Israel Military Forum

Welcome to the Israel Military Forum. You are currently viewing our Israel Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, Image Forum and access our other features. By joining our Israel Military Forum you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so
Join Our Israel Community Today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Go Back   Israel Military Forum > Media > Images & Media Forum
Register FAQ Pictures Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Images & Media Forum Military or none military related images, videos and other media's. No Graphic Content Allowed also book reviews

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-11-2006, 06:58 PM
[IDF]Hayal [IDF]Hayal is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Israel
Posts: 48
[IDF]Hayal is on a distinguished road
Default Photo album dedicated to 58's anniversary of Israel


Golani brigade

Karakal battalion

Artillery

Submarines fleet

Engineer brigade

Border police

Brigade 900

Alpinists

Airborne rescue and evacuation unit 669

Givati brigade

Home front command

Navy

Desert reconnaissance battalion

Air force

Armored corps

Nahal brigade

MLRS

Duvdevan

Miluim

Antiaircraft forces

Shayetet 13

Herev(sword) battalion

Oketz

Paratroopers


Sourse www1.idf.il
If someone would like to get photos from this pages pm me.

Last edited by [IDF]Hayal; 05-11-2006 at 07:01 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-19-2007, 01:34 PM
Crowman's Avatar
Crowman Crowman is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 8
Crowman is on a distinguished road
Default

It is a good "advertisement for the IDF and i mean that most sincerely. Can anyone tell me though why the young man with the glasses in the Brigade 900 has long hair? i know that beards are allowed in the IDF (obviousley) but long hair?
Thanks,
Crowman
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-19-2007, 10:04 PM
tanks_alot's Avatar
tanks_alot tanks_alot is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tel Aviv, Israel
Posts: 228
tanks_alot is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
It is a good "advertisement for the IDF and i mean that most sincerely. Can anyone tell me though why the young man with the glasses in the Brigade 900 has long hair? i know that beards are allowed in the IDF (obviousley) but long hair?
Thanks,
Crowman
He is in the Nahal Haredi battalion, a unit made out of ultra orthodox jews that volunteer for the army, as that part of the population is exempt from the mandatory service.

my guess is that it's a religious thing, although from the little i've seen of that battalion, i didn't see anyone with long hair, only the side burns which are a jewish costum.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-20-2007, 03:16 PM
Crowman's Avatar
Crowman Crowman is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 8
Crowman is on a distinguished road
Default

Thanks Tanks alot, of course i know the side locks of the Hassadim...maybe he hadn't "curled" them?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-20-2007, 03:47 PM
dzone's Avatar
dzone dzone is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 292
dzone is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanks_alot View Post
He is in the Nahal Haredi battalion, a unit made out of ultra orthodox jews that volunteer for the army, as that part of the population is exempt from the mandatory service.

my guess is that it's a religious thing, although from the little i've seen of that battalion, i didn't see anyone with long hair, only the side burns which are a jewish costum.
I bet they don't fight at Shabbat ! Thanks_alot can you tell did you have experience with Negev machine gun ?!
__________________
If you spit in the air, it lands on your face !

Last edited by dzone; 05-20-2007 at 03:54 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-20-2007, 07:10 PM
tanks_alot's Avatar
tanks_alot tanks_alot is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tel Aviv, Israel
Posts: 228
tanks_alot is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzone View Post
I bet they don't fight at Shabbat ! Thanks_alot can you tell did you have experience with Negev machine gun ?!
Actualy they do operate at Shabbat, there are military rabbis that give religious soldiers permits for operational activity, they do not train in Shabats though.

I have had very little experience with the Negev, from what i understand though it tends to jam rather often, however there are no better western light machine guns to replace it.

some special forces in the IDF use the Russian RPD, which is considered very reliable.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-20-2007, 07:26 PM
dzone's Avatar
dzone dzone is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 292
dzone is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanks_alot View Post
Actualy they do operate at Shabbat, there are military rabbis that give religious soldiers permits for operational activity, they do not train in Shabats though.

I have had very little experience with the Negev, from what i understand though it tends to jam rather often, however there are no better western light machine guns to replace it.

some special forces in the IDF use the Russian RPD, which is considered very reliable.
Thanks for answers,yet i have some more questions,here comes.Is it true after Lebanon war 2 that Israeli soldiers cmplained about weapons they used during campaign? Is it true that TAR-21 is not reliable? I sow in some Internet magazine where India colpalined that TAVOR reliable,did you had oppertunity to use TAR-21?
__________________
If you spit in the air, it lands on your face !
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-20-2007, 07:34 PM
tanks_alot's Avatar
tanks_alot tanks_alot is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tel Aviv, Israel
Posts: 228
tanks_alot is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzone View Post
Thanks for answers,yet i have some more questions,here comes.Is it true after Lebanon war 2 that Israeli soldiers cmplained about weapons they used during campaign? Is it true that TAR-21 is not reliable? I sow in some Internet magazine where India colpalined that TAVOR reliable,did you had oppertunity to use TAR-21?
The Tavor was not used in the Second Lebanon war, The Tavor until now has only been distributed to the Givati brigade that operated in the Gaza strip during the war.

When the Tavor was first used, the soldiers complained that it jams too much in the field, once they have reached advanced training, which resulted in a recall of the rifles back to the factory, where around 20 new improvements were placed in the Tavor.

personally i have never fired or even held a Tavor but I have talked to new recruits from the Givati brigade that were issued the rifle after the improvments and they say that so far they are pleased with it.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-20-2007, 07:44 PM
dzone's Avatar
dzone dzone is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 292
dzone is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanks_alot View Post
The Tavor was not used in the Second Lebanon war, The Tavor until now has only been distributed to the Givati brigade that operated in the Gaza strip during the war.

When the Tavor was first used, the soldiers complained that it jams too much in the field, once they have reached advanced training, which resulted in a recall of the rifles back to the factory, where around 20 new improvements were placed in the Tavor.

personally i have never fired or even held a Tavor but I have talked to new recruits from the Givati brigade that were issued the rifle after the improvments and they say that so far they are pleased with it.
You didn't understand me , I know Tavor was not used in Secund Lebanon war,i heard that soldiers complained about rifles m16,m4a1, one they used were too old is that true?
__________________
If you spit in the air, it lands on your face !
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-20-2007, 07:52 PM
tanks_alot's Avatar
tanks_alot tanks_alot is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tel Aviv, Israel
Posts: 228
tanks_alot is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzone View Post
You didn't understand me , I know Tavor was not used in Secund Lebanon war,i heard that soldiers complained about rifles m16,m4a1, one they used were too old is that true?
Oh, some reserve soldiers basically complained that they were issued long M-16s instead of M-4s, like they were used to have during their time in the regular army.

in my opinion it was just whining because how you use your rifle is far more importent than what kind of rifle you are using.
and there were far more serious problems in the equipment of the reserve troops than M-16s instead of M-4s.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-20-2007, 07:59 PM
dzone's Avatar
dzone dzone is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 292
dzone is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanks_alot View Post
Oh, some reserve soldiers basically complained that they were issued long M-16s instead of M-4s, like they were used to have during their time in the regular army.

in my opinion it was just whining because how you use your rifle is far more importent than what kind of rifle you are using.
and there were far more serious problems in the equipment of the reserve troops than M-16s instead of M-4s.
Can you tell me what IDF do with captured weapons from terrorists i always wondered? Do you think AK is good gun ?

P.S. Sorry i am probably boring yet i would really like to know those thongs and i hope they are not secrets !!
best rgds
__________________
If you spit in the air, it lands on your face !

Last edited by dzone; 05-20-2007 at 08:04 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-20-2007, 08:18 PM
tanks_alot's Avatar
tanks_alot tanks_alot is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tel Aviv, Israel
Posts: 228
tanks_alot is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzone View Post
Can you tell me what IDF do with captured weapons from terrorists i always wondered? Do you think AK is good gun ?

P.S. Sorry i am probably boring yet i would really like to know those thongs and i hope they are not secrets !!
best rgds
Depands what kind of weapons, Shayetet 13, the naval commando unit, is known for it's use of the AK, as i've said before some units use the RPD, The RPG7 is used by many infantry units.

I suppose they go through IMI factories for light improvments first.

the RPG29 and different ATGMs that were captured are probably studied in order to learn their capabilities and how to deal with it and the rest goes to wherhouses.

in the past, the SLA was equipped by Israel with captured weapons, among other things and i guess that every once in a while when Israel decides to send more weapons to the Fatah, they get some captured weapons.

As for AK vs Colt, I never used an AK, I used a Galil which is sort of an AK clone, during my regular army service and i use a sawed, short M-16 in reserves now.

If you are interested in how i feel about the two than you are invited to read my post in a Galil thread, about it.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-20-2007, 08:54 PM
dzone's Avatar
dzone dzone is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 292
dzone is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanks_alot View Post
Depands what kind of weapons, Shayetet 13, the naval commando unit, is known for it's use of the AK, as i've said before some units use the RPD, The RPG7 is used by many infantry units.

I suppose they go through IMI factories for light improvments first.

the RPG29 and different ATGMs that were captured are probably studied in order to learn their capabilities and how to deal with it and the rest goes to wherhouses.

in the past, the SLA was equipped by Israel with captured weapons, among other things and i guess that every once in a while when Israel decides to send more weapons to the Fatah, they get some captured weapons.

As for AK vs Colt, I never used an AK, I used a Galil which is sort of an AK clone, during my regular army service and i use a sawed, short M-16 in reserves now.

If you are interested in how i feel about the two than you are invited to read my post in a Galil thread, about it.
Toda raba for post and other answers !!
Biqqesh lidrosh bishalomkha dzone!
P.S. I don't speak Hebrew, for now i only use English - Hebrew tourist guide !
__________________
If you spit in the air, it lands on your face !

Last edited by dzone; 05-20-2007 at 09:08 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-20-2007, 11:31 PM
tanks_alot's Avatar
tanks_alot tanks_alot is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tel Aviv, Israel
Posts: 228
tanks_alot is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzone View Post
Toda raba for post and other answers !!
Biqqesh lidrosh bishalomkha dzone!
P.S. I don't speak Hebrew, for now i only use English - Hebrew tourist guide !
You're welcome.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-23-2008, 02:55 AM
ishmael's Avatar
ishmael ishmael is offline
Dragon
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Chicago,IL USA
Posts: 737
ishmael is on a distinguished road
Default

crowman he is nazarit, a person who takes oath to not cut hair drink wine and so on. Very admirable person
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12-24-2008, 02:12 PM
BrittleSteel BrittleSteel is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 158
BrittleSteel is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishmael View Post
crowman he is nazarit, a person who takes oath to not cut hair drink wine and so on. Very admirable person
How do you know this? I have never heard of a modern day nazarite.

I would theorize this it is more likely that he is a hareidi of yemenite decent. The tend to have there locks made from much larger bunches of hair than you often see. with his helmet on, it could give in imression that all of his hair is long. Why it is all over the place an not in neat curls could be because he has running around in a snady desert.

Last edited by BrittleSteel; 12-24-2008 at 02:15 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-24-2008, 02:49 PM
rafi's Avatar
rafi rafi is offline
Zatoichi
PhotobucketPhotobucket
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,717
rafi is on a distinguished road
Default

No one has posted the possibility that the guy was a reservist.

We don't have any restrictions regarding our hair.

As to the orthodox and "ultra-orthodox" not fighting on the shabbat, don't believe it for a second. In a combat role, they ride in vehicles and do everything required to defend the State of Israel. No, they would not "grab a smoke" since the shabbat was broken already. Because under jewish law, the deeds they are doing are allowed and follow very strict definitions. Teams of Rabbis have compiled guides for the observant regarding what is allowed and what is not.

I learned all this while serving miluim with Nahal Haredi in the early 2000's.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-24-2008, 06:30 PM
BrittleSteel BrittleSteel is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 158
BrittleSteel is on a distinguished road
Default

I dont think the guy is in miluim because there is a pic up above dedicated to miluim on its own. I remember the issue of combat and shabbat, i served with a hesder yeshiva and got the little book on what to do and not to do in the army for an orthodox jew. There was no problem with driving a tank on shabbat if for combat purposes - which i did.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-04-2009, 09:27 PM
ishmael's Avatar
ishmael ishmael is offline
Dragon
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Chicago,IL USA
Posts: 737
ishmael is on a distinguished road
Default

He is not yemenite (Temani), nor a very haradi looking indivual as they do not even serve in IDF. The ones who support israel do national service. There are many nazarim in Israel, they tend to live in sefat. I was a member of Tzahal, that is why i cliam to know answer.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-20-2010, 06:11 AM
erwin.zeez erwin.zeez is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1
erwin.zeez is on a distinguished road
Default

can someone tell me about the yemenite (Temani)?
i have very little idea of them
__________________
hotels|perfumes|cheap flights|handbags
Reply With Quote
Israel Forum
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Israel Military Forum