Israel Military Forum

Welcome to the Israel Military Forum. You are currently viewing our Israel Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, Image Forum and access our other features. By joining our Israel Military Forum you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so
Join Our Israel Community Today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Go Back   Israel Military Forum > Israel National security > Global Military > South America
Register FAQ Pictures Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

South America Military news from South & Central America.

Old 07-28-2009, 04:41 PM

halcon milenario is on a distinguished road

The Colombian Air force received yesterday three K-fir from I.A.I. It will receive four more on the next October.

Greetings!
Old 08-08-2009, 12:26 AM

Hi

Today was the celebration of the 190 years of the Colombian Army!

On 1819 was the Boyaca Bridge battle against the Spanish kingdom's army.
Old 08-08-2009, 01:16 AM
Zatoichi
PhotobucketPhotobucket

New Ron is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by halcon milenario View Post
Hi

Today was the celebration of the 190 years of the Colombian Army!

On 1819 was the Boyaca Bridge battle against the Spanish kingdom's army.
Excellent, Long Live the Colombian Army!

"If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence.. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel."
~ Golda Meir~

Old 08-08-2009, 12:54 PM

Thanks a lot for your wishes!!

some pics of the ceremony:

Greetings!
Old 08-08-2009, 03:02 PM

The Hercules in the FAC (Colombian Air Force):

FAC1001, C-130B in Cordoba (Argentina)

FAC1004, C-130H-30 in Tame (Arauca)

FAC1005, C-130H-30 in Eldorado (Bogota)

FAC1008, C-130B in Tame (Arauca)

FAC1010, C-130B in Eldorado (Bogota)

FAC1014, C-130B in Rionegro (Antioquia)

FAC1015, C-130H in Rionegro (Antioquia)

FAC1011, C-130B like a museum sample in Bogota

Saludos!
Old 08-23-2009, 12:50 PM

Some planes of the Colombian Army

An-32A

Casa C212-100

Turbo Commander

Beechcraft 200 de Elint

Beechcraft C-90 de Medevac

Cessna C208

Greetings!
Old 09-08-2009, 12:31 AM

Kfir C10 in Ben gurion airport. This pic was taken the last week.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:33 PM

Army´s UH-60L Black Hawk

Army's Mi-17MD

Old 11-16-2009, 02:18 PM

Very interesting video of the Colombian Air Force Black Hawk. It is for a calendary. Very good since 3:40 minutes.

[video]
Old 08-28-2010, 05:50 PM

New FAC's Boeing 767 MMTT in Ben Gurion
Old 08-29-2010, 04:53 AM
Dragon

air-on is on a distinguished road

Halcon Milenario, your pride for your country shows. I was born in Brazil, now live in Israel, and have always loved Colombia - the people, the nature, the people's nature.
I see Colombia as a country heading on the right direction, despite all the hurdles in the way by farc and narco-traffickers - the scum of the earth.
Keep posting, hombre! :)
Old 08-29-2010, 01:33 PM
Gold Member

blueblood is on a distinguished road

Halcon Milenario, welcome to the forum.

I have seen your JUNGLAS operating, in a TV show and I admit, I have never expected Latin American troops to be this good. But that was the past, your troops are very good, so keep up the good work.

Old 09-03-2010, 06:28 PM

USAunitedwithIsrael is on a distinguished road

Is that a commercial liner with a missle on it?"
Old 09-05-2010, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Halcon Milenario, your pride for your country shows. I was born in Brazil, now live in Israel, and have always loved Colombia - the people, the nature, the people's nature.
I see Colombia as a country heading on the right direction, despite all the hurdles in the way by farc and narco-traffickers - the scum of the earth.
Keep posting, hombre! :)
Thanks a lot for your words!!

Colombia has many challenges. The country is much better than eight years ago.!!

Quote:
Halcon Milenario, welcome to the forum.

I have seen your JUNGLAS operating, in a TV show and I admit, I have never expected Latin American troops to be this good. But that was the past, your troops are very good, so keep up the good work.
Colombian military branches has created some special units to combat the insurgency and narcotraffickers.

A video

Quote:
Is that a commercial liner with a missle on it?"
No, The green equitment is a system for refuelling in the air.

Some pics:

In this pic 3 mirage and 11 Kfir

The Boeing 707 with two Kfir C10

copyright photos deleted

Greetings
Old 09-06-2010, 02:26 AM
Dragon

SpacemanSpiff is on a distinguished road

Nice photos.

I've always considered the Mirage family to be the most beautiful of modern combat aircraft. (Yeah, looks aren't everything).
Old 09-06-2010, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Israel Aerospace Industries Completed Series of Successful Flight Tests of Colombian Air Force's Boeing 767 Air Refueling Aircraft
Sep 5, 2010
Itzhak Nissan, President and CEO of Israel Aerospace Industries: "We are proud to be working with such a distinguished customer as the Colombian Air Force, and are pleased to have been chosen to take on such critical projects as supplying and upgrading Kfir aircraft and supplying aerial refueling aircraft. These projects reflect IAI's strength and its integrative capabilities."

The Colombian Air Force's Kfir C10 fighter aircraft being refueled by the B767 air refueling tanker A series of successful flight tests aimed at opening the flight envelope have been completed for the pre-owned B767-200ER (Extended Range) aircraft, converted by Bedek Aviation Group of Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI) to a Multi Mission Tanker Transport (MMTT) configuration for the Colombian government and the end user, the Colombian Air Force.
The converted aircraft is equipped with two Wing Air Refueling Pods (WARPs) of the ARP3 model, developed and manufactured by IAI.
During the first 3.5-hour flight test, the full envelope, including altitude, speed, and Mach number, was opened without any flutter or buffet problems. Additional in-flight refueling tests of a C10 Kfir fighter jet, also produced by IAI, were successfully completed.
The MMTT pilot reported an extremely smooth flight with no technical events.
The air refueling system functioned very well, and the first hook-ups and fuel transfers were the most exciting moments of the flight. IAI's test pilot team that flew the aircraft reported that the systems performed flawlessly. The pilot of the Kfir (the aircraft being refueled) appreciated the easy, stable hook-up in each of the two WARPs.
As previously reported, IAI was awarded a multi-year contract in 2007 worth more than $150 million to upgrade the Colombian Air Force's Kfir aircraft. In June of 2009, the first Kfir aircraft were redelivered to the Colombians, and have been in operational activity ever since.
The tanker conversion project, which lasted more than two years, was completed by IAI's technicians, flight test pilots, and engineers, all of whom contributed to the development and integration of the air refueling system into the B767. Their dedication and hard work culminated in the minutes during which the tanker and the Kfir met in the air and performed the hook-up, an "exciting and proud" moment for those involved in the project.
IAI's chief test pilot Ronen Shapira, who flew behind the B767-200ER in a G250 business jet aircraft, also confirmed the smooth flight: "The flights were successful, and the aircraft performed extremely well with the air refueling pods. The aircraft performance and overall stability of the aircraft and the drogues all displayed impressive results."
Eli Hattem, General Manager of IAI's Bedek Aviation Group, commented: "These successful flight tests are an important milestone in this conversion. We are pleased to report that everything is progressing smoothly and look forward to continuing to strengthen our ties with the Colombian government and its Air Force."
In the coming days, the B767-200MMTT will perform additional flights before its redelivery to the Colombian Air Force.

Greetings!
Old 09-06-2010, 01:00 PM
Zatoichi
PhotobucketPhotobucket

johnboy is on a distinguished road

sorry to burst your bubble but if your going to copy and paste you need to give the full credits of the Author, Reporter, Photographer and a valid link to the article
photos that have copyright can not be posted unless you have permission of the owner of the photos
Old 09-06-2010, 02:35 PM

oh, sorry. Ther article: http://www.iai.co.il/32981-41350-en/MediaRoom_News.aspx

The pics were found then: ( forum edited )

I will take note of that for the next time!

(one must be very careful taking photos from another forum and posting on here).... thanks johnboy

Last edited by halcon milenario; 09-06-2010 at 02:38 PM.. Reason: worng link
Old 09-07-2010, 12:57 AM
Dragon

WABA will become famous soon enough

I appreciate this is a Columbian military thread, but why isn't the IAF getting the Israel Aerospace Industries to cobble together 4 - 6 Boeing 767 tankers for the IAF.
I guess as these Columbian 767's are in Israel at this moment, if push come to shove the IAF could 'borrow' these 767's, purely for 'training' purposes of course..
There are plenty of very good Boeing 767's around in civilian airline companies for sale that would make excellent tanker aircraft for the IAF to replace their aging 707's.
Old 09-08-2010, 03:53 AM
Retired

haamimhagolan is on a distinguished road

Another article confirming the Bedek Aviation Group's reports that they have completed testing on a Boeing 767 cargo jet that has been converted to serve as an air refueling tanker for the Colombian air force.
http://www.upi.com/Business_News/Sec...9201283873793/

Testing included successful mid-air refueling of a Kfir C10 fighter.
Israel Forum