Israel Military Forum

Welcome to the Israel Military Forum. You are currently viewing our Israel Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, Image Forum and access our other features. By joining our Israel Military Forum you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so
Join Our Israel Community Today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Go Back   Israel Military Forum > Israel National security > Army Related Forum
Register FAQ Pictures Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Army Related Forum Topics about the Israeli armed forces, special forces, tanks, apc's, guns etc + world armies.

Old 06-25-2008, 09:36 PM

Asmir is on a distinguished road
Default Weapons in IDF

I know about Tavor, UZI, M series etc.

I'm have a trouble finding some info about HK series there. Does IDF use MP7, G3 and similar guns. Maybe AK series like in the past?
Old 06-26-2008, 08:52 AM
Dragon

HideNSeek is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmir View Post
I know about Tavor, UZI, M series etc.

I'm have a trouble finding some info about HK series there. Does IDF use MP7, G3 and similar guns. Maybe AK series like in the past?
The Galil was obviously used (apparently some tankers still have the micro version, or so I've heard, but who knows), certain special units might have used some other weapons not normally used in regular units, but that's not really official.

As far as I know HK's were never really purchased by Israel, not even the MP5 in the old days. On a different note, HK has a penchant for making a lot of their stuff needlessly proprietary (special tools for their guns etc).

Last edited by HideNSeek; 06-26-2008 at 09:00 AM..
Old 12-26-2008, 08:49 AM

kangaroo303 is on a distinguished road

The Israeli Army is trying to transition everyone to the Tavor and its variants. Over the years, the Galil has been used for main troops, as well as in tanks (using its smaller variant). Now, it is mainly used by the police, and as a training tool, or even in some tank units.

The Uzi is now only used as a training tool, and as a weapon for police, and security guards.

The Tavor was given to the Golani brigade, but will be incorporated to the tanks, and all other brigades some time in 2009 (they keep pushing the date back).

Currently, the M16 and the M4 are standard issue. The weapons are not unlike the weapons used in the United States, as they were from the USA.

Repeat, standard combat units are currently issued either the M16, or M4, both by Colt, Unless that is your one of the luckies who gets the tavor ;-)

Last edited by kangaroo303; 12-26-2008 at 09:16 AM..
Old 01-01-2009, 05:20 AM

barak is on a distinguished road

M16- the #1weapon used by the idf because they get them for abouy a dollar a peace from the US, their the vietnam era fully automatic versions.

Galil- three versions, full sized galil i dont know anyone that is isued this weapon unless hes being punished. Its a heavy sun of a bitch.

Glilon mid sized galil with shorter barrel and folding stock. used by tank units for its rugid designe, m16 will break due to all the plastic they have on the.

Micro galil , used by specal police units for close quarters fighting.

Uzis- are issued to alot of noncombatant units like the MP's in israel
Micro uzis are used for cqb with israeli swat and other specialized units.

Hand guns- include all 3 varients of the jerico( baby desert eagle).

Special forces units get whatever they want.
Israel Forum