Israel Military Forum

Welcome to the Israel Military Forum. You are currently viewing our Israel Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, Image Forum and access our other features. By joining our Israel Military Forum you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so
Join Our Israel Community Today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Go Back   Israel Military Forum > Israel National security > Global Military > South America
Register FAQ Pictures Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

South America Military news from South & Central America.

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 07:58 AM
Dragon

janetnjohn is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishmael View Post
The once mighty Britannia! Those British officered the Arab Legion in 1948.
Maybe the treatment of Jews during mandate and the refusal to aid in destruction of camps during WW2 has come to call. As many Christians says, God reward the helpers of the chosen people and punishes the enemies.
The Messianic Jew Lance Lambert had a prophecy last year regarding britains attitude to israel and the jewish people, it was a warning regarding a change to our weather patterns as a judgement and lo and behold britain is being battered by first drought and now flooding!!

I have set watchmen upon thy walls, O Jerusalem, which shall never hold their peace day nor night: ye that make mention of the LORD, keep not silence,

"I ask then, has God rejected His people? By no means! God has not rejected His people whom He foreknew. For the gifts and call of God are irrevocable."
(Romans 11:1,2,29)
Old 06-14-2012, 05:21 AM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

Knaur is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by janetnjohn View Post
The Messianic Jew Lance Lambert had a prophecy last year regarding britains attitude to israel and the jewish people, it was a warning regarding a change to our weather patterns as a judgement and lo and behold britain is being battered by first drought and now flooding!!
Did it say anything about the Welsh being punished for unnatural carnal knowledge??

No, it has nothing to do with far flung colonies in the Southern hemisphere with a sizeable no. of sheep, tyvm!
It is absolutely true in war, were other things equal, that numbers, whether men, shells, bombs, etc, would be supreme. Yet it is also absolutely true that other things are never equal and can never be equal - Maj.Gen. J. F. C. Fuller

At that time, I will search out and destroy all of the nations who have come against Jerusalem - Zechariah 12:9
Old 07-17-2012, 12:59 AM

TheZohan is on a distinguished road

In the first war, Menachem Begin (with his deep hatred of the UK from his Irgun days) supplied Argentina with weapons.

I hope Argentina takes the islands back. British colonialism needs to end.
Old 07-17-2012, 03:43 AM
Zatoichi
PhotobucketPhotobucket

New Ron is on a distinguished road

British forces are ten times more trained at real war then they were back then. Yes they dont have the Naval power they once had, but neither does Argentinia.

Once Britain decides to send her armed forces, they will find a way and Argentina will be humiliated as never before.

That silly Argentinian president lady, is failing so she is taking the eyes off of her on something "patriotic" to look good.

Both Spain and Britain were colonialists, its silly they argue what belongs to whom. Right now British citizens live there, Spanish have never had a strong colony there, not even Native Americans, so the issue is over.

"If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence.. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel."
~ Golda Meir~

Old 07-17-2012, 03:45 AM
Zatoichi
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheZohan View Post
In the first war, Menachem Begin (with his deep hatred of the UK from his Irgun days) supplied Argentina with weapons.

Well I'm going to say it Begin was wrong! Is Argentina a pro Jewish nation? They have been anti semitic, more than any British were.

"If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence.. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel."
~ Golda Meir~

Old 07-17-2012, 03:48 AM
Zatoichi
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Argentina's anti-Semitic past

A Holocaust-denying bishop's extradition recalls Argentina's history serving as a refuge for Nazis and anti-Semites.

March 12, 2009 19:10Updated May 30, 2010 12:47

BUENOS AIRES — When Argentines discovered that they had a Holocaust-denying bishop in their midst, the public outcry was forceful and the government response swift.

British-born bishop Richard Williamson was summarily expelled from the country last month, to the applause of Jewish rights groups and others. The official reason cited by immigration authorities was a visa technicality, but the message was clear: Argentina will not tolerate anti-Semitism within its borders.

The domestic response was part of a larger international debate that erupted after Pope Benedict XVI allowed Williamson back into the Catholic Church earlier this year. On March 12, the Vatican released a letter the pope wrote to bishops worldwide, in which he said the Vatican mishandled the reinstatement. The pope expressed regret for the event, which "upset peace between Christians and Jews."

For the largest Jewish community in Latin America, peace has often been hard to come by: Argentina has a long, dark history as a haven for anti-Semites and Nazis.

Even today, the number of spray-painted swastikas on the streets of Buenos Aires hints at the persistent anti-Semitism below Argentina's politically correct veneer. The graffiti, together with Argentina's history of serving as a refuge for Nazis and anti-Semites, might suggest a strong Argentine neo-Nazi movement.

Read the rest here: http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/a...i-semitic-past

~ Golda Meir~

Old 07-17-2012, 05:18 AM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

Quote:

What are you talking about, Argentina should take it "back" ! They were never a part of Argentina at all, the islands were uninhabited before being settled by Europeans !

The islands are self governing and the inhabitants wish to remain with Britain, if anything Argentina is the aggressor here.
It is absolutely true in war, were other things equal, that numbers, whether men, shells, bombs, etc, would be supreme. Yet it is also absolutely true that other things are never equal and can never be equal - Maj.Gen. J. F. C. Fuller

At that time, I will search out and destroy all of the nations who have come against Jerusalem - Zechariah 12:9
Old 07-17-2012, 05:37 AM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Ron View Post
They have been anti semitic, more than any British were.
Oh am not too sure of that at all, the British were as anti-semitic as anyone gets in the past.

Old 07-17-2012, 07:18 AM
Dragon

janetnjohn is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knaur View Post
Oh am not too sure of that at all, the British were as anti-semitic as anyone gets in the past.
New Ron is right here, argentina has long been harbouring nazi war criminals, the catholic 'owned' rat runs smuggled nazis out of germany after the war. whereas britain has a long history of stupid idiots in regards to anti semitism, we were at least part of the driving force for a jewish homeland in Israel, the balfour declaration.

also as stated by Knaur the falklands belongs to its people and its people wish to remain british!! the spanish were never interested in the falklands when they governed argentina and when they left, the argentinians never showed an interest in the islands except to whip up national fervour in times of economic struggle.

Knaur, enough with the sheep! i've moved on to goats already!!!!!!!!!

I have set watchmen upon thy walls, O Jerusalem, which shall never hold their peace day nor night: ye that make mention of the LORD, keep not silence,

"I ask then, has God rejected His people? By no means! God has not rejected His people whom He foreknew. For the gifts and call of God are irrevocable."
(Romans 11:1,2,29)
Old 07-17-2012, 07:28 AM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

Quote:
Originally Posted by janetnjohn View Post
New Ron is right here, argentina has long been harbouring nazi war criminals, the catholic 'owned' rat runs smuggled nazis out of germany after the war. whereas britain has a long history of stupid idiots in regards to anti semitism, we were at least part of the driving force for a jewish homeland in Israel, the balfour declaration.
I am certainly not disputing Argentina's heinous activities, but history goes far beyond the modern state of Israel, in middle Ages British were as rabidly anti-Semitic as anyone. Even classic authors British authors like Shakespeare depict Jews as subhuman.

Quote:
also as stated by Knaur the falklands belongs to its people and its people wish to remain british!! the spanish were never interested in the falklands when they governed argentina and when they left, the argentinians never showed an interest in the islands except to whip up national fervour in times of economic struggle.
Yeah I just don't understand how people want Argentina to take back something which was never theirs in first place! And Obama the idiot actually supports Argentina instead of Britain which has and continues to shed blood side by side with the Americans in combat.

Quote:
Knaur, enough with the sheep! i've moved on to goats already!!!!!!!!!
Do the blondes know?

Old 07-17-2012, 12:31 PM
Zatoichi
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Quote:
I am certainly not disputing Argentina's heinous activities, but history goes far beyond the modern state of Israel, in middle Ages British were as rabidly anti-Semitic as anyone. Even classic authors British authors like Shakespeare depict Jews as subhuman.
All European nations have been anti semitic at some point in history, this carried on in their colonies.

I fully understand Begins anger towards Britain, they hanged his best friend. Besides the allegations of Israel's support for Argentina haven't really been proven.

Argentinia has had some good history regarding Jews, before WWII but their close ties with nazis in more recent history should have made Israel think twice before being obsessed with bashing Britain, whom yes I know has also been anti semitic many times and many tried to destroy the state of Israel, more because they were losing the colony of the Holyland, than anti Jew reasons. The best move in this case would have been not to get involved with either side. In a way we all deserve the Karma we create, so Britain got back a taste of how they mistreated Jews in Israel, but the fact the UK won makes Israels support for Argentina that much worse. Even America was very fond of that Argentinean government that was anti communist and didnt want a war and didnt like it, but out of loyalty they eventually showed their clear support for the UK.

Argentina today pushes for the recognition of "palestine" says alot about alot of south american states.

Now for Shakespeare, he was a realistic depicter of life back then, here is an exceprt from his play Merchant of Venice, see how the Jewish merchant Shylock speaks, you can see if Shakespeare is anti semitic from it or not.

"Hath not a Jew eyes? Hath not a Jew hands, organs, dimensions, senses, affections, passions; fed with the same food, hurt with the same weapons, subject to the same diseases, heal'd by the same means, warm'd and cool'd by the same winter and summer as a Christian is? If you prikk us, do we not bleed? If you tickle us, do we not laugh? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that. If a Jew wrong a Christian, what is his humility? Revenge. If a Christian wrong a Jew, what should his sufferance be by Christian example? Why, revenge. The villainy you teach me, I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction."

—Act III, scene I

~ Golda Meir~

Last edited by New Ron; 07-17-2012 at 12:33 PM..
Old 07-17-2012, 02:48 PM

Quote:
What are you talking about, Argentina should take it "back" ! They were never a part of Argentina at all, the islands were uninhabited before being settled by Europeans !

The islands are self governing and the inhabitants wish to remain with Britain, if anything Argentina is the aggressor here.
Weren't the islands owned by Spain before Britain?

The only reason I lean in Argentina's favor slightly is due to what the British have said/done in the past with regards to Israel and anti semitism in general. I also find it strange that a little island nation still has territories all over the planet thousands of miles away from it's own borders. The British like hanging on to their history, including their colonial past.

You don't see any Israeli Virgin Islands, do you?

Last edited by TheZohan; 07-17-2012 at 03:00 PM..
Old 07-17-2012, 03:04 PM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

scelli is on a distinguished road

Quote:
No, you don't...because they are the US Virgin Islands. So what's your point?

Old 07-17-2012, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scelli View Post
No, you don't...because they are the US Virgin Islands. So what's your point?
My point is Britain loves to constantly cling on to their past, including colonialism. It's just weird to me.

I have yet to even understand why British people pay taxes so a queen who has no power can live in luxury.
Old 07-17-2012, 05:25 PM
Dragon
Photobucket

Paparock is on a distinguished road
Arrow Don't Major in Minors Zohan. Look at what is happening around you.

Quote:
My point is Britain loves to constantly cling on to their past, including colonialism. It's just weird to me.

I have yet to even understand why British people pay taxes so a queen who has no power can live in luxury.

Don't Major in Minors Zohan. Look at what is happening around you.

A large part of my bloodline comes from England and Ireland but I am an American yet I stand for what is right over it all! And how do I determine what is right you may ask? I am in a somewhat different position than the average individual. Many regulars here know I am not Jewish but I stand alongside Israel and the Jewish people even if it costs me what is left of my life. The first Jews I ever met were Israelis in Air Defense Officer Training at Fort Bliss, Texas. I was drawn to their personalities and quickly came to admire them for their honor, loyalty, and refusal to be bated by the Syrians in our class that daily showed how they lacked all the qualities the Israelis exuded by their words and actions! These Israeli Officers were men of their word by action as I came to know them.

I am a Christian but also a Zionist. I came to that belief long before I ever met my first Jew or Israeli. It came from long hours of my own study and not from what others told me. I operate off my own internal beliefs that are not shaken by what others say or do to me. While I was in college I was handpicked by a cadre of Special Forces Officers that formed a Counter Guerilla Unit in our ROTC Corps of 1200 men. The Green Beret that wrote my person evaluation said “I scared him” because he understood how I functioned off my own internal core beliefs. He wrote that if I the military or my government that commanded me ever betrayed me I was just as like to use my talents against them as against the enemies they ordered me against. I tell you these things because there is soon coming a time in this world when all are going to have to choose sides. The evil that motivated the Third Reich and I am not just talking about Nazi philosophy but the EVIL that motivates men to do such things as the Holocaust are once again coming to POWER to do battle against the forces of GOOD in the world. These times will try men’s’ faith to their very core to find out what they really believe and are willing to die for. The time is closer than the majority of people think; look what is happening in the Persian Gulf and Iran. What will it take to start a shooting war that could ignite the Middle East and even part of Asia including NUKES possibly! The whole world as you know it could change in minutes!!! Most people just as in history leading up to WWI & WWII are either too busy with daily life to take notice or just don’t care. Others are actively taking part in the events though many are ignorant of the true outcome their actions will bring about. It is the same old “those that do not learn the lessons of history are doomed to repeat them”. This time they are playing with the atomic bomb though. I hope you read my post to the thread, Proposing possibly the impossible - Containment of Iran.

Zohan, the quote above about learning the lessons of history says it all; why we should never forget it least we repeat the failures and mistakes of those that have come before us! No one should cling to our history but learn from it. We can see what is happening daily to those that cling to history as compared to those that use it as an instructive to avoid disaster. The world wants Israel to appease the Middle Easter Muslim nation yet so far Israel has been wise in learning exactly what doing so has gotten them from said Muslim Nations: NOTHING! Just like when the world appeased Hitler and Nazi Germany they only wanted more and more until Nazi Germany tried to take it all. Israel has been wise in understanding that Middle Eastern Muslim Nations have the same in mind for them because Muslim leaders have and continue to say so daily. If a man hold a gun to your head and says he is going to kill you, then your wife and children; I suggest you take him seriously!!! That is what the Muslim Nations, their leaders, and their Islamic Leaders have been saying since the day Israel was founded and only a FOOL would not take them at their WORD!!! The FUEL (Muslim Hatred) is there, the seeds of destruction are there (Nukes in Pakistan and possible at any moment in Iran), so all is need is the EVENT that ignites it ALL! Are you ready Zohan because everyone in the world will be affected?
The LORD lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace.

Asymmetric Warfare It’s not just for the “Other Guys”

Old 07-17-2012, 11:05 PM
Dragon

ishmael is on a distinguished road

In the Falkland war Argentina was worried about Chile attacking, why I still do not understand. UK can no longer do what it did then, the end of empires who hated jews comes either slow or fast, but it comes. The mighty Egyptians, Greeks, Babylonians, Romans, the Spanish, The Nazis, and now we see the UK. Just like Nassar, Saddam Hussian Arafat the pig and soon well see an end to Amadenejad, and all those criminals in the Mid east.

There is no denying the British hated the Jewish nation for a number of reasons. GD never forgets! We may die and never see the punishment upon the wicked but it will happen!
Old 07-18-2012, 12:30 AM
Dragon
Photobucket

Paparock is on a distinguished road
Arrow My 2 cents

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishmael View Post
In the Falkland war Argentina was worried about Chile attacking, why I still do not understand. UK can no longer do what it did then, the end of empires who hated jews comes either slow or fast, but it comes. The mighty Egyptians, Greeks, Babylonians, Romans, the Spanish, The Nazis, and now we see the UK. Just like Nassar, Saddam Hussian Arafat the pig and soon well see an end to Amadenejad, and all those criminals in the Mid east.

There is no denying the British hated the Jewish nation for a number of reasons. GD never forgets! We may die and never see the punishment upon the wicked but it will happen!
It is my humble opinion that the reason Great Brittan finds itself in the state it is today is due to the actions it took against the Jews leading up to the establishment of the state of Israel. I dare say American is bordering upon a similar fate if it continues the actions of the Obama administration.

Genesis 12:3
New American Standard Bible (NASB)

3 And I will bless those who bless you,
And the one who curses you I will curse.
And in you all the families of the earth will be blessed.”
The LORD lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace.

Asymmetric Warfare It’s not just for the “Other Guys”

Old 07-18-2012, 05:56 AM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

NR,

I will agree to disagree with you, I have read that passage you cite and other similar ones many times (I had a English Literature, Pol. Sc. and History major in Uni ) and it is my personal opinion that the potrayal of Jews was overwhelmingly negative and occassional passages which may cast them in a more normal light were not there to elicit sympathy but disdain. I had that as an essay question for a paper actually IIRC and that was my opinion then also, it has not changed.

Old 07-18-2012, 06:08 AM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

Quote:
Weren't the islands owned by Spain before Britain?
Yes, and I said Europeans if you read my post

Quote:
The only reason I lean in Argentina's favor slightly is due to what the British have said/done in the past with regards to Israel and anti semitism in general.
I can see where you are coming from wrt Britain, but that is a strange position considering what Argentina's past.

Quote:
I also find it strange that a little island nation still has territories all over the planet thousands of miles away from it's own borders. The British like hanging on to their history, including their colonial past.
Speaking as a resident of the British colony of Auckland of course

Those territories were not acquired by weasle words and diplomacy alone my man, British blood was shed for them, and at this point of time btw Britain doesn't hold any territories where the majority of people don't want them to stay.

But yeah, I'd say this from a point of admiration, I ALSO find it strange just like you that a little island nation still has territories all over the planet thousands of miles away from it's own borders Its something to be proud of

Quote:
I don't. It doesn't fit it in with Israeli capabilities and requirement. Nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Old 07-18-2012, 06:13 AM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

Quote:
Falklands is not a colony, it has never been independent, its not some sort of an independent nation that was conquered!

Quote:
I have yet to even understand why British people pay taxes so a queen who has no power can live in luxury
None of your business I don't understand why Americans elected Barry O to power, so there you have it.

Israel Forum
Closed Thread