Israel Military Forum

Welcome to the Israel Military Forum. You are currently viewing our Israel Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, Image Forum and access our other features. By joining our Israel Military Forum you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so
Join Our Israel Community Today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Go Back   Israel Military Forum > General > Suggestions, Feedback & Site Updates
Register FAQ Pictures Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Suggestions, Feedback & Site Updates Something you do or don't like? Please let us know.

Old 09-21-2012, 11:38 PM
Zatoichi
PhotobucketPhotobucket

New Ron is on a distinguished road
Smile New Admins

Ok perhaps a bit late, but time to announce that Dave the site owner a while ago has given us the privilege & upgraded rafi and myself to join the ADMIN team of Dave and Johnboy!

Please treat us the same way you did before, (lol ) we are the same people and want everyone to enjoy the forum!

"If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence.. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel."
~ Golda Meir~

Old 09-21-2012, 11:48 PM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

scelli is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Ron View Post
Ok perhaps a bit late, but time to announce that Dave the site owner a while ago has given us the privilege & upgraded rafi and myself to join the ADMIN team of Dave and Johnboy!

Please treat us the same way you did before, (lol ) we are the same people and want everyone to enjoy the forum!

Congrats to both of you! Though sure wish someone can tell me what a
Zatoichi is.

Sounds like some sort of Italian pasta.

Old 09-22-2012, 01:35 AM
Zatoichi
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Quote:
Originally Posted by scelli View Post
Congrats to both of you! Though sure wish someone can tell me what a
Zatoichi is.

Sounds like some sort of Italian pasta.
Dave calls all his admins that, it is a Japanese legend of the blind swordsman Samurai!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zatoichi

"If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence.. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel."
~ Golda Meir~

Old 09-22-2012, 08:10 AM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

Knaur is on a distinguished road

Congrats, well deserved.

Why is it that on June 4th 1967 I was a Jordanian and overnight I became a Palestinian? - Walid Shoebat, PLO terrorist
Old 09-22-2012, 09:05 AM
Zatoichi
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Thanks bro! :)

~ Golda Meir~

Old 09-22-2012, 03:46 PM
Dragon
Photobucket

Paparock is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Great to hear guys!

Way cool!

The LORD lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace.

Asymmetric Warfare It’s not just for the “Other Guys”

Old 09-22-2012, 04:59 PM
Dragon

cute_assassin is on a distinguished road

NR, since already gave you my blessings for the achievement, all I wanna say here is..... wassup :)

And senor Rafi, congrats, a very well deserved achievement on the forum!

Those who can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin

The basic test of freedom is perhaps less in what we are free to do than in what we are free not to do. It is the freedom to refrain, withdraw and abstain which makes a totalitarian regime impossible. - Eric Hoffer

Today its a new beginning!
Old 09-23-2012, 12:46 AM
Zatoichi
PhotobucketPhotobucket

rafi is on a distinguished road

Thank you all for your good wishes.

May this be a year of fulfilled dreams for all.
Old 09-23-2012, 11:20 AM

ashdoc is on a distinguished road

CONGRATULATIONS
Old 09-24-2012, 07:26 AM
Dragon

janetnjohn is on a distinguished road

well done both!!!

I have set watchmen upon thy walls, O Jerusalem, which shall never hold their peace day nor night: ye that make mention of the LORD, keep not silence,

"I ask then, has God rejected His people? By no means! God has not rejected His people whom He foreknew. For the gifts and call of God are irrevocable."
(Romans 11:1,2,29)
Old 09-24-2012, 08:39 PM
Zatoichi
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry Warthog View Post
So what additional powers do you have now besides bringing down the banhammer?

I've always been able to unilaterally and arbitrarily delete any posts I don't like as well.

http://israelmilitary.net/showthread.php?t=5958&page=2
Old 09-24-2012, 11:40 PM
Retired
Photobucket

odie072 is on a distinguished road

Congrats to both, you deserve this because of your dedication and tireless efforts for this forum!!

Before anyone else tries to derail this thread, heed this: IT WILL NOT BE TOLERATED AND IF THE "BANHAMMER" NEEDS TO FALL IT WILL!!!!

Congrats again fellas, teams need great leaders, and we have them!

odie
That might of been the sad end of the story. But Nemo refused to give in without a fight. Ignoring his serious head wound, the 85 pound dog threw himself at the Vietcong guerrillas who had opened fire. Nemo's ferocious attack brought Thorneburg the time he needed to call in backup forces.

Although severely wounded, Nemo crawled to his master and covered him with his body.
Old 09-25-2012, 04:29 AM

Angry Warthog is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafi View Post
I've always been able to unilaterally and arbitrarily delete any posts I don't like as well.

http://israelmilitary.net/showthread.php?t=5958&page=2
Awww that's mean.
Old 05-13-2013, 02:06 AM
Dragon

hworta is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Ron View Post
Dave calls all his admins that, it is a Japanese legend of the blind swordsman Samurai!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zatoichi

I had not noticed the Zatoichi admin title before lol....

"The principle recurring thematic formula of these films and the television series is that of the ever-wandering and sentimental drifter who protects the innocent and the helpless from oppressive or warring yakuza gangs, stops the worst of general injustice or predation and aids the misfortunate ... and often, just like any other, thru no real fault or choice of his own, he can get set upon by ruffians or will stumble into harm's way (and the ensuing drama that unfolds). Zatoichi's saga is essentially one of an earthy but basically good and wise man almost always humbly trying to do the decent thing and just help out, to somehow redeem himself and perhaps atone for past failings. Yet, he believes himself instead to be a stained, corrupted and evil man, irredeemable and undeserving of the love and respect that some show and rightly have for him." lol.....
Old 05-13-2013, 03:02 AM
Zatoichi
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Interesting description you found. Years ago we had a discussion on the site as to whether or not some of us were the lead role in the movie "Unforgiven". My only contrast was that I have the incredible blessing of having my redeeming beautiful bride to this day.

I could never explain my instinct for things military, I just know I had some incredible people who showed me what to do with those instincts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hworta View Post
I had not noticed the Zatoichi admin title before lol....

"The principle recurring thematic formula of these films and the television series is that of the ever-wandering and sentimental drifter who protects the innocent and the helpless from oppressive or warring yakuza gangs, stops the worst of general injustice or predation and aids the misfortunate ... and often, just like any other, thru no real fault or choice of his own, he can get set upon by ruffians or will stumble into harm's way (and the ensuing drama that unfolds). Zatoichi's saga is essentially one of an earthy but basically good and wise man almost always humbly trying to do the decent thing and just help out, to somehow redeem himself and perhaps atone for past failings. Yet, he believes himself instead to be a stained, corrupted and evil man, irredeemable and undeserving of the love and respect that some show and rightly have for him." lol.....
Old 05-13-2013, 03:44 AM
Dragon

hworta is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafi View Post
Interesting description you found. Years ago we had a discussion on the site as to whether or not some of us were the lead role in the movie "Unforgiven". My only contrast was that I have the incredible blessing of having my redeeming beautiful bride to this day.

I could never explain my instinct for things military, I just know I had some incredible people who showed me what to do with those instincts.
I have also noticed that even in my childhood I was sort of mentored, nudged, and educated by people who had been in the military before. I think some prior service people see potential in some people and endeavor to help those people grow to their fullest potential. To want to be in almost any military takes a certain kind of person...