Israel Military Forum

Welcome to the Israel Military Forum. You are currently viewing our Israel Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, Image Forum and access our other features. By joining our Israel Military Forum you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so
Join Our Israel Community Today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Go Back   Israel Military Forum > Israel National security > Global Military > Africa
Register FAQ Pictures Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Africa Military News from African countries.

Old 01-20-2013, 06:03 AM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

Knaur is on a distinguished road

Pretty big tactical victory, lets see how it translates into strategy though -

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...92/?cmpid=rss1
It is absolutely true in war, were other things equal, that numbers, whether men, shells, bombs, etc, would be supreme. Yet it is also absolutely true that other things are never equal and can never be equal - Maj.Gen. J. F. C. Fuller

At that time, I will search out and destroy all of the nations who have come against Jerusalem - Zechariah 12:9
Old 01-21-2013, 02:30 AM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

Default French airstrikes jolt Islamists in Mali

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-202_162-...mists-in-mali/
It is absolutely true in war, were other things equal, that numbers, whether men, shells, bombs, etc, would be supreme. Yet it is also absolutely true that other things are never equal and can never be equal - Maj.Gen. J. F. C. Fuller

At that time, I will search out and destroy all of the nations who have come against Jerusalem - Zechariah 12:9
Old 01-21-2013, 02:31 AM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

Default French troops advance in Mali as Islamists melt away

http://tvnz.co.nz/world-news/french-...t-away-5323101

Old 01-21-2013, 11:35 PM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

Default UK to give counter-terror, intelligence aid to Algeria

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/uk-counter-...155557619.html

Old 01-22-2013, 05:05 PM
Dragon

garpk is on a distinguished road
Default The French intervention in Mali and Israel

The article below is why I am careful on supporting the French even when they are doing the world a favor. They will sell Israel out (as well as anyone else) in a second if it is in their interest...
.large_body p, .large_body span { font-size: 18px; } .small_body p, .small_body span { font-size: 12px; }The French intervention in Mali and Israel

By HERB KEINON
01/19/2013 21:53

Tweet

Analysis: French activity in Mali will likely give Paris another reason to push hard on the Israeli-Palestinian issue.

French soldiers heading to Mali, January 2013. Photo: Reuters
Mali, for most Israelis, is far, far away, and the dramatic events unfolding there do not really have much of an impact on life here – especially in the heat of an election campaign.
With Likud Beytenu throwing mud at Bayit Yehudi, and former foreign minister Tzipi Livni trashing Labor leader Shelly Yacimovich, who has time to follow reports of the bold French intervention in Mali to stem Islamic jihadists from taking over the northern part of that country in western Africa? And yet we should take note, and not only because keeping al-Qaida affiliates from gaining a base anywhere on the globe is in Israel’s interests, as it is in the interest of the rest of the world. We should take note because the French activity there – fighting Muslims in another far-flung corner of the globe – will likely give Paris yet another reason, yet more motivation, to push hard on the Israeli-Palestinian issue.
Related: The French, now facing real threats from Islamic radicals to extract vengeance on their nationals wherever they are because of the Mali operation, will want to prove their bona fides; they will want to show the Islamic world that they have nothing against Muslims. And what better way for Paris to show the Muslim world that it really has nothing against it – that it is only fighting radical Islamic global jihadists – than to champion the Palestinian cause.
Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu would do well to brace for a French-led, full-court press for a resumption of the diplomatic process after the elections. And that will likely lead to placing significant heat on Israel.
Already last week French President François Hollande was quoted by Ma’ariv as saying that a French Middle East peace initiative, aimed at bringing Israel and the Palestinians to the negotiating table, is expected after Tuesday’s elections.
AFP further reported that Hollande said a continued freeze in peace talks could lead to harsh repercussions from Europe.
“If the stagnation we saw in the last four years continues, their [Europe’s] dealings with anything pertaining to settlements will intensify,” he was quoted as saying, suggesting that the EU might ban entry to “extremist settlers.”
“Europe got used to imposing sanctions and knows how it’s done,” he was quoted as saying. “If there is a political desire to impose sanctions on Israeli elements, the mechanisms are already in place.”
Perhaps as a foretaste of what is in store, Paris took the lead Thursday in slamming Israel for issuing tenders to build some 200 new housing units in Efrat and Kiryat Arba, developments it had already blasted in early December, soon after Jerusalem announced plans to build some 3,000 units in the capital and the settlement blocs as part of its response to the Palestinian’s successful upgrade at the UN General Assembly.
Even though Netanyahu is in the thick of an election campaign, he took heed of the voices coming from Paris and called Hollande last week. After praising the French president for his decision to take action in Mali, Netanyahu threw in a thinly veiled jab.
“You took a brave step against extremist Islamic terrorism,” Netanyahu said, according to a readout of the call provided by the Prime Minister’s Office.
“In my meetings with African leaders I learned how much it threatens the future of the continent.
While there are countries for which the threat of terrorism is thousands of kilometers away from the homes of their citizens, we in Israel are familiar with the threat of global terrorism from up close. For us it is only a few hundred meters away from our homes.”
Netanyahu’s message was clear: “You are flying thousands of kilometers from Paris to take commendable military action because you think the terrorism in Mali can be used as a springboard against France and Europe. We are facing those threats a few hundred meters from our home, so don’t push us to take security risks – to withdraw from territory – that could bring Islamic radicals onto our very doorstep.”
Nevertheless, when the Mali adventure is over, Hollande is likely to come under domestic pressure to take a more assertive role vis-à-vis Israel.
The argument will likely follow these lines: “Paris dispatched French forces thousands of kilometers away and put French life on the line to act in an African nation because Hollande said that impacted on French security. So, too, the continuation of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, the continued expansion of settlements, also impacts France’s security.”
According to this argument, the Palestinian- Israeli conflict feeds Islamic radicalism that is upsetting and further destabilizing the Middle East; and a destabilized Middle East threatens the security of France and Europe. As such, Hollande will be under pressure by those saying that just as he took action in Mali to secure French interests, he must do the same – albeit through diplomatic means and with measures which are obviously dramatically different than what he used in Mali – with Israel.
In other words, don’t be surprised if France hands Israel part of its Mali bill. •

http://www.jpost.com/DiplomacyAndPol...aspx?id=300136
Old 01-22-2013, 05:17 PM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

scelli is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by garpk View Post
The article below is why I am careful on supporting the French even when they are doing the world a favor.
Agreed.

In return, the world has done the French a number of favors throughout the last 150 years or so that have allowed their continued existence. I for one say it was about time they got off their pompous asses and returned the favor.

Old 01-22-2013, 11:51 PM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

Quote:
Originally Posted by scelli View Post

In return, the world has done the French a number of favors throughout the last 150 years or so that have allowed their continued existence. I for one say it was about time they got off their pompous asses and returned the favor.
Agreed.

And that's exactly why am fully supporting them now, they are finally getting their act together and I hope they have the impetus to carry it through.

Old 01-22-2013, 11:55 PM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

Quote:
The argument will likely follow these lines: “Paris dispatched French forces thousands of kilometers away and put French life on the line to act in an African nation because Hollande said that impacted on French security. So, too, the continuation of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, the continued expansion of settlements, also impacts France’s security.”

http://www.jpost.com/DiplomacyAndPol...aspx?id=300136
I find this is a ridiculous hypothesis and hopefully the French will too. There is no way Israeli settlement impacts French security as they are neither impacting the regions where France dervies Uranium from, nor training Jihadis that attack French interests. If anything, Palestinian Jihadis adversely impact French and world security.

This is not an article btw, its an opinion piece, not that there's anything wrong with it.

Old 01-23-2013, 04:37 AM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

Local Al-Qaeda Affiliates In Western Sahara Shift To Global Jihad Agenda

http://www.rferl.org/content/mali-sa.../24877967.html

Old 01-24-2013, 04:52 PM
Dragon

garpk is on a distinguished road
Default logic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knaur View Post
I find this is a ridiculous hypothesis and hopefully the French will too. There is no way Israeli settlement impacts French security as they are neither impacting the regions where France dervies Uranium from, nor training Jihadis that attack French interests. If anything, Palestinian Jihadis adversely impact French and world security.

This is not an article btw, its an opinion piece, not that there's anything wrong with it.
There is no logical connection but the press and European elitist will accept it anyway....
Old 01-25-2013, 01:51 AM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

Quote:
There is no logical connection but the press and European elitist will accept it anyway....
The media and liberal leftys are unfortunately anti-Semitists hiding behind the guise of fuzzy logic, I agree.

Old 01-25-2013, 02:44 AM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

The Islamist factions have been split and isolated from one another, so step 2 is going well, let's see how it progresses.

http://www.voanews.com/content/afric...e/1589179.html

Old 01-25-2013, 11:27 AM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

Default West African Forces Join French in Mali, Rebel Group Splits

http://www.voanews.com/content/west-...s/1590506.html

Old 01-25-2013, 09:54 PM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

9e BIMa is in overall theatre command, that's the Bde HQ, FFL's 2e REP, this ll be the Bn Battlegroup. Third Battlegroup will be tactical reserves.

10 Gazelle, 4 Cougar, 2 Mirage F1CR deployed, Mali.

Last edited by Knaur; 01-25-2013 at 09:57 PM..
Old 01-25-2013, 10:00 PM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

Div. HQ is in Senegal, ATL2 (SIGINT, Airstrike) is here as well.

From Chad, 6 Mirage 2000, 4 Rafale, 5 KC 135.

2 UAV's operating off Niger.

Old 01-25-2013, 10:02 PM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

Howitzer batteries and 2 Bn Battlegroup is on the way, one squadron of Armoured also, half a dozen transporter birds from foreign militaries are lending support as well.

Old 01-25-2013, 10:06 PM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

Isayaret, look me up something on the rebel forces composition from your fancy French language African websites man its the weekend.

Old 01-26-2013, 01:55 AM
Zatoichi
PhotobucketPhotobucket

New Ron is on a distinguished road

I'll stand behind this ally, of whom they have some of the world finest troops, but I will not forget that the very same leftist politicians in charge today were the same ones who called America the Policeman of the world in less than a complimentary way, yet now and for a while France has actively taken over this title!

Not to mention that ALL these months the West African nations were offering to send troops to fight off these Islamists but MALI ITSELF refused, invoking that the other Africans were trying to take over command of the Malian lead, now Mali asks the white folk former colonialists once again to save their "butt" to put it bluntly. The very SAME Malians who were heard before asking France to get involved in African affairs and JUST LIKE SAUDI ARABIA and other muslims nations they will ask America and others to save them from other MUSLIMS who are no doubt a threat to us all!

What was the Malian military doing all these months that the Touareg rebels, Islamists and AL Qaeda were invading and taking over the North of Mali, installing sharia law and breaking national monuments? The Malian military was busy doing a COUP against their President and killing other Malians soldiers.

To tell you the truth I support this mission but with very little enthusiasm, once again shedding western blood and money for muslims who breed hate and then suffer from this hate.

US, UK, Denmark Norway are all loyal nations, part of NATO and they are doing what they must to support and ally and I wish them godspeed and victory over al qaeda savages, if it wasnt for the French, Northern Mali would still be under al qaeda rule so for once I hope the Malians and Africans in general STOP blaming colonialism when once again it is saving their behinds! Yet I see Malian commanders pumping chests as if it is their victory, the French let them because if they claim too much credit idiots in France itself and elsewhere will accuse France of imperialism, that infact many already are doing.

My 2 cents if you ask me.

"If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence.. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel."
~ Golda Meir~

Old 01-26-2013, 06:37 AM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

We are not doing it for Moslems man, there are many non-Moslems like Isayaret in Africa, also we are doing it because its against us Al Queda will launch missions from this base pad. Glad you support the mission though.

Old 01-26-2013, 12:58 PM
Zatoichi
PhotobucketPhotobucket

New Ron is on a distinguished road

I wish it was only that. I really wish.

"If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence.. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel."
~ Golda Meir~

Israel Forum