Israel Military Forum

Welcome to the Israel Military Forum. You are currently viewing our Israel Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, Image Forum and access our other features. By joining our Israel Military Forum you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so
Join Our Israel Community Today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Go Back   Israel Military Forum > Israel National security > Israeli Military Discussion Forum
Register FAQ Pictures Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Israeli Military Discussion Forum GENERAL Topics Relating To Israel & Its National Security, Latest news and Analysis.

Old 03-02-2009, 05:02 AM

ghostridermeister is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Israel Becomes India's Top Defense Supplier with PHALCON Deal

india-israel-flag.jpg

Israel has overtaken Russia as the main defense supplier to India after breaking the $1 billion mark in new contracts signed annually over the past two years. According to news reports, Russia had averaged sales of $875 million annually to India for the past 40 years.

In August, India's defense ministry approved a $2.5b. joint IAI-Rafael deal to develop a new and advanced version of the Spyder surface-to-air missile system. In March, India is scheduled to receive the first of three new Phalcon Airborne Warning and Control Systems (AWACS) developed for the Indian Air Force by Israel Aerospace Industries. The sides are in talks for the possible purchase of another three AWACS.

The Phalcon (phased array L-band conformal radar) was designed and manufactured by Elta. It includes radar, electronic intelligence systems, and communication equipment. It has already sold a similar system to the Chilean air force. IAI last week displayed at the Aero India defense expo its new third-generation AWACS based inside a small G550 Gulfstream business jet.

"We have a very special defense relationship with India. It's now moving toward joint development of equipment. There are several new projects in the pipeline," Maj.-Gen. (res.) Udi Shani, head of the Defense Ministry's SIBAT Defense Export and Cooperation Agency said in an interview with the Indian press last week.

Israeli defense officials said that in the past decade, the countries have signed deals reaching a whopping $9b. "There is close cooperation and the Indians respect Israeli systems and our experience in fighting terror," one official said.

Another system India recently purchased from Israel is the aerostat radar to help defend the country against attacks like the ones in Mumbai in November in which the attackers infiltrated the city by sea. The radars will be deployed in strategic points to provide advance warning against incoming enemy aircraft and missiles. The deal is valued at $600m.

The EL/M-2083 Aerostat radars are a simpler version of the Green Pine radar, made by Israel Aerospace Industries, and used by the Arrow missile defense system. The phased-array radars are mounted on blimp-like balloons tethered to the ground and capable of detecting intrusions earlier than ground-based radar systems.

Following the Mumbai attacks, Israel and India also agreed upon the joint development of medium-range surface-to-air missiles (MRSAM) for the air force.
Old 05-24-2009, 04:00 AM
Retired

haamimhagolan is on a distinguished road

Israel Aerospace Industries is reportedly in the advance stages of a follow-on sale of additional Phalcon AWACS:
http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satelli...cle%2FShowFull
Old 06-02-2009, 10:29 AM
Retired

The first Phalcon-equipped AWAC's were officially inducted into the Indian Air Force in a ceremony held on May 26th. The remaining two aircraft should both be delivered by the end of 2010.
http://www.flightglobal.com/articles...y-warning.html
Old 06-11-2009, 08:47 AM

youngindian is on a distinguished road

great news guys
Old 06-11-2009, 04:13 PM

vanhelsing is on a distinguished road

But i can see smoke from my neighbour hood oh! Call U.S.A its fire on their *** usa will give them some$$ and they will buy donkey for themselve.Erieye
Old 06-11-2009, 04:22 PM
Zatoichi
PhotobucketPhotobucket

New Ron is on a distinguished road

I dont understand what you are saying Vanhelsing. What do you mean?

"If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence.. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel."
~ Golda Meir~

Old 06-11-2009, 04:59 PM

new ron ,Vanhelsing stated that when india buys weapons from israel then our nabour paki ask usa for some dollar to buy weapons.
Old 06-12-2009, 02:13 AM
Retired

I think I understand what youngindian is trying to say.

Yes, many of us are uneasy about the military aid that the United States supplies to Pakistan - given the volatility of the Pakistani political scene. I think that we all understand that securing Pakistan's (minimal) cooperation during the war on terror is important, although we are also wary of the possibility that Pakistan could easily go the way of the Shah of Iran in another Islamic revolution.

I would take solace, however, in the fact that the US has been cautious regarding the types and quality of arms that are sold to Pakistan. As you pointed out, the Phalcon is head and shoulders above the Erieye system that Pakistan intends to buy. I would also point out that the fighters that the US has offered to supply to India (both the F-16IN and F-18E/F) are likewise better equipped than the Block 52 F-16s supplied to Pakistan. India is being offered the AESA radar systems in their fighters that Pakistan was not. India will also have access to Israeli electronics, countermeasures and weaponry on their aircraft that Pakistan can only dream of. Be assured that India is getting the better end of the deal.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:57 AM
Zatoichi
PhotobucketPhotobucket

New Ron is on a distinguished road

Oh ok thanks for the clarification youngindian. lol.
Yes Ive always understood why the US, felt in the 80s and before that Pakistan was a important middle ground against the Soviets, especially the USSR was taking over Afghanistan, and expanding their colonization. I am all for fighting the commies. However if the U.S. had not interferred with the Soviet occupation the U.S. would have been spared of having to do it now. Ossama was actually taken in pictures with US CIA agents back then when the US was doing business helping those Mujjahiden to fight the Soviets!

What I never liked was the fact that all this was done at the expense of India, and the US ignored the fact that Pakistan was doing its best to hurt and destroy parts of India. The US made a choice in the past to favor Pakistan even if it meant Pakistan will one day send missiles into India. The US reaped their "reward" on Sept 11 for having fattened up those Taliban and Al Qaeda pigs for so many years!

In an interview on a newspaper in the 80's and I dont know if I can remember the newspaper, but when I do I will try to get a copy, and post it here; Osama Bin Laden said , yes we are letting the Americans help us now, to fight the Soviets, but later we will continue our fight against the American and infidels. Despite saying that the Reagan administration kept on helping the Taliban Mujahidin, making India even more bitter toward the US, for the Taliban were aiding the terrorists in Kashmir.

When the Taliban hijacked an Indian airliner years later, Bill Clinton still made a friendship visit to Pakistan, who was openly aiding the Taliban. India then warned Bill Clinton that his actions are hurting US India relations. Bill Clinton must have laughed.

It was George W Bush who changed all that, and made US India relations what it is today, stronger than ever! A nuclear deal with India that made an uproar in Iran, the Ayatollahs threw hate speeches for weeks against India and Bush.

India and Israel have always has a good relationship, the Jews will never forget how India welcomed the Jews with open arms, and there has never been attacks on Jews by Hindus as there was in Europe by the Nazis or even in the US by the KKK etc.

Long Live Israelo-Indian cooperation!

"If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence.. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel."
~ Golda Meir~

Old 06-12-2009, 03:39 PM

yes mate you guys are absolutely right and it is true that coz of israel we are fully capable to counter our nuclear armed naboours
Israel Forum