Israel Military Forum

Welcome to the Israel Military Forum. You are currently viewing our Israel Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, Image Forum and access our other features. By joining our Israel Military Forum you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so
Join Our Israel Community Today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Go Back   Israel Military Forum > General > Sports > Hobby
Register FAQ Pictures Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hobby Military Modelling, Non-military models, Photography, Military collectibles, non-military colectibles, travel,...etc

Old 05-11-2011, 07:33 PM

White_R34 is on a distinguished road
Question Modeling Forum Rules??

Hay any here one knows what the rules for what type of models can or can not be posted here?
(I know no nudity) But what othere countries are allowed here?
US.?, Australia what ever.

I thing the web guys of ladys should post in a locked section at the top of the forum what they want to see and what they do not want to see. I have some US Armor, I would love to show but seeing that this is an Israeli Military based forum. One would thing they may only want Israeli based Armor.

I feel that WWII armor should not be shown here as it can bring up alot of bad feelings. So I thing more modern armor and well as Israeli historical armor should be shown.

What do you guys and girls think?
Old 05-11-2011, 09:03 PM
Retired
Photobucket

odie072 is on a distinguished road

I won't be the final authority on here as I'm new to the mods, but as long as it's tasteful(some of the nose art on aircraft could be a little over the top), but I think just about all military models would be accepted, as long as it is in good taste. But, the other mods or johnboy may want to weigh in on this.

odie
That might of been the sad end of the story. But Nemo refused to give in without a fight. Ignoring his serious head wound, the 85 pound dog threw himself at the Vietcong guerrillas who had opened fire. Nemo's ferocious attack brought Thorneburg the time he needed to call in backup forces.

Although severely wounded, Nemo crawled to his master and covered him with his body.
Old 05-12-2011, 12:34 AM
Zatoichi
PhotobucketPhotobucket

johnboy is on a distinguished road

odie has made a good judgment call I agree with
Old 05-12-2011, 01:13 PM
Zatoichi
PhotobucketPhotobucket

New Ron is on a distinguished road

Agree with the above posts also. Since armored modeling etc, isnt such a stiff subject it shouldnt be limited to only IDF, anything goes, as long as its tasteful. Anything except maybe known enemies of Israel, like Iran, Syria, Saudi Arabia, Qatar etc wouldnt want to give them honors here.

"If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence.. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel."
~ Golda Meir~

Old 05-12-2011, 02:00 PM
Dragon

janetnjohn is on a distinguished road

How about models of iranian tanks that have been bombed!

I have set watchmen upon thy walls, O Jerusalem, which shall never hold their peace day nor night: ye that make mention of the LORD, keep not silence,

"I ask then, has God rejected His people? By no means! God has not rejected His people whom He foreknew. For the gifts and call of God are irrevocable."
(Romans 11:1,2,29)
Old 05-12-2011, 06:18 PM

Thanks guys I have a better idea of what othere nations armor., I'll build and show in this section.

I have bean working on the Marine Corps Assault Breacher Vehicle. An I'm really happy with what I have so far so I'll post working progress of the project. Most of my T-55s and 56 tanks are slated IDF projects. I had started a Tank Man Of China dio. But I stoped it to put all my work and time in to building my IDF projects.

So I'll start new projects on friendly Nations soon. Now I have bean reading about the relationship between Israel and Germany. And found this bit of info:

In the early 1950s, the negotiations began between the Prime Minister of Israel David Ben Gurion, the chairman of the Jewish Claims Conference Nahum Goldmann, and the Chancellor of West Germany Konrad Adenauer. Because of the sensitivity of accepting reparations, this decision was intensely debated in the Israeli Knesset. In 1952, the Reparations Agreement was signed. All in all, as of 2007 Germany had paid 25 billion euros in reparations to the Israeli state and individual Israeli holocaust survivors.In the early 1950s, the negotiations began between the Prime Minister of Israel David Ben Gurion, the chairman of the Jewish Claims Conference Nahum Goldmann, and the Chancellor of West Germany Konrad Adenauer. Because of the sensitivity of accepting reparations, this decision was intensely debated in the Israeli Knesset. In 1952, the Reparations Agreement was signed. All in all, as of 2007 Germany had paid 25 billion euros in reparations to the Israeli state and individual Israeli holocaust survivors.

Under Trade:
Germany is Israel's largest trading partner in Europe and Israel’s second most important trading partner after the United States. Israeli imports from Germany amount to some USD 2.3 billion annually, while Israel is Germany’s fourth largest trading partner in the North Africa/Middle East region. Both in Military arms eqipment and armor.

With that stated, I have alot of "Modern German Armor". That I would like to build on here as well.

I'd also love to see work for you othere guys and girls as well. An not all models have to be military by nature. I have some really cool looking automotive to share as well.

Here's some of my othere armor and automotive.

Last edited by White_R34; 05-12-2011 at 06:24 PM.. Reason: I added some photos.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:13 PM
Dragon

air-on is on a distinguished road

White, about the pretty yellow armour above: is this a kit, or did you build it from scratch?
I have been an airmodeller most of my life (I am 56), but I never did flying scale, mostly acrobatics and combat u-control (you know, circular flight controlled by cables). I do not have the health or the time or the stamina to do that anymore. Nonetheless I am not idling: I am currently building a small (15') sailing dinghy. I love to get wet on the blue waters of the Mediterranean in Bat Yam ("Daughter of the Sea"), Israel!
Your sensitivity on what to display is commendable. And Odie's first test fire has confirmed our expectations about him: a balanced, experienced, peace loving guy.
Way to go, boys!
Aharon
Old 05-13-2011, 01:26 AM
Retired
Photobucket

odie072 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by air-on View Post
White, about the pretty yellow armour above: is this a kit, or did you build it from scratch?
I have been an airmodeller most of my life (I am 56), but I never did flying scale, mostly acrobatics and combat u-control (you know, circular flight controlled by cables). I do not have the health or the time or the stamina to do that anymore. Nonetheless I am not idling: I am currently building a small (15') sailing dinghy. I love to get wet on the blue waters of the Mediterranean in Bat Yam ("Daughter of the Sea"), Israel!
Your sensitivity on what to display is commendable. And Odie's first test fire has confirmed our expectations about him: a balanced, experienced, peace loving guy.
Way to go, boys!
Aharon
Thanks air-on, I appreciate the words of confidence! I don't know about the balanced thing though!!

odie
That might of been the sad end of the story. But Nemo refused to give in without a fight. Ignoring his serious head wound, the 85 pound dog threw himself at the Vietcong guerrillas who had opened fire. Nemo's ferocious attack brought Thorneburg the time he needed to call in backup forces.

Although severely wounded, Nemo crawled to his master and covered him with his body.
Old 05-13-2011, 01:33 AM

I'm glad to hear you still working in your craft, even if you have alot of health issues'. That wild yellow ABV is a conversion of a stock M1 kit. I had the scratchbuild the turret all the rear eqipment as well as the Mine Plough. I'll start a post showing lot's of photos of my starting scratchwork!
Old 12-13-2012, 01:09 AM

vimana is on a distinguished road
Default Sorry for the Terrorist BRDM!

I just posted a photo of a BRDM in Palestinian Authority service, because I wondered if anyone could translate the inscription for me. I might build a model of this vehicle, and I hope everyone understands that depicting military aircraft, figures and vehicles or a historical diorama, doesn't mean I condone the ideology or practices of the nations or groups represented. There are other sites dedicated to IDF subjects, which have sections set aside for adversaries of Israel, so I assumed, maybe mistakenly, that pics of models of these enemy forces would also be welcomed here.
When I build a model kit, I take the same care to assemble and paint the subject as best I can, being historically accurate, regardless of the relative merit of the cause or flag for which they fought. Bad guys or good guys, they all share a place of pride in my collection. No glorification of extremism, terrorism or war crimes is intended.
If it's preferrable to members that only Israeli models be shown here, I understand, and I hope I haven't offended anyone. If I have, I assure you, it was unintentional.
I hope everyone is having a very nice Hannukkah.
Old 12-13-2012, 04:02 AM
Gold Member

Little Rock is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by vimana View Post
I just posted a photo of a BRDM in Palestinian Authority service, because I wondered if anyone could translate the inscription for me. I might build a model of this vehicle, and I hope everyone understands that depicting military aircraft, figures and vehicles or a historical diorama, doesn't mean I condone the ideology or practices of the nations or groups represented. There are other sites dedicated to IDF subjects, which have sections set aside for adversaries of Israel, so I assumed, maybe mistakenly, that pics of models of these enemy forces would also be welcomed here.
When I build a model kit, I take the same care to assemble and paint the subject as best I can, being historically accurate, regardless of the relative merit of the cause or flag for which they fought. Bad guys or good guys, they all share a place of pride in my collection. No glorification of extremism, terrorism or war crimes is intended.
If it's preferrable to members that only Israeli models be shown here, I understand, and I hope I haven't offended anyone. If I have, I assure you, it was unintentional.
I hope everyone is having a very nice Hannukkah.

In The Rules upthread New Ron Posted on 05-12-2011, 09:13 AM that, "Anything except maybe known enemies of Israel, like Iran, Syria, Saudi Arabia, Qatar etc wouldnt want to give them honors here."

The last I heard the PA WAS and remains an enemy of Israel and therefore I guess models or images of UNDESTROYED PA vehicles wouldn't be too welcome here. I might be wrong but that's my interpretation of the Rules posted upthread.

Cheers and happy Hanukka
Old 12-13-2012, 04:08 AM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

Knaur is on a distinguished road

I don't see anything personally wrong with showing enemies though it might be technically against forum rules, after all how else will battle frescos etc. be shown.
A war generating battles is ‘curse’ not ‘mirth’.

At that time, I will search out and destroy all of the nations who have come against Jerusalem - Zechariah 12:9
Israel Forum