a good mood.

Aren't we lucky that every few years our Birthday is a national holiday? My middle son is born on the 23rd. Every year at noon we go for a ride together to listen to Alices Restaurant. Started when he was in a car seat, and this year we will debate whether his wife can go with us.

Enjoy !
Thank you, yes it is a blessing.

Quote:
Hi Scott,

yes "Mueller" is the correct transciption of the German family name "Mller" which means that most probably one of your German ancestors was a miller by profession. It's quite a common name like Schneider (tailor) or Schmidt (derived from "Schmied" = smith).

As a devout Christian you should be more familiar with archangels.
I do not believe archangels play a prominent role in Judaism.
Israel is not likely to have a patron "saint" which is a Christian concept altogether.
Of course, St. George (patron saint of Russia and England), St. Michael (patron saint of Germany AND the FRENCH PARAS!) are mythical, not historical figures.

Does your Avatar suggest that you are a serving soldier?
I've got Philippino in-laws in Chicago, Miami and Connecticut.

Take care!

Kind regards,

Mike [fanatic Marine Corps fan - Semper Fi!]
No I did not serve. It just means I know a few Marines. Most of them are veterans. The guy who sold me the MCCUU (Marine Corp Combat Uniform), is a Vietnam War Veteran. Good man and he wouldn't sell it to just anybody cuz it's official issue.

These are hard to get in the civilian life. A lot of Marines don't like civilians getting a hold of official issue cammies. I don't care though, he said he wanted a good "kid" to have it (When you are at least 50 everybody else is a kid to you I'm told by my 60 year old father) and his wife felt that I deserved it so I feel like if he's that way and I got it from a Marine (There is no such thing as a "retired Marine") then I've earned it, Passing Basic is just a physical manifestation of it and all your have to do is do what you are told to do and don't sand bag it and you'll pass. Character... You either have it or you don't and that's what makes a Marine a good Marine. As they say in Boy Scouts, "Physically fit, Morally straight."

They can complain and not "putting in the time." but I dare say gimme 3 years service and I'll do something you won't, I'll do it without pay. That's how much I love my country. So why am I not a Marine? Physical disabilty, ain't it a female dog... Funny how I can still walk and the trigger finger still works though. Picky sons of guns...

But anyway that's my story. On a side note I firmly agree with Paul, that the saints are defined by God (not me) as followers of Christ. Angels are defined as spiritual beings and Archangels being the largest of all the angels. The word angel when you trace down the root word means "Messenger of God". That is their primary function, to deliver messages from the Lord of Hosts.

That being said they cannot be saints. They believe. They have seen, by they are under the direct command of God and thus cannot willingly follow Christ and as a result, they cannot be saints. By Paul's explination, anyone who seeks to follow God within his/her own heart having love for God upon their heart, saved and redeemed by Christ is a saint. Yes Mother Thresa is a saint, but by his explination so am I and many others. If you meet such a Christian as they make a positive impact on you and possibly your life they are indeed a child of God no matter how big or small of a difference they made. Such is the compassion and love and grace of God.

Sorry I seem to get on a roll sometimes...
Old 11-27-2008, 03:53 PM

Hi Scott,

"...ain't it a female dog?"
Sorry, I did not quite understand that expression.

Please, enlighten me.

Whereabouts in the States are you hanging out?

Have a nice one.

Mike
Old 11-30-2008, 05:22 PM
Dragon

Quote:
Hi Scott,

"...ain't it a female dog?"
Sorry, I did not quite understand that expression.

Please, enlighten me.

Whereabouts in the States are you hanging out?

Have a nice one.

Mike
female dog is a definition of a word that is often used as a slang word. I'll PM you about that.

I live in the Volunteer State. The State of Tennessee. I'm about 50 miles east of Fort Campbell home of the 101st Airborne and under a military vector for military helicopter movement. Certain times of the year I hear Blackhawks and Chinooks fly over my house.
Old 12-01-2008, 03:19 PM

panzermk2 is on a distinguished road

Archangel

Your young why don't don't you enlist?

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."

Samuel Adams, at the Philadelphia State House, August 1, 1776
Old 12-01-2008, 03:24 PM
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzermk2 View Post
Archangel

Your young why don't don't you enlist?
Quote:
So why am I not a Marine? Physical disability, ain't it a female dog... Funny how I can still walk and the trigger finger still works though. Picky sons of guns...
That's why.
Old 12-04-2008, 12:25 AM

panzermk2 is on a distinguished road

Ah did not see that sorry

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."

Samuel Adams, at the Philadelphia State House, August 1, 1776
Israel Forum