Israel Military Forum

Welcome to the Israel Military Forum. You are currently viewing our Israel Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, Image Forum and access our other features. By joining our Israel Military Forum you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so
Join Our Israel Community Today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Go Back   Israel Military Forum > General > Sports > Hobby
Register FAQ Pictures Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hobby Military Modelling, Non-military models, Photography, Military collectibles, non-military colectibles, travel,...etc

Old 06-03-2010, 01:52 AM

White_R34 is on a distinguished road
Talking IDF M113 "Nagmash Ambulance". (AMEV)

I have bean working on this project for 2 years so far. This is the start and were I am right now in the last two photos.

I'm still working on it and I'll add new progress photos soon.

Last edited by White_R34; 06-03-2010 at 01:53 AM.. Reason: I wish I could remove that tag.
Old 06-03-2010, 01:54 AM
Dragon

SpacemanSpiff is on a distinguished road

I read through your entire thread on the Merkava III you built. The "balls and chains" and the missile detection system you hand built were really phenomenal. And the black oil vs purple transmission fluid on the drums in back was really a nice touch.
Old 06-03-2010, 02:17 AM

Thanks "SpacemanSpiff" I just posted some photos of that build as well. As I feel it realy blongs here.

Last edited by White_R34; 06-03-2010 at 02:18 AM.. Reason: I needed to ass some info.
Old 06-03-2010, 05:19 AM
Gold Member

Little Rock is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_R34 View Post
I have bean working on this project for 2 years so far. This is the start and were I am right now in the last two photos.

I'm still working on it and I'll add new progress photos soon.
Shalom.

Where did you get the PE exhaust shield? I have a couple of IDF M-113s and another couple of M-113s I want to convert to IDF ones. I could use more of the exhaust shrouds since the non-IDF kits didn't have them.

You model looks pretty impressive already.

Thanks and cheers from Peter

Last edited by Little Rock; 06-03-2010 at 05:20 AM.. Reason: separated run-on words
Old 06-03-2010, 09:59 AM

Little Rock sorry it's not really a photo-etched part. I had such a tuff time finding any IDF Eduard Accessories. I just scratch built the exhaust shroud my self.
Here's some photos of when I was working on building the exhaust pipe.

I tell you what, If you want to see just how I did it. I'll make one more and show you every thing I did to make it step by step. Let me know if this is something you want me to do.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:22 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_R34 View Post
Little Rock sorry it's not really a photo-etched part. I had such a tuff time finding any IDF Eduard Accessories. I just scratch built the exhaust shroud my self.
Here's some photos of when I was working on building the exhaust pipe.

I tell you what, If you want to see just how I did it. I'll make one more and show you every thing I did to make it step by step. Let me know if this is something you want me to do.
Shalom.

I have been following this build with both a great deal of interest and also with a great deal of admiration. You are doing an absolutely fantastic build here.

Yes, I would appreciate a step-by-step on how you created those exhaust shields.

Have you seen the new Iraq 2 figure set from Master Box?

http://www.mbltd.info/3576.htm

It has four figures that can be used as HAMAS or Hezollah cow.... oops I mean fighters. VBEG LOL. There's even a kid included that the three fighters can hide behind.

Scelli. Dragon makes a set of four figures US MARINES TET 1968 that have two figures one being carried by another that is similar to the Warriors figures. I think that they could be modified to Israeli figures

Cheers from Peter
Old 07-19-2010, 09:40 PM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

scelli is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Rock View Post
Scelli. Dragon makes a set of four figures US MARINES TET 1968 that have two figures one being carried by another that is similar to the Warriors figures. I think that they could be modified to Israeli figures

Cheers from Peter
You folks doing this model stuff are really talented, so keep on posting your work to the forum as it's a real nice chance of pace. I don't have the patience for such things, but sure admire those who do!

Although Tet was 2 years before my time, did a search just for fun on what you mentioned and found this pic which I suppose illustrates the action figures. It's nice to see my beloved M60 machine gun being used by a squad member as rear coverage while clearing the area of wounded:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tet68.jpg (30.1 KB, 5 views)

Old 07-19-2010, 11:08 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scelli View Post
You folks doing this model stuff are really talented, so keep on posting your work to the forum as it's a real nice chance of pace. I don't have the patience for such things, but sure admire those who do!

Although Tet was 2 years before my time, did a search just for fun on what you mentioned and found this pic which I suppose illustrates the action figures. It's nice to see my beloved M60 machine gun being used by a squad member as rear coverage while clearing the area of wounded:
Shalom Scelli.

YES! Those are the figures I was referring to. They are very nicely done. I am just starting another Revell 1/32 Huey and it's going to be a Dustoff with wounded being carried to it.

I will be building a M-113 Nagmash Ambulance to but unlike this very talented builder's Nagmash Ambulance mine won't have the interior. Or maybe it will if his is done before mine is too far along.

I really like the idea of having an Israeli vehicle with the red Star of David on it as something different *AND* very educational.

Cheers from Peter
Old 07-19-2010, 11:30 PM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

scelli is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Rock View Post
Shalom Scelli.

YES! Those are the figures I was referring to. They are very nicely done. I am just starting another Revell 1/32 Huey and it's going to be a Dustoff with wounded being carried to it.

I will be building a M-113 Nagmash Ambulance to but unlike this very talented builder's Nagmash Ambulance mine won't have the interior. Or maybe it will if his is done before mine is too far along.

I really like the idea of having an Israeli vehicle with the red Star of David on it as something different *AND* very educational.

Cheers from Peter
Yes, Dustoff or Medevac were the terms my generation was most familiar with when dealing with medical helo evacuation, especially when calling in a request for assistance via a squad radio. Going strictly by memory and wouldn't swear by it but think I recall the Huey aircraft used was specifically a UH1D(?) in most cases w/o mounted gun support due to the crew being flagged as (supposedly) non-combatants...but that's a whole different story entirely.

Old 06-03-2010, 10:36 AM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

Knaur is on a distinguished road

R34,

Been seeing your threads around here Good work all around, keep it up.

In my veins runs the blood of the poets and wise men of old, and it is my desire to come to you and receive, but I shall not come with empty hands - Kahlil Gibran
Old 06-27-2010, 04:29 PM

I have a lot mor work done so hee it is.
At that point I jumped to the exterior to add some stuff so i can pass working on it later. [External fuel Tank]

I have no name for these parts, I just know I had to add and fill spaces in.

Next I will be back at work on the rear interior.

I'm sick of looking around for a resin fuel tank for my M113 so I'm building my own. I do know about the Mouse House fuel tank but I didn't know of a site or company in the US that had one. SO like I always say "If you can't buy it, build it" So here's that start...
Old 06-27-2010, 04:34 PM

OK here's something I had to build, I don't really have a nome for it but I had to build it.

Here's some of my work on the Fuel tank.

Old 06-27-2010, 04:38 PM

I had to build more communications equipment as well as the heater unit.

I had to fix the hook up's on the radio. I see that I have the CB Mic pluged in to the rong spot. I have it in the AUDIO out. That plug in spot is for small skeaker boxies mounted around the interior witch they dont use., but they do use small radio monitor control boxies.(The MCB-monitor control box)- is that small box next to the fire extinguisher. It will be a simple fix.

Last edited by White_R34; 06-27-2010 at 04:43 PM..
Old 06-27-2010, 04:40 PM

Now when it comes to that heater-sheld, I started out making it from .015 sheet styrene., but it would not hold it's round shape so I went to K&N .005 sheet brass. It holds it's shap a lot better.
Here the real 1:1 heater and sheld.

Now my work on the 1/35 M113 heater and it's sheld. You also my notice that I added some .030 strips to the brass so I could make space between the shield and the heater, as seen in the real photo.

Now the heater mounting on the fire wall. Note: the small (MCB-monitor control box)

Old 06-27-2010, 05:47 PM
Zatoichi
PhotobucketPhotobucket

rafi is on a distinguished road

Great detail. I can almost taste the dust.

My home away from home during sadir is shown in photo.
Old 06-27-2010, 05:57 PM
Dragon

SpacemanSpiff is on a distinguished road

I am impressed by your modeling skills, White_R34, and your patience.

But even more, I am amazed by your ability to notice the smallest details that just about anyone else wouldn't even see.
Old 07-12-2010, 06:31 AM

Ok guys here's some new work.

Here's the Medic swing out seat.

The only thing I don't like about the M113 in that photo is it was a stripped down display model for the Latrun Museum. An now were in the short chapter did it show what the oxygen production unit or eqipment looked like or show were it would be placed. So I must come up with my own placement. Now this is only a firtst look at the parts I may use.
Old 07-16-2010, 06:58 AM

Ok I'm starting my interior paint job to day.

I had to come up with my own set up for this side. Sorry if it's rong in any way.

Last edited by White_R34; 07-16-2010 at 07:04 AM.. Reason: More photos were needed.
Old 07-19-2010, 12:13 AM

Ok guys here's some photos of my interior paint job.

Now some detailed equipment painting.

Old 07-19-2010, 12:15 AM

Here's some engine photos.