Welcome to the Israel Military Forum. You are currently viewing our Israel Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, Image Forum and access our other features. By joining our Israel Military Forum you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so
|Register||FAQ||Pictures||Members List||Calendar||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read|
|Europe Military News from Europe.|
||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
The Musketeers of The Royal Life Guards
First of all, I want to wish a great and warm hello for you everybody!!
I would like to have your support for these wonderful pages of the historic and traditional unit of the Swedish Armed Forces - The Royal Life Guards. (Livgardet), named: The Musketeers of The Royal Life Guards (in Swedish: Kungl. Svea Livgardes Musketerarkår) :
- Like us in Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/musketerarkar
- Follow us in Twitter: https://twitter.com/Musketerarkar
- Subscribe on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/musketerarkar
- Please add comments!!!
The Musketeers of the Royal Life Guards was re-created in 1994 by volunteers for military shooting activities and performance exactly as they were in the year 1850.
By developing the first place for the implementation of many events and secondarily to be exact replicas (and original) of the equipment that we have for the general public succeeded in transmitting the reconstitution military infantry in the 1850s that must be issued on the spectators (and enemies).
Everything has been consulted, well investigated and analysed with all the details to a minimum (original music restored from the 1850 period, uniforms, materials, equipment, etc. ..) with research into archives of the Royal Historical of the Swedish Army.
The Musketeers of the Royal Life Guards has participated in many very important military music tattoo festivals in Sweden, Europe and Asia.
The deployment and traditions of The Musketeers of The Royal Life Guards are closely related to The Swedish Royal Life Guards (Livgardet).
Livgardet (The Royal Life Guards): The home of The Musketeers of Royal Life Guards:
Livgardet is one of the oldest regiment in the world still in existence, dating back to the year 1521, when the men of Dalarna selected 16 young men's as bodyguards of King Gustav Vasa.
Guards Battalion Livgardet is the oldest company in the world still in activity. Since the year 1523 the section, now enlarged, was known as the Royal Corps of Halberdiers and, under various names, the regiment had its natural home at the Royal Palace in Stockholm.
Livgardet is also a combined cavalry regiment of the Swedish army, in charge of training.
Livgardet soldiers are also often used for ceremonies such as the Royal Guard at the Stockholm Palace, the state occasions such as openings of Parliament and as a guard of honor at the royal audiences and official visits of the crowned heads and chiefs of state.
- The Musketeers of the Guard play our traditional introduction (before starting our show program) with our "Trumsalut" which means: traditionally greet the military and civilian authorities, make a great tribute to veterans and greet the friendly public with impressive military Swedish hi, traditional drum show. Please take a look at the example on this video. Here's what our music section offer:
- The Swedish National Day (6 of June 2013) performing at The Stockholm Royal Castle, in the old town (Gamla Stan) :
- Video Tribute dedicate to The Musketeers of The Royal Life Guards with time imagens evolution and divers pictures:
- The Musketeers of The Royal Life Guards marching in Seoul, South Korea in The International Military Parade together with FN allies in celebration of the 60th Commemoration of Korean War and Liberation of Seoul, in 2010:
- The French military attache inspects The Musketeers of The Royal Life Guards and The Artillery Division from Gothenburg, in the Life Guards Regiment in Kungsängen, in 25 November 2012:
- The Musketeers of The Royal Life Guards performing in the 2nd edition of The Princely Liechtenstein Tattoo 2013 :
.... and much more videos, pictures in our official websites 1 and 2, and also in our official pages Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, and Google plus! Thank you for supporting us in like us, add comments, follow us, like our videos, subscriber, etc... !!
Last edited by Carl; 10-15-2013 at 10:41 AM..