Israel Military Forum

Welcome to the Israel Military Forum. You are currently viewing our Israel Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, Image Forum and access our other features. By joining our Israel Military Forum you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so
Join Our Israel Community Today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Go Back   Israel Military Forum > Israel National security > Global Military > South America
Register FAQ Pictures Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

South America Military news from South & Central America.

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 11:39 PM
Dragon
Photobucket

Paparock is on a distinguished road
Smile Be more tacful in posting please

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheZohan View Post
Nothing other than I just wanted to provide my input. I wasn't looking to have this boil into a huge debate.

I'm a member of a local political science group where we discussed this very subject (i'm one of the founding members actually). I get a lot of my information from there, we have some some very informative discussions on various topics.
Try backing up your statements with verifiable documented facts and not just your opinions as such is a requirement here. You are becoming offensive to some members and that is a violation of the terms of use of this site. I don’t know your background however you need to exercise more finesse in your manner of posting.
The LORD lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace.

Asymmetric Warfare It’s not just for the “Other Guys”

Old 07-19-2012, 01:51 AM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

Knaur is on a distinguished road

Quote:
You guys stared mentioning how Argentina is anti semitic for harboring Nazis, so it was only natural to question how anti semitic Britain is in comparison, and both nations are guilty of anti semitism to some degree.
We never disputed that, in fact we posted that ourself. But its not the main point of discussion in this thread.

Quote:
Nor did I ever say Israel should totally burn it's bridges with Britain.
Again, Israel has nothing to do with Falklands. USA was mentioned because it a British military ally which is now leaning towards Argentina.

Quote:
Looking at the bigger picture, my larger point here is that Israel needs to make new alliances, and if that means supporting Argentina at some point so be it. It's a matter of survival, I doubt we can expect Israel's current major allies to keep supporting it. That even goes for the US (as much as I hate to say it).
Fine, if you believe Israel supporting Argentina shifts the stragetic balance anyway, so be it. Neither Argentina nor Britain will be affected the slightest with regards to the scenario in Falkland Islands. Israel will of course manage to worsen relations with Britain though.

Quote:
Just look at Turkey for example. That relationship hit the fan in less than a day.
I see. Since Argentina, Britain, USA, Israel and Turkey are now somehow involved in what started as a discussion on Britain's naval prowess in relation to Falklands, why not throw in some other issues as well and completely miss the point
A war generating battles is ‘curse’ not ‘mirth’.

At that time, I will search out and destroy all of the nations who have come against Jerusalem - Zechariah 12:9
Old 07-19-2012, 01:56 AM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

Knaur is on a distinguished road

Quote:

I'm a member of a local political science group where we discussed this very subject (i'm one of the founding members actually). I get a lot of my information from there, we have some some very informative discussions on various topics.
If you pursue that hobby, you will either be mocked, ignored, derided or looked at as some sort of a baby eating monster if you try presenting a pro-Israeli view. I can tell you that from experience, so best of luck.
A war generating battles is ‘curse’ not ‘mirth’.

At that time, I will search out and destroy all of the nations who have come against Jerusalem - Zechariah 12:9
Old 07-19-2012, 05:18 AM

TheZohan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knaur View Post
If you pursue that hobby, you will either be mocked, ignored, derided or looked at as some sort of a baby eating monster if you try presenting a pro-Israeli view. I can tell you that from experience, so best of luck.
Don't worry, I already know
Old 07-19-2012, 05:28 AM

TheZohan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paparock View Post
Try backing up your statements with verifiable documented facts and not just your opinions as such is a requirement here. You are becoming offensive to some members and that is a violation of the terms of use of this site. I don’t know your background however you need to exercise more finesse in your manner of posting.
I'm not trying to be offensive to anybody, in any way. I'm expressing my opinion, that doesn't count as being offensive.

People get way too offended over the slightest of things .

Also, Israel became a part of the discussion originally concerning Begin's military aid to Argentina. With that said, I will no longer be posting in this thread.

Last edited by TheZohan; 07-19-2012 at 05:34 AM..
Old 07-19-2012, 08:00 AM
Dragon

janetnjohn is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knaur View Post
Thanks Scelli, and am thankful to British colonism for it or it is highly likely that in India it would have been French colonism instead and I'd be making these points in French, oui, the horror, the horror
harharhar!!!

we all know the french are cheese eating surrender monkeys!

I have set watchmen upon thy walls, O Jerusalem, which shall never hold their peace day nor night: ye that make mention of the LORD, keep not silence,

"I ask then, has God rejected His people? By no means! God has not rejected His people whom He foreknew. For the gifts and call of God are irrevocable."
(Romans 11:1,2,29)
Old 07-19-2012, 08:14 AM
Dragon

janetnjohn is on a distinguished road

Quote:
My point is Britain loves to constantly cling on to their past, including colonialism. It's just weird to me.

I have yet to even understand why British people pay taxes so a queen who has no power can live in luxury.
are you twelve or something!! the falklands islanders want to remain british! the island costs our govt a fortune and if the islanders wanted independence they'd get it, just like other former empire nations. the british only holds onto territories that wants to remain british!
the british empire had many faults but i can assure it was used by G-d in many ways. would Israel exist today if it were not for G-d using balfour? like it or not for years G-d sent missionaries out of the uk all around the world spreading the gospels.
just remember the britain was one of the greatest empires in history and without them where would we be? would we have any form of civilasation without the great empires? or would we be sitting in mud hats scratching our a$$es with a hippo bone!!
Knaur has already said that he is glad that India was part of the empire and britain has been enriched by india and currently india is one of the biggest economies in the world. many of the commonwealth nations are proud to be part of that empire but as with all empires absolute power corrupts absolutley and we made many mistakes but that is our responsibility and not yours. and if you are serious about argentina taking control of the islands, well isn't that colonialism????? after all if a nation invades another nation that does not belong to it then that is called empire building

I have set watchmen upon thy walls, O Jerusalem, which shall never hold their peace day nor night: ye that make mention of the LORD, keep not silence,

"I ask then, has God rejected His people? By no means! God has not rejected His people whom He foreknew. For the gifts and call of God are irrevocable."
(Romans 11:1,2,29)

Last edited by janetnjohn; 07-19-2012 at 08:40 AM..
Old 07-19-2012, 04:16 PM
Dragon
Photobucket

Paparock is on a distinguished road

This thread is becoming to heated so I am closing it.
The LORD lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace.

Asymmetric Warfare It’s not just for the “Other Guys”

Israel Forum
Closed Thread