Israel Military Forum

Welcome to the Israel Military Forum. You are currently viewing our Israel Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, Image Forum and access our other features. By joining our Israel Military Forum you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so
Join Our Israel Community Today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Go Back   Israel Military Forum > Israel National security > Physical Fitness
Register FAQ Pictures Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Physical Fitness your guide to physical fitness, training methods

Old 04-07-2009, 07:32 AM

Snowleopard is on a distinguished road

Just an active lifestyle: scuba, shooting, running, biking, weights. Ballet and belly dancing when I get a chance.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:15 PM
Gold Member

GB_FXST is on a distinguished road

Absolutely: running, weights, and core-body exercises (pull-ups, dips, push-ups) are all part of a weekly routine.
Old 05-21-2009, 05:58 AM

LoneRider is on a distinguished road

I PT six days a week, sometimes seven. Running, swimming (when I'm back stateside), weight and strength training, combatives...I do it all.

About Me
Old 05-27-2009, 01:14 PM

sharps_74 is on a distinguished road

I hike with my gear (Rifle, pistol & a loaded pack). And I spend a lot of time on horseback. Riding a horse may not sound like a workout. However, if you go spend 3-4 hours on a horse, you'll know different. That being added to moving hay, sweetfeed & trimming hooves. Man what a workout!!!!
Old 06-09-2009, 11:24 PM

dannytoro is on a distinguished road

....I'm disabled now, so such strenuous work out are no good now. Back in the day I lifted weights on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, and rode 17 miles a day on Monday,Wednesday and Friday. I also swam every chance I could. But nothing was better then finding a better fighter then myself and practicing that way. Being 6'3" and 270lbs didn't make that easy though...
Old 11-11-2009, 03:47 AM
Dragon

David of Galilee is on a distinguished road

I do 30 minutes on an exercise bike every evening, during which time I do upper body work with 6-Kilo hand weights. 7 kilometers at an "uphill" pedal tension setting. Also brisk walking, usually for 2-hours, several times a week. I am in my mid-50s, with lots of problems (esp. life-long sciatica), but this moderate set of activities, combined with mostly natural foods, low carb, and lots of clean water have definately increased both strength and endurance.

My object is 1) cardio-vascular health, and 2) flexibility. Most blood pressure readings are now around 120/67. I happen to be a vegetarian, but I really don't think eating clean (hormone free) meat is a problem. Main thing is, keep moving, and stay away from factory preprepared foods.
Old 11-11-2009, 04:00 AM
Dragon

David of Galilee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharps_74 View Post
I hike with my gear (Rifle, pistol & a loaded pack). And I spend a lot of time on horseback. Riding a horse may not sound like a workout. However, if you go spend 3-4 hours on a horse, you'll know different. That being added to moving hay, sweetfeed & trimming hooves. Man what a workout!!!!
If you've got a lot of animals, moving that hay around can be a lot of work. My wife used to have almost 1000 head of shami goats, and the hay barn was stacked three stories high. Yea, and moving wheel barrows full of feed from silos through all those long barns was no small matter. I noticed that a lot of macho dudes who couldn't handle the full wheel barrows.

The American president Thomas Jefferson advocated horse-back riding for keeping up circulation in the elderly. I've only been on two all-day treks, but one was in English saddle. Took a few days to recover, not including the shin-kick by one of the Welsh ponies we were moving.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:14 AM
Gold Member

TwoStrike is on a distinguished road
Default training

Quote:
I do Tae Kwon Do and Kettlebells one compliments the other.
train with every type of weapon you can get your hands on. (Musashi) Tae Kwon Do was created for the unarmed to deal with an opponent who was armed. try to Practice the cuts until you think you can defeat empty hands. Know your weapons until you can strip and reassembe them in the dark.

Keep the sun at your back during the day. Know how to use night vision. Put a blanket under your muzzle so muzzle blast doesn't raise dust.

Learn to find water, and Learn traps and snares and direction finding techniques.

don't neglect the spiritual parts of karate. you must be able to empty your self as well as your hands for any type of combat.

Know everything you can about your enemy, and know that what he fears most he will try to use against you. Devlope a physically felt Chi.

Walking to running to walking (repeat to exhaustion) while carrying a rifle at the ready is best for conditioning. Never use carry handles.

When you drink, be aware of everything around you.
Remember that this is how Moshe picked his troops.

Last edited by TwoStrike; 02-24-2010 at 03:24 AM.. Reason: incomplete submission
Old 04-29-2010, 08:50 PM
Banned

eli is on a distinguished road

I did ninjutsu. Now, I prefer to play chess and I only run in case of fire or missing a train---
Old 04-30-2010, 02:28 AM
Gold Member

Americal is on a distinguished road

We share some of the same problems Paparock. I'm 59 and will be shortly checking in to Virginia Mason Hospital for neurological surgery on my back. Hydrocodone does a fair job with my pain. After surgery it will be three months of therapy. Then....into American Lake Hospital up by McChord and Ft. Lewis for my Agent O. check up. Life is still good.

Americal.
Old 05-30-2010, 11:34 PM

lobofrisco is on a distinguished road
Default Be Aware of What Is Going On Around You

At all times. Always be aware and alert!
Old 10-14-2011, 11:24 AM

johnhodges is on a distinguished road

Any big sponge that stays soft when it's dry. Small folded towel. Run a rubber band from the end button to the lower corner.
Old 12-19-2012, 05:05 AM

trott600 is on a distinguished road

I think the rest is very necessary to the IMA because the duty is very strict that,s why sleeping is very important role to the duty and that,s why its always should every member sleep to the 5 to 6 hours and then the duty is very careful and powerful.
Old 12-19-2012, 05:41 AM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

Knaur is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by trott600 View Post
I think the rest is very necessary to the IMA because the duty is very strict that,s why sleeping is very important role to the duty and that,s why its always should every member sleep to the 5 to 6 hours and then the duty is very careful and powerful.
Its true but thats all you say mate, seriously, post a joke or a song or something aye.
It is absolutely true in war, were other things equal, that numbers, whether men, shells, bombs, etc, would be supreme. Yet it is also absolutely true that other things are never equal and can never be equal - Maj.Gen. J. F. C. Fuller

At that time, I will search out and destroy all of the nations who have come against Jerusalem - Zechariah 12:9
Israel Forum