Israel Military Forum

Welcome to the Israel Military Forum. You are currently viewing our Israel Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, Image Forum and access our other features. By joining our Israel Military Forum you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so
Join Our Israel Community Today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Go Back   Israel Military Forum > Israel National security > Global Military > Africa
Register FAQ Pictures Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Africa Military News from African countries.

Old 02-14-2013, 11:29 PM
Gold Member

Little Rock is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by scelli View Post
Saw Ernest Hemingway mentioned. Am I the only one here who finds Hemingway highly overrated? I've tried a number of times throughout the years to read and enjoy his work without success.
Shalom.

Vastly over rated. "Ask not for whom the bells toll for they toll for thee who died of boredom whilst trying to plough through my book."

Cheers
Old 02-14-2013, 11:51 PM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

scelli is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Rock View Post
Shalom.

Vastly over rated. "Ask not for whom the bells toll for they toll for thee who died of boredom whilst trying to plough through my book."

Cheers
Only full-length book I actually finished was the posthumously published A Movable Feast...and certainly wouldn't bother reading it again. Found various anthologies of his shorter works just as uninspiring, including the most vaunted stories.

On the other hand: It was really interesting to read what F. Scott Fitzgerald wrote in his memoirs about he and Zelda's relationship with Hemingway.

Old 02-16-2013, 09:20 AM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

Knaur is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by scelli View Post
Saw Ernest Hemingway mentioned. Am I the only one here who finds Hemingway highly overrated? I've tried a number of times throughout the years to read and enjoy his work without success.
I don't find him over-rated, and enjoy his works. However, he isn't one of my faves.
A war generating battles is ‘curse’ not ‘mirth’.

At that time, I will search out and destroy all of the nations who have come against Jerusalem - Zechariah 12:9
Old 04-04-2013, 03:07 PM
Zatoichi
PhotobucketPhotobucket

New Ron is on a distinguished road

This is what I meant by the idiot Malian military fighting their own camps instead of al qaeda. They have been at it for months and even after the French are doing all the hard work and let me remind all its costing France millions of Euros, and the Malians are still bickering like savage tribes. We see the same in Afghanistan and Iraq, the credit to the freedom there is thanks to America and her allies NOT Karzai. same thing in Mali, if it wasnt for the French, al qaeda would still be in charge if not all the way in Bamako!

Mali troops attack Red Beret camp: reports
February 08, 2013 11:20PM

inShare

A GUNFIGHT has erupted in the Malian capital as soldiers attacked a camp of elite paratroopers loyal to ousted president Amadou Toumani Toure, military sources and witnesses say.

"From 6am (1700 AEDT) heavily armed soldiers, from all units, attacked the camp," said Yaya Bouare, one of the "Red Beret" soldiers inside the camp that was attacked.

"There are many injured inside the camp."

The camp includes housing for military families.

"The soldiers arrived in armoured cars and pickup trucks, all of them armed to the teeth to attack our base," said Batoma Dicko, a woman who lives in the military camp.

"The women and children tried to stop them from entering the camp. They shot tear gas at us and started shooting volleys in the air."

Dr Amadou Diallo, who works at the infirmary in the camp, known as Djicoroni Para Camp, said there was at least one dead and five wounded.

Bamako residents living near the barracks confirmed the attack and one of them said the Red Berets had "fired shots in the air" overnight.
Bouare said the attack was linked to a declaration by army chief of defence staff General Tahirou Dembele on television earlier this week, who ordered the paratroopers to the frontline of a French-led war with radical Islamists in the north.

"As we have this problem in the north on our hands, you will go and fight with your brothers in arms", he said, adding he had decided to incorporate the elite soldiers within other units.

But the paratroopers refused to join their new units, or to leave their camp.

The Red Berets formed part of an elite presidential guard protecting Toure, who was ousted in March last year by a group of "Green Berets" - infantry and other units.

The coup came after soldiers from Mali's poor and ramshackle army were humiliated in the north by well-armed Tuareg fighters who launched a rebellion for independence in January.

A month after the presidential ouster, the paratroopers launched a failed counter-coup and fighting between the feuding factions left about 20 people dead.

With Bamako in disarray, the Tuareg and Islamist allies seized the entire north before the extremists chased away the secular Tuareg rebels and installed a brutal form of sharia.

"If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence.. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel."
~ Golda Meir~

Old 04-04-2013, 03:08 PM
Zatoichi
PhotobucketPhotobucket

New Ron is on a distinguished road

Hehe, Knaur sorry for bring back this old thread from the dead also :D

"If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence.. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel."
~ Golda Meir~

Israel Forum