Israel Military Forum

Welcome to the Israel Military Forum. You are currently viewing our Israel Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, Image Forum and access our other features. By joining our Israel Military Forum you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so
Join Our Israel Community Today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Go Back   Israel Military Forum > General > Movies, Music & Games Forum > Gaming
Register FAQ Pictures Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2013, 05:28 PM

Syntac is on a distinguished road
Default Keyboard with Hebrew and Englisch letters

Hey,
Iīm learning now how to write and read hebrew. Itīs starting out very good, only 4 letters left.

So I kinda tought it would be kinda practical to have a Hebrew-English keyboard, so I can write with my cousins in Israel, when I finally know how to write all the letters.

I tried it on the Asus website but I think itīs buggy. I clicked on the image of the keyboards but nothing happened, then I clicked on a mice and it worked. So try it yourself, maybe you have more luck.
asus.com/il/Keyboards_Mice/

If you know of any keyboard with Hebrew-English or can recommend one, I would be very thankful!

PS: I hope this is the right forum, if not, please switch me to the right one.
Old 09-16-2013, 06:30 PM
Dragon

David of Galilee is on a distinguished road

Try typing in <Hebrew Keyboard> into Google, and look at the offerings for typing Hebrew without an actual Hebrew keyboard. If you don't have a Hebrew-Latin keyboard, using a virtual keyboard online might be the best route. Here in Israel all computers (and cell phones) are hard wired for Hebrew, Latin, Arabic and Cyrillic, so I am afraid I never really looked into the online virtual keyboards. Give it a try.

Amazon and others sell fairly cheap Hebrew/Latin keyboards. Just make sure the keyboard is Israeli standard, like the QWERTY keyboards in use for the Latin alphabet. As for programmes, DavkaWriter and Dagesh are established and well-know quality products. Google them and check out pricing, etc.

Windows is easily adaptable to Hebrew, because Word was partly developed here in Israel.

Last edited by David of Galilee; 09-16-2013 at 06:41 PM..
Israel Forum