Israel Military Forum

Welcome to the Israel Military Forum. You are currently viewing our Israel Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, Image Forum and access our other features. By joining our Israel Military Forum you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so
Join Our Israel Community Today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Go Back   Israel Military Forum > General > Movies, Music & Games Forum > Movies
Register FAQ Pictures Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Your Ad Here

Old 10-08-2006, 09:58 AM
Dragon

PILMAN is on a distinguished road
Default Israeli movies?

Ok so I seen a few movies based on Israel as well as based on the Palestinians (though Palestine doesn't exist). I have seen Munich which was alright as long as you don't try to compare it to reality, Walk on water which was pretty good though i'm not really a fan of movies with a gay theme (the german dude was gay) and I seen Paradise Today which completely sucked.

I heard they were making a movie on the 82 lebanon war which they claim was "neutral" but I don't know the name of the movie or when it's coming out. I figure the lack of movies on Israel and the IDF is maybe due to politics? There was one that sounded interesting I think it was called closer to home but it doesn't appear to have a US release. Can anyone recommend Israel themed movies or IDF themed or possibly future ones coming out? Thanks.
Old 11-07-2006, 05:36 PM
Gold Member

Balam is on a distinguished road

I recently watched "Bonjour Schlomi" very good movie whit a strong message: "Stop living others life, and start live yours".
Old 11-07-2006, 05:45 PM
Gold Member

Balam is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PILMAN View Post
... I heard they were making a movie on the 82 lebanon war which they claim was "neutral" but I don't know the name of the movie or when it's coming out. I figure the lack of movies on Israel and the IDF is maybe due to politics? There was one that sounded interesting I think it was called closer to home but it doesn't appear to have a US release. Can anyone recommend Israel themed movies or IDF themed or possibly future ones coming out? Thanks.

You´re right, I would like to watch some movie based on the IDF.
BTW, some time ago I found a video whit a soundtrack of a probably IDF movie, maybe someone here can identify the song and to which movie belong:
Old 11-08-2006, 08:17 AM

lpr is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balam View Post
You´re right, I would like to watch some movie based on the IDF.
BTW, some time ago I found a video whit a soundtrack of a probably IDF movie, maybe someone here can identify the song and to which movie belong:
Two Fingers from Sidon, or Shtai Eztbaot Mi Tzidon

A classic Israeli movie about the 82 Lebanon War.
Old 11-08-2006, 11:00 AM

Snir is on a distinguished road

Well i found this on Youtube... =

Man considering the fact it was done in Israel in the 70s-80s it doesnt look that bad ;P, sure it doesnt have any millions of dollars of special effect Hollywood style.. but it looks old school to me, and usually Israeli moveis blow.

Oh that was based on Operation Thunderbolt, also known Operation Jonathan, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Entebbe

George Patton:"Live for something rather than die for nothing."
Old 11-09-2006, 11:56 PM

larryzou is on a distinguished road

thanks man
Old 04-09-2009, 01:29 PM

Manticore is on a distinguished road

Bikur Ha-Tizmoret (2007) aka "The Band's Visit' is a good movie.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1032856/
Old 04-28-2009, 05:06 AM
Dragon

scelli is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manticore View Post
Bikur Ha-Tizmoret (2007) aka "The Band's Visit' is a good movie.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1032856/
Saw this film today...very nice, but sort of wish they had expanded the script a bit to delve more deeply into the lives of some of the characters.

Old 04-28-2009, 11:51 AM

Nimrod111 is on a distinguished road

I have not seen any Israeli movies, except this animated movie by Ari Folman "Waltz with Bashir", with English subtitles, of course.
Old 04-29-2009, 02:43 AM
Gold Member

milluim is on a distinguished road

snir thanks very much for that link did anyone notice one of the terrorists was Klaus Kinski he played a Mossad Katsa in the little drummer girl.
Old 05-01-2009, 09:26 AM

Manticore is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by scelli View Post
Saw this film today...very nice, but sort of wish they had expanded the script a bit to delve more deeply into the lives of some of the characters.
Yes I agree, it was a lovely movie, so laid back, but it could have been developed a lot futher.
Old 05-12-2009, 07:11 AM

muradalkaf is on a distinguished road

any sexy +18 israel movies
Old 05-12-2009, 11:24 AM
Zatoichi
PhotobucketPhotobucket

rafi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by muradalkaf View Post
any sexy +18 israel movies
Welcome back, it has been a while since you last posted.

IMF has gone out of the "sexy +18 israel movies" business.
Posts of that nature are now deleted.
Old 05-23-2009, 12:34 PM
Dragon

Forums_Addict is on a distinguished road

The only one I could say is the Adam Sandler one called You Dont Mess with the Zohan, but I don't think that could be classed as an Israeli movie.
Old 10-27-2009, 09:40 AM

Matos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snir View Post
Well i found this on
Man considering the fact it was done in Israel in the 70s-80s it doesnt look that bad ;P, sure it doesnt have any millions of dollars of special effect Hollywood style.. but it looks old school to me, and usually Israeli moveis blow.

Oh that was based on Operation Thunderbolt, also known Operation Jonathan,

There was also a Charles Bronson movie based on it, and I think that one of Chuck Norris's Operation Delta Force movies too.

I'm reading the Middle East news. That's how I'm sure I KNOW what I'm talking about.
Old 01-07-2010, 04:54 PM

Pretzel is on a distinguished road

I loved Waltz with Bashir. The guilt trip was a bit misplaced imho because it's not Israel's fault that the phalangs decided to slaughter the refugees, but the animation, the HUMOR!!, the music and the oh so evil cynicism were great. When I went visiting my mom in Beirut, I was very tempted to sing "Levanon, bokertov" from the movie.

Then I watched The Bubble which was a cheezy but cute and entertaining gay movie, Someone to run with which was nice but not wow, Promised Land simply sucked (thanks for the lesson in morals, do not want), and although it's a totally braindead movie, I loved You don't mess with the Zohan. The jugular speech with the kid was hilarious.
I still have Or (My Treasure), Urban Feel and Avanti Popolo to watch but frankly, those look kinda boring.. I can't read Hebrew, so I just check the images on the DVD cover for interesting contents and upon checking Wikipedia, I was only half as enthusiastic anymore... The movies I mentioned before were either downloaded, watched in cinema or my mom told me there was a dog.

As for Palestinian movies, I do recommend Rana's Wedding because it's just hilarious. Only the propagandistic poem ("We will prevail BLABLABLA") at the end was too much of a mood killer.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:15 PM

Elizabeth is on a distinguished road

Amazon has a ton of Israeli made movies listed.

I bought Time of Favor. It was definitely different.

I bought it since it was entirely in Hebrew. Part of my language learning exercises. To get me used to listening to conversations in Hebrew.

The ironic part is that there isn't a lot of conversation, or long conversation that is. It is all about atmosphere.
Old 04-05-2011, 10:11 PM
Gold Member

milluim is on a distinguished road

Waltz with Bashir
Beaufort
there the best so far theres another oone based on the 82 leb war but I cant remember the name focousing n an Armourd corp Merkava crew and the Zanachim commander
Old 05-12-2011, 06:44 PM

White_R34 is on a distinguished road

I to plan on buying "Beaufort", but I have now idea on witch conflict it's based on.
http://www.cduniverse.com/productinf...70&style=movie

Has any one here seen this film and can you tell me your feelings about the film?
Israel Forum