Israel Military Forum

Welcome to the Israel Military Forum. You are currently viewing our Israel Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, Image Forum and access our other features. By joining our Israel Military Forum you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so
Join Our Israel Community Today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Go Back   Israel Military Forum > Media > Images & Media Forum
Register FAQ Pictures Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Images & Media Forum Military or none military related images, videos and other media's. No Graphic Content Allowed also book reviews

Old 05-11-2006, 06:58 PM

[IDF]Hayal is on a distinguished road
Default Photo album dedicated to 58's anniversary of Israel

Golani brigade

Karakal battalion

Artillery

Submarines fleet

Engineer brigade

Border police

Brigade 900

Alpinists

Airborne rescue and evacuation unit 669

Givati brigade

Home front command

Navy

Desert reconnaissance battalion

Air force

Armored corps

Nahal brigade

MLRS

Duvdevan

Miluim

Antiaircraft forces

Shayetet 13

Herev(sword) battalion

Oketz

Paratroopers

Sourse www1.idf.il
If someone would like to get photos from this pages pm me.

Last edited by [IDF]Hayal; 05-11-2006 at 07:01 PM..
Old 05-19-2007, 01:34 PM

Crowman is on a distinguished road

It is a good "advertisement for the IDF and i mean that most sincerely. Can anyone tell me though why the young man with the glasses in the Brigade 900 has long hair? i know that beards are allowed in the IDF (obviousley) but long hair?
Thanks,
Crowman
Old 05-19-2007, 10:04 PM

tanks_alot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
It is a good "advertisement for the IDF and i mean that most sincerely. Can anyone tell me though why the young man with the glasses in the Brigade 900 has long hair? i know that beards are allowed in the IDF (obviousley) but long hair?
Thanks,
Crowman
He is in the Nahal Haredi battalion, a unit made out of ultra orthodox jews that volunteer for the army, as that part of the population is exempt from the mandatory service.

my guess is that it's a religious thing, although from the little i've seen of that battalion, i didn't see anyone with long hair, only the side burns which are a jewish costum.
Old 05-20-2007, 03:16 PM

Crowman is on a distinguished road

Thanks Tanks alot, of course i know the side locks of the Hassadim...maybe he hadn't "curled" them?
Old 05-20-2007, 03:47 PM
Gold Member

dzone is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanks_alot View Post
He is in the Nahal Haredi battalion, a unit made out of ultra orthodox jews that volunteer for the army, as that part of the population is exempt from the mandatory service.

my guess is that it's a religious thing, although from the little i've seen of that battalion, i didn't see anyone with long hair, only the side burns which are a jewish costum.
I bet they don't fight at Shabbat ! Thanks_alot can you tell did you have experience with Negev machine gun ?!

Last edited by dzone; 05-20-2007 at 03:54 PM..
Old 05-20-2007, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzone View Post
I bet they don't fight at Shabbat ! Thanks_alot can you tell did you have experience with Negev machine gun ?!
Actualy they do operate at Shabbat, there are military rabbis that give religious soldiers permits for operational activity, they do not train in Shabats though.

I have had very little experience with the Negev, from what i understand though it tends to jam rather often, however there are no better western light machine guns to replace it.

some special forces in the IDF use the Russian RPD, which is considered very reliable.
Old 05-20-2007, 07:26 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Actualy they do operate at Shabbat, there are military rabbis that give religious soldiers permits for operational activity, they do not train in Shabats though.

I have had very little experience with the Negev, from what i understand though it tends to jam rather often, however there are no better western light machine guns to replace it.

some special forces in the IDF use the Russian RPD, which is considered very reliable.
Thanks for answers,yet i have some more questions,here comes.Is it true after Lebanon war 2 that Israeli soldiers cmplained about weapons they used during campaign? Is it true that TAR-21 is not reliable? I sow in some Internet magazine where India colpalined that TAVOR reliable,did you had oppertunity to use TAR-21?
Old 05-20-2007, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Thanks for answers,yet i have some more questions,here comes.Is it true after Lebanon war 2 that Israeli soldiers cmplained about weapons they used during campaign? Is it true that TAR-21 is not reliable? I sow in some Internet magazine where India colpalined that TAVOR reliable,did you had oppertunity to use TAR-21?
The Tavor was not used in the Second Lebanon war, The Tavor until now has only been distributed to the Givati brigade that operated in the Gaza strip during the war.

When the Tavor was first used, the soldiers complained that it jams too much in the field, once they have reached advanced training, which resulted in a recall of the rifles back to the factory, where around 20 new improvements were placed in the Tavor.

personally i have never fired or even held a Tavor but I have talked to new recruits from the Givati brigade that were issued the rifle after the improvments and they say that so far they are pleased with it.
Old 05-20-2007, 07:44 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
The Tavor was not used in the Second Lebanon war, The Tavor until now has only been distributed to the Givati brigade that operated in the Gaza strip during the war.

When the Tavor was first used, the soldiers complained that it jams too much in the field, once they have reached advanced training, which resulted in a recall of the rifles back to the factory, where around 20 new improvements were placed in the Tavor.

personally i have never fired or even held a Tavor but I have talked to new recruits from the Givati brigade that were issued the rifle after the improvments and they say that so far they are pleased with it.
You didn't understand me , I know Tavor was not used in Secund Lebanon war,i heard that soldiers complained about rifles m16,m4a1, one they used were too old is that true?
Old 05-20-2007, 07:52 PM

Quote:
You didn't understand me , I know Tavor was not used in Secund Lebanon war,i heard that soldiers complained about rifles m16,m4a1, one they used were too old is that true?
Oh, some reserve soldiers basically complained that they were issued long M-16s instead of M-4s, like they were used to have during their time in the regular army.

in my opinion it was just whining because how you use your rifle is far more importent than what kind of rifle you are using.
and there were far more serious problems in the equipment of the reserve troops than M-16s instead of M-4s.
Old 05-20-2007, 07:59 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Oh, some reserve soldiers basically complained that they were issued long M-16s instead of M-4s, like they were used to have during their time in the regular army.

in my opinion it was just whining because how you use your rifle is far more importent than what kind of rifle you are using.
and there were far more serious problems in the equipment of the reserve troops than M-16s instead of M-4s.
Can you tell me what IDF do with captured weapons from terrorists i always wondered? Do you think AK is good gun ?

P.S. Sorry i am probably boring yet i would really like to know those thongs and i hope they are not secrets !!
best rgds

Last edited by dzone; 05-20-2007 at 08:04 PM..
Old 05-20-2007, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Can you tell me what IDF do with captured weapons from terrorists i always wondered? Do you think AK is good gun ?

P.S. Sorry i am probably boring yet i would really like to know those thongs and i hope they are not secrets !!
best rgds
Depands what kind of weapons, Shayetet 13, the naval commando unit, is known for it's use of the AK, as i've said before some units use the RPD, The RPG7 is used by many infantry units.

I suppose they go through IMI factories for light improvments first.

the RPG29 and different ATGMs that were captured are probably studied in order to learn their capabilities and how to deal with it and the rest goes to wherhouses.

in the past, the SLA was equipped by Israel with captured weapons, among other things and i guess that every once in a while when Israel decides to send more weapons to the Fatah, they get some captured weapons.

As for AK vs Colt, I never used an AK, I used a Galil which is sort of an AK clone, during my regular army service and i use a sawed, short M-16 in reserves now.

If you are interested in how i feel about the two than you are invited to read my post in a Galil thread, about it.
Old 05-20-2007, 08:54 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Depands what kind of weapons, Shayetet 13, the naval commando unit, is known for it's use of the AK, as i've said before some units use the RPD, The RPG7 is used by many infantry units.

I suppose they go through IMI factories for light improvments first.

the RPG29 and different ATGMs that were captured are probably studied in order to learn their capabilities and how to deal with it and the rest goes to wherhouses.

in the past, the SLA was equipped by Israel with captured weapons, among other things and i guess that every once in a while when Israel decides to send more weapons to the Fatah, they get some captured weapons.

As for AK vs Colt, I never used an AK, I used a Galil which is sort of an AK clone, during my regular army service and i use a sawed, short M-16 in reserves now.

If you are interested in how i feel about the two than you are invited to read my post in a Galil thread, about it.
Toda raba for post and other answers !!
Biqqesh lidrosh bishalomkha dzone!
P.S. I don't speak Hebrew, for now i only use English - Hebrew tourist guide !

Last edited by dzone; 05-20-2007 at 09:08 PM..
Old 05-20-2007, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Toda raba for post and other answers !!
Biqqesh lidrosh bishalomkha dzone!
P.S. I don't speak Hebrew, for now i only use English - Hebrew tourist guide !
You're welcome.
Old 12-23-2008, 02:55 AM
Dragon

ishmael is on a distinguished road

crowman he is nazarit, a person who takes oath to not cut hair drink wine and so on. Very admirable person
Old 12-24-2008, 02:12 PM

BrittleSteel is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishmael View Post
crowman he is nazarit, a person who takes oath to not cut hair drink wine and so on. Very admirable person
How do you know this? I have never heard of a modern day nazarite.

I would theorize this it is more likely that he is a hareidi of yemenite decent. The tend to have there locks made from much larger bunches of hair than you often see. with his helmet on, it could give in imression that all of his hair is long. Why it is all over the place an not in neat curls could be because he has running around in a snady desert.

Last edited by BrittleSteel; 12-24-2008 at 02:15 PM..
Old 12-24-2008, 02:49 PM
Zatoichi
PhotobucketPhotobucket

rafi is on a distinguished road

No one has posted the possibility that the guy was a reservist.

We don't have any restrictions regarding our hair.

As to the orthodox and "ultra-orthodox" not fighting on the shabbat, don't believe it for a second. In a combat role, they ride in vehicles and do everything required to defend the State of Israel. No, they would not "grab a smoke" since the shabbat was broken already. Because under jewish law, the deeds they are doing are allowed and follow very strict definitions. Teams of Rabbis have compiled guides for the observant regarding what is allowed and what is not.

I learned all this while serving miluim with Nahal Haredi in the early 2000's.
Old 12-24-2008, 06:30 PM

BrittleSteel is on a distinguished road

I dont think the guy is in miluim because there is a pic up above dedicated to miluim on its own. I remember the issue of combat and shabbat, i served with a hesder yeshiva and got the little book on what to do and not to do in the army for an orthodox jew. There was no problem with driving a tank on shabbat if for combat purposes - which i did.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:27 PM
Dragon

ishmael is on a distinguished road

He is not yemenite (Temani), nor a very haradi looking indivual as they do not even serve in IDF. The ones who support israel do national service. There are many nazarim in Israel, they tend to live in sefat. I was a member of Tzahal, that is why i cliam to know answer.
Old 04-20-2010, 06:11 AM

erwin.zeez is on a distinguished road

can someone tell me about the yemenite (Temani)?
i have very little idea of them