Israel Military Forum

Welcome to the Israel Military Forum. You are currently viewing our Israel Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, Image Forum and access our other features. By joining our Israel Military Forum you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so
Join Our Israel Community Today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Go Back   Israel Military Forum > Israel National security > Israeli Military Discussion Forum
Register FAQ Pictures Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Israeli Military Discussion Forum GENERAL Topics Relating To Israel & Its National Security, Latest news and Analysis.

Old 10-27-2017, 08:55 AM

IcyFire is on a distinguished road
Default Carrying rifles when off base

So I have only been to Israel once and I noticed quite a lot of soldiers in their fatigues not carrying rifles on the train/bus but then I noticed others who did. I figured that those not carrying the rifles were non-combat soldiers but I started seeing a LOT more people in those army fatigues not carrying than those who did carry. Now about a year ago supposedly all combat soldiers carry their rifles off base but I just want to know...

If you're going to be gone for say only 1 day do you still have to take your rifle? Basically, is the time you're off base a factor?

Also, what about the Israeli Border Patrol? Supposedly they're not really part of the IDF as they have law enforcement duties in the West Bank and Jerusalem but they're not exactly Israeli Police either. Are they still subject to all IDF regulations? If they're not, do they still take those rifles with them home when they're on leave or off duty?
Old 10-27-2017, 03:19 PM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

Knaur is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the forum.

When you use the search button, you will find that this question has already been answered.

Sorry I can't be of more help.
A war generating battles is ‘curse’ not ‘mirth’.

In my veins runs the blood of the poets and wise men of old, and it is my desire to come to you and receive, but I shall not come with empty hands - Kahlil Gibran
Old 10-27-2017, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knaur View Post
Welcome to the forum.

When you use the search button, you will find that this question has already been answered.

Sorry I can't be of more help.
I can't find the topic going over it. Can you show me what topic it is you were talking about?
Old 10-28-2017, 11:59 AM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcyFire View Post
I can't find the topic going over it. Can you show me what topic it is you were talking about?
Let me google that for you, NOT.

In my veins runs the blood of the poets and wise men of old, and it is my desire to come to you and receive, but I shall not come with empty hands - Kahlil Gibran
Old 10-29-2017, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knaur View Post
Let me google that for you, NOT.
You're telling me that I need use the search button and when I'm trying to find the answer to my question I don't find anything at all (which is why I posted the topic to begin with). So when I ask you about the topic (which you say already exists) you just end up mocking me...

You're not only unhelpful, you're rude (the fact that you're a forum moderator just makes it look all the more worse).
Old 10-29-2017, 08:15 AM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

You are absolutely correct. I am rudely mocking your inability to read the forum rules and your technical ineptitude in usage of Google-Fu.

Old 10-29-2017, 08:21 AM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

There is a sub-forum called Self Defence where such threads are contained ; should you not find your answer there, you can obtain the password for Marksmen sub-forum when you have more than a dozen posts.

Israel Forum