Israel Military Forum

Welcome to the Israel Military Forum. You are currently viewing our Israel Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, Image Forum and access our other features. By joining our Israel Military Forum you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so
Join Our Israel Community Today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Go Back   Israel Military Forum > General > Movies, Music & Games Forum > Gaming
Register FAQ Pictures Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2009, 03:30 AM

Familyguydude is on a distinguished road
Default IDF Faction for BF2 Mod

I don't know if it has been posted yet, but the mod team behind Project Reality for Battlefield 2 is very close to releasing an IDF (fully equipped with Tavor and Merkava!) and Hamas faction for their game. It is looking really good and even features a Gaza map! If anyone is interested, PR can be downloaded for free from their website. ( Edited )

And a quick teaser on youtube:

watch?v=pp5mVxqY8n0

Last edited by johnboy; 10-17-2009 at 05:13 AM.. Reason: other forums are not permitted
Old 03-20-2010, 03:58 PM
Gold Member

Americal is on a distinguished road

Very good to know thank you. We are very much into playing the FPS BF 2. We are even still playing that great cult classic Starcraft.

Americal.
Old 03-20-2010, 09:14 PM

Glad to see someone else is as excited for this as I am! :D
Old 04-06-2010, 02:32 AM
Gold Member

Have you found out anything on Project reality mod for Battlefield two? I have been googling like a mad man for info. but nothing confirming. However, 4-5 months ago we went through a 1.9 download in BF2 to fix some bugs, hacks and to add 8 or 9 nine new maps and fix a few other things. I did notice that a couple of the maps had different tanks and squads were outfitted with new kits. Not sure if tanks were Merkervas or not. I know for sure they were not Abhrams or Mecs. They may have added the other IDF games in with the new dowloads?

Friday night I'll take a look and find out.

Americals.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:31 PM

Yes, a new IDF faction was released for Project Reality. In order to get it, you must go to their site and update your game to version 9.0 or the newst version possible. Once you update game, there are two maps currently employing the IDF. Once is named Gaza Beach, and the Other Beirut. You can find the Merkava in the Gaza Beach one for sure, and I haven't yet played Beirut so I don't know what assets the IDF have on that map, but I presume they also have the Merks.
Old 04-08-2010, 01:24 AM
Gold Member

Thank you family guy. I'll let my teamates know. Great screenshots by the way!

Americal.
Old 04-08-2010, 05:34 AM
Dragon

Archangel is on a distinguished road

Shame it's only for PC. I have it on Xbox 360. I love the AEK-971. Shame they didn't include the AEK-973 as well. But I hate that the severly nerfed the MG3. That is my personal favorite LMG with exception to it's daddy the MG-42.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:04 PM
Gold Member

I've always played my games on pc's. Flight sims ,fps and the rest. I think I'm suffering from agent old age or something. Just not quick enough for your type of controls.

Americal.
Old 04-09-2010, 02:18 AM

Yeah, it is only for PC unfortunately. The greatest benefit of playing games on the PC is the access to various mods, and is one of the few reasons I still use the PC. I also agree that the AEK-971 is one good looking gun! :D I personally prefer the LMG, yet I am a biased source since I associate the MG-42 with the Nazis lol.
Israel Forum