Israel Military Forum

Welcome to the Israel Military Forum. You are currently viewing our Israel Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, Image Forum and access our other features. By joining our Israel Military Forum you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so
Join Our Israel Community Today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Go Back   Israel Military Forum > Israel National security > Israeli Military Discussion Forum
Register FAQ Pictures Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Israeli Military Discussion Forum GENERAL Topics Relating To Israel & Its National Security, Latest news and Analysis.

Old 03-31-2013, 02:47 PM

dumlat is on a distinguished road
Default army service question

As an israeli citizen-25 years old who has deferred his IDF service due to school and parents living abroad- how long can he visit/ stay in israel before he is recruited/ enlisted to serve?

Is there a time frame? If he were to spend 1 year studying in israel would there be a chance he would have to serve?

Thanks
Old 04-08-2013, 04:58 PM
Zatoichi
PhotobucketPhotobucket

rafi is on a distinguished road

The word "deferred" is defined as meaning "postponing to a later date".

A 25 year old Israeli who has never served his country who inquires about how long he can get away with sneaking into and back out of Israel without having to fulfiill his obligation is not seeking "deferment" information, but "draft dodger" information.

Consult a lawyer. You have conveniently waitied until after your 25th birthday - when people age out of service - to express concern.

No one here willing to help you.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:59 PM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

scelli is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafi View Post
The word "deferred" is defined as meaning "postponing to a later date".

A 25 year old Israeli who has never served his country who inquires about how long he can get away with sneaking into and back out of Israel without having to fulfiill his obligation is not seeking "deferment" information, but "draft dodger" information.

Consult a lawyer. You have conveniently waitied until after your 25th birthday - when people age out of service - to express concern.

No one here willing to help you.
Was wondering if the pejorative term (and rightly so) of "draft dodger" used in describing someone shirking their moral and legal duty to serve in the armed forces was the same in Israel as in the US when the draft was in effect.

Glad to see it is.

Old 04-14-2013, 12:40 AM

dumlat is on a distinguished road

sorry i was not clear in my earlier post. def. not a 'draft dodger'. Father is jewish mother is not and am looking to do aliya but first spend 1 year doing an orthodox conversion and then serve in the IDF preferably in a religious unit if possible but would first want to do the geirut. so questions in essence is would i be drafted during the year I'd be studying for geirut.
Old 04-15-2013, 06:54 AM
Zatoichi
PhotobucketPhotobucket

rafi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumlat View Post
As an israeli citizen-25 years old who has deferred his IDF service due to school and parents living abroad- how long can he visit/ stay in israel before he is recruited/ enlisted to serve?

Is there a time frame? If he were to spend 1 year studying in israel would there be a chance he would have to serve?

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumlat View Post
sorry i was not clear in my earlier post. def. not a 'draft dodger'. Father is jewish mother is not and am looking to do aliya but first spend 1 year doing an orthodox conversion and then serve in the IDF preferably in a religious unit if possible but would first want to do the geirut. so questions in essence is would i be drafted during the year I'd be studying for geirut.
Here are your first two posts to this thread side by side. I think you need some more creative writing practice before you return. I have taken the liberty of arranging a couple of weeks off from this board to do so.

Rafi
Old 04-20-2013, 04:57 PM

Santiago is on a distinguished road

I didn't understands the way of idf services, hope so anyone here who can guide the better way it is. How much do we have to live in Israel for having this.
Israel Forum