Israel Military Forum

Welcome to the Israel Military Forum. You are currently viewing our Israel Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, Image Forum and access our other features. By joining our Israel Military Forum you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so
Join Our Israel Community Today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Go Back   Israel Military Forum > Israel National security > Army Related Forum
Register FAQ Pictures Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Army Related Forum Topics about the Israeli armed forces, special forces, tanks, apc's, guns etc + world armies.

Old 07-20-2008, 06:50 PM

Ariadne is on a distinguished road
Default YouTube propaganda: Israeli help needed

I watched this video, one of 40 on the same "topic" - a demonstration in Ni'lin against the security fence. Or that's the pretext.

I assume that tear gas is being fired and that the Arabs use Molotov cocktails. I don't however understand a word.

The video begins with a Pallywood crowd as far as I can see and I spotted two figures with cameras moving into the range of the video camera.

Can anyone explain what is actually going on? Other than Pallywood and a waste of IDF resources.

Last edited by Ariadne; 07-20-2008 at 06:53 PM..
Old 07-20-2008, 08:57 PM

This one is claimed to be the IDF using Arab "children" as "human shields".

Old 07-20-2008, 11:49 PM
Dragon

joejd12 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
I watched this video, one of 40 on the same "topic" - a demonstration in Ni'lin against the security fence. Or that's the pretext.

I assume that tear gas is being fired and that the Arabs use Molotov cocktails. I don't however understand a word.

The video begins with a Pallywood crowd as far as I can see and I spotted two figures with cameras moving into the range of the video camera.

Can anyone explain what is actually going on? Other than Pallywood and a waste of IDF resources.

in this one the soldiers simply repeatedly yell at them to move back (for obvious reasons they dont want the palestinians to get too close and mix in with them) and the palestinians repeat things like go to hell, i dont have to listen to you etc.

if this is an example of violence on our part then weve gotten way too soft....
Old 07-21-2008, 09:10 AM
Zatoichi
PhotobucketPhotobucket

rafi is on a distinguished road

There is no benefit in pretending that no Israeli soldier ever gets angry or ever does anything wrong. Humans are human. And sometimes make mistakes. The difference is in how it is handled.

In Israel, a moral country, a soldier will stand trial for firing a rubber bullet at the toe of a prisoner. Contrast this with a country giving a murderer of a four year old child a parade, declaring him a hero of the nation and seeeing politicians fight to be photographed with him.

Soldier who shot Palestinian arrested
Jul. 20, 2008
YAAKOV KATZ and Jpost.com staff , THE JERUSALEM POST

The IDF on Monday arrested a soldier who was caught on camera two weeks ago shooting a rubber bullet at a blindfolded and handcuffed Palestinian in the West Bank. A high-ranking officer, who was present at the scene is to be interrogated in the matter later Monday.
The incident took place on July 7 near Nil'in, northwest of Modi'in Illit. In recent weeks Nil'in has been the scene of near daily violent demonstrations against the construction of the West Bank security fence.
On the videotape, which the military said was reviewed by Judge Advocate-General Brig.-Gen. Avichai Mandelblit, a Palestinian demonstrator - Ashraf Abu Rahma - is seen handcuffed and blindfolded and being led to a jeep by the officer. The video clip shows a soldier aim his weapon at the demonstrator's legs from about 1.5 meters away and then fire a rubber bullet at him.
Abu Rahma said the bullet hit his left toe and that he received treatment from an army medic and was then released by the soldiers.
A lieutenant-colonel is seen holding Abu Rahma's arm when the shot is fired.
"I closed my eyes and I don't remember anything," Abu Rahma told Channel 2 Sunday night. "It felt like my leg was gone."
A 14-year-old Palestinian girl filmed the incident from her house in Nil'in, and B'Tselem received it on Sunday morning and immediately forwarded a copy to the Military Police Investigation Unit, with a demand that an immediate investigation be opened.
The IDF Spokesman's Office released a statement calling the incident "grave" and in "direct contradiction of IDF values and principles."
"Military law forbid inflicting harm on detainees and obligate soldiers to show them respect and ensure their safety. Incidents when detainees are harmed are, in accordance with IDF policy, forwarded to the Military Police for investigation. As in this case, after reviewing the videotape, JAG Brig.-Gen. Avichai Mandelblit ordered the opening of a probe into the incident. "It should be mentioned that Abu Rahma was inspected at the scene by an IDF doctor and was found to have sustained a light injury to his right toe. The Palestinian was released to his home without requiring medical treatment," the statement continued.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:41 AM
Dragon

janetnjohn is on a distinguished road

what's appaling is how the media pander to the palestinians,hardly any condemnation of the lebanese child killer and yet the media fake horror at the IDF soldier "shooting" the palestinian,as I recall there was no mention on the news report that this guy was shoot in the foot or that he was shot with a rubber bullet! but they very quickly passed on to the next report as if they didn't want anyone looking to closely at the footage. but the that's the BBc for you,so pro arab it's shameful.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafi View Post
There is no benefit in pretending that no Israeli soldier ever gets angry or ever does anything wrong. Humans are human. And sometimes make mistakes. The difference is in how it is handled.

In Israel, a moral country, a soldier will stand trial for firing a rubber bullet at the toe of a prisoner. Contrast this with a country giving a murderer of a four year old child a parade, declaring him a hero of the nation and seeeing politicians fight to be photographed with him.

Soldier who shot Palestinian arrested
Jul. 20, 2008
YAAKOV KATZ and Jpost.com staff , THE JERUSALEM POST

The IDF on Monday arrested a soldier who was caught on camera two weeks ago shooting a rubber bullet at a blindfolded and handcuffed Palestinian in the West Bank. A high-ranking officer, who was present at the scene is to be interrogated in the matter later Monday.
The incident took place on July 7 near Nil'in, northwest of Modi'in Illit. In recent weeks Nil'in has been the scene of near daily violent demonstrations against the construction of the West Bank security fence.
On the videotape, which the military said was reviewed by Judge Advocate-General Brig.-Gen. Avichai Mandelblit, a Palestinian demonstrator - Ashraf Abu Rahma - is seen handcuffed and blindfolded and being led to a jeep by the officer. The video clip shows a soldier aim his weapon at the demonstrator's legs from about 1.5 meters away and then fire a rubber bullet at him.
Abu Rahma said the bullet hit his left toe and that he received treatment from an army medic and was then released by the soldiers.
A lieutenant-colonel is seen holding Abu Rahma's arm when the shot is fired.
"I closed my eyes and I don't remember anything," Abu Rahma told Channel 2 Sunday night. "It felt like my leg was gone."
A 14-year-old Palestinian girl filmed the incident from her house in Nil'in, and B'Tselem received it on Sunday morning and immediately forwarded a copy to the Military Police Investigation Unit, with a demand that an immediate investigation be opened.
The IDF Spokesman's Office released a statement calling the incident "grave" and in "direct contradiction of IDF values and principles."
"Military law forbid inflicting harm on detainees and obligate soldiers to show them respect and ensure their safety. Incidents when detainees are harmed are, in accordance with IDF policy, forwarded to the Military Police for investigation. As in this case, after reviewing the videotape, JAG Brig.-Gen. Avichai Mandelblit ordered the opening of a probe into the incident. "It should be mentioned that Abu Rahma was inspected at the scene by an IDF doctor and was found to have sustained a light injury to his right toe. The Palestinian was released to his home without requiring medical treatment," the statement continued.
I've seen three versions of that video and in one only the prisoner is shown jumping with his legs evenly apart as the shot is fired. There was a slightly similar incident in the Jenin myth in which the ghastly Orla Guerin was said to have been shot. She was struck by shrapnel and to her credit - must be her only credit - admitted that she had not been shot.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejd12 View Post
in this one the soldiers simply repeatedly yell at them to move back (for obvious reasons they dont want the palestinians to get too close and mix in with them) and the palestinians repeat things like go to hell, i dont have to listen to you etc.

if this is an example of violence on our part then weve gotten way too soft....
Thank you for that. It just looks like much ado about nothing. I remember the British army being much more heavy in Northern Ireland.

The second video seems very unconvincing - as anything.

Last edited by Ariadne; 07-21-2008 at 11:22 AM.. Reason: Punctuation!
Old 07-22-2008, 11:24 AM
Gold Member

shelory is on a distinguished road

Well what you see here in the first video is a group of Israeli leftists protesting agents the wall being built around the west bank. They go down to the surrounding Arab villages and get them to come with them so that they can tape Israeli soldiers hitting pore Palestinians.

The annoying part of all this is that most of the leftist Israeli protestors are from tel aviv where they never see war nor Arabs up close they are all Cozy and safe because of the people risking there lives so they can feal all safe, so they don’t know that the game they are playing at is just endangering other people, they think that the people they are fighting to protect are just as civilized and nice as they are and that stopping the construction of a wall will get peace. I think the Israeli solders should just arrest these people for going into a closed military zone and refusing to leave thus endangering Israeli soldiers and the workers.
Old 07-22-2008, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelory View Post
Well what you see here in the first video is a group of Israeli leftists protesting agents the wall being built around the west bank. They go down to the surrounding Arab villages and get them to come with them so that they can tape Israeli soldiers hitting pore Palestinians.

The annoying part of all this is that most of the leftist Israeli protestors are from tel aviv where they never see war nor Arabs up close they are all Cozy and safe because of the people risking there lives so they can feal all safe, so they donít know that the game they are playing at is just endangering other people, they think that the people they are fighting to protect are just as civilized and nice as they are and that stopping the construction of a wall will get peace. I think the Israeli solders should just arrest these people for going into a closed military zone and refusing to leave thus endangering Israeli soldiers and the workers.
Thank you for that. There is always so much more knowledge on the inside. I never knew that about Tel Aviv though it is usually presented as hedonistic.

The toing and froing of e.g. ISM members with faked IDs and the jihadis en route from Jordan etc always seem to me a great danger and I wish Israel would stop all of that too. Though on reflection I doubt that any country has more faked IDs than mine as all terrorism trials are showing.

But surely the people from Tel Aviv must serve in the IDF and develop some sense of reality from that?
Old 07-22-2008, 08:29 PM
Dragon

Quote:
Thank you for that. There is always so much more knowledge on the inside. I never knew that about Tel Aviv though it is usually presented as hedonistic.

The toing and froing of e.g. ISM members with faked IDs and the jihadis en route from Jordan etc always seem to me a great danger and I wish Israel would stop all of that too. Though on reflection I doubt that any country has more faked IDs than mine as all terrorism trials are showing.

But surely the people from Tel Aviv must serve in the IDF and develop some sense of reality from that?
people from tel-aviv and some northern settlements are considered soft, snobby and "enlightened" in the worst way there is....

most of the people who consider themselves "pue of soul" (of "yafey nefesh"), meaning they belong to the left and believe that if we only gave in to everything the arabs wanted and stopped bombing their military sites and stop the assasinations of their leaders, everything would be all good and jolly and we could live in peace.

this area where many people who think that way are concentrated is often called the bubble (habooha)....

theres even a common saying that the moment tel-aviv is under attack the israeli government will choose to nuke the attacker....
Old 07-22-2008, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejd12 View Post
people from tel-aviv and some northern settlements are considered soft, snobby and "enlightened" in the worst way there is....

most of the people who consider themselves "pue of soul" (of "yafey nefesh"), meaning they belong to the left and believe that if we only gave in to everything the arabs wanted and stopped bombing their military sites and stop the assasinations of their leaders, everything would be all good and jolly and we could live in peace.

this area where many people who think that way are concentrated is often called the bubble (habooha)....

theres even a common saying that the moment tel-aviv is under attack the israeli government will choose to nuke the attacker....
I'm beginning to understand why it used to be said that living in Israel was like living in an opera...

Not a good thing over the last few years. But it's universal outside of the Arab fantasia. For example: if we love jihadis they won't bomb us again...

All of history teaches us otherwise.
Old 07-23-2008, 04:58 AM
Dragon

Quote:
I'm beginning to understand why it used to be said that living in Israel was like living in an opera...

Not a good thing over the last few years. But it's universal outside of the Arab fantasia. For example: if we love jihadis they won't bomb us again...

All of history teaches us otherwise.

yep.... another thing i forgot to mention is that you wont find a whole lot of people who believe that crap in places like sderot, where they have been under fire by palestinian rockets for 7 years now.... though the israeli government tries to greatly exaggerate it...

its really quite disgusting... 1 day after the terrorist ran over 29 people and wounded them, one to the point where his leg was decapitated, the israeli media has completely ignored it to "more important" issues like what obama is saying in his speeches or what tzipi livni said....

revisit some of the links i previously posted and youll be hard pressed to find any mention of it...

can you imagine what the press coverage for an event liek this would have been like anywhere else in the world? the US media, for example, would have obsessed (and rightfully so) over this for weeks, discussing the causes, evidence, motive, and how to prevent future events. all the israeli media has been doing is trying to make it look like the palestinians who have carried out these attacks are "lone operatives" who are not assosciated with any organization and therefore cannot be stopped and no one else can be blamed for their acts, all in an effort to shift the focus away from the way the muslim population has been our enemy for the past centuries and is continuing that tradition faithfully to this day...

now there are reports that arab villages in and around jerusalem are stocking up on weapons, just a little while ago they found a huge stock of weapons in a house on the outskirts of jerusalem that even had some LAW anti-tank weapons...

EDIT: oops, i meant the links i posted on this thread: http://www.israelmilitary.net/showthread.php?t=7088

Last edited by joejd12; 07-23-2008 at 05:13 AM..
Israel Forum