Israel Military Forum

Welcome to the Israel Military Forum. You are currently viewing our Israel Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, Image Forum and access our other features. By joining our Israel Military Forum you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so
Join Our Israel Community Today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Go Back   Israel Military Forum > Israel National security > Self Defense
Register FAQ Pictures Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Self Defense Martial arts, defending yourself, krav maga, firearms, weapons, survival, etc.

Old 02-07-2014, 01:03 AM
Dragon

Archangel is on a distinguished road
Default Israeli FAL Question

Hey, I managed to score an FAL. It is a mutt of an FAL. An inch pattern receiver built with an IMBEL parts kit. Since it's actually an inch receiver cut to accept a metric charging handle assembly, that means I have options.

So I have embarked on building in what is my mind the "perfect" FAL. All I need now is a Israeli bolt carrier which I have lined up for purchase. So far so good. However I've hit a snag.

After scoring an Israeli charging handle assembly, I tried to remove the knob only to break my punch. It needs to be removed for maintenance. Some genius put sticky cosmoline in there and it jams the knob's action on the forward assist function. Not to mention I have acquired a nice polymer copy of the knob which will feel nicer on a cold day to use.

So how do I remove the knob?