Israel Military Forum

Welcome to the Israel Military Forum. You are currently viewing our Israel Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, Image Forum and access our other features. By joining our Israel Military Forum you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so
Join Our Israel Community Today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Go Back   Israel Military Forum > General > Movies, Music & Games Forum > Gaming
Register FAQ Pictures Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2009, 02:50 AM

lobofrisco is on a distinguished road
Default Wings Over Israel flight/Sim

Has anyone played Wings Over Israel? It is a new flight/sim game that is supposed to be very good.
Old 09-30-2009, 02:09 PM

GEN Aaron is on a distinguished road

hey...wow NO one has played the game????

The following 'attempt' at a review is meant to reflect my sentiments as a gamer, so you won't find a whole lot of 'critical analysis' to the game. be warned! =)

This game is awesome! I loved Third Wire's Wings series and have Wings over Vietnam, Wings Over Europe and of course Wings over Israel.

This game is great on so many levels. Flight models are good. I've played MANY MANY flight simulators in my lifetime and I must say that Wings is one of the best I've ever played.

And of the best things is that you can add flight models to the game. There are many modders out there who construct new planes, missions, effects, campaigns for you to fly.

For example, though the game did not ship with a flyable F-15I, I very quickly found a working model and added it to the game. Flies awesome.

All in all, this is a great game. I do hope for a more photorealistic flight sim soon though. And longer mission campaigns.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:27 PM
Dragon

joejd12 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEN Aaron View Post
hey...wow NO one has played the game????

The following 'attempt' at a review is meant to reflect my sentiments as a gamer, so you won't find a whole lot of 'critical analysis' to the game. be warned! =)

This game is awesome! I loved Third Wire's Wings series and have Wings over Vietnam, Wings Over Europe and of course Wings over Israel.

This game is great on so many levels. Flight models are good. I've played MANY MANY flight simulators in my lifetime and I must say that Wings is one of the best I've ever played.

And of the best things is that you can add flight models to the game. There are many modders out there who construct new planes, missions, effects, campaigns for you to fly.

For example, though the game did not ship with a flyable F-15I, I very quickly found a working model and added it to the game. Flies awesome.

All in all, this is a great game. I do hope for a more photorealistic flight sim soon though. And longer mission campaigns.
downloaded it in a torrent file, didnt manage to install and play it :(
Old 10-01-2009, 04:02 AM

oh you should buy the game man. It's not too expensive and it would be great to support the developers. after all, not many developers are making flight sims anymore. =(
Old 10-01-2009, 09:00 PM
Dragon

joejd12 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEN Aaron View Post
oh you should buy the game man. It's not too expensive and it would be great to support the developers. after all, not many developers are making flight sims anymore. =(
thats true, but i dont think any store would sell it as its so old...
Old 10-02-2009, 01:37 AM

check it out bro...straight download to your HDD from the Thirdwire store. https://store.thirdwire.com/store.htm
Old 04-06-2010, 03:16 AM
Gold Member

Americal is on a distinguished road

I have been waiting along time for a good flight sim. What you guys using for flight sticks? Myself,extreme 3D pro Logitech.

Americal.
Old 04-06-2010, 06:03 AM
Banned

betgilson is on a distinguished road
Default Janes IAF

I used to play Janesī IAF flight sim. Super game but the graphics are now to old.
Israel Forum