Israel Military Forum

Welcome to the Israel Military Forum. You are currently viewing our Israel Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, Image Forum and access our other features. By joining our Israel Military Forum you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so
Join Our Israel Community Today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Go Back   Israel Military Forum > Israel National security > Historical Israel-Arab wars
Register FAQ Pictures Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Historical Israel-Arab wars Discuss the strategies and the situation of the historical Israeli-Arab wars from 1948-1982 and it's implications on Israel.

Old 10-08-2013, 03:47 PM
Dragon

David of Galilee is on a distinguished road
Default The UNRWA Dilemma: Palestinian "Refugees"

Great succinct account of huge and expensive hoax that has been going on for over half a century!

The UNRWA Dilemma
by Timon Dias - Gatestone Institute - September 17, 2013 at 5:00 am
If the entire Palestinian Authority leadership lives off an international
welfare check that arrives only because the conflict still exists, there isn't
much incentive for ending the conflict.
The Palestinian people, according to a recent study by the
Jerusalem Institute of Justice, have received per capita, adjusted for
inflation, 25 times more aid than did Europeans to rebuild war-torn Western
Europe under the Marshall plan after the Second World War.

Most of these funds, according to the study, reached the Palestinian people
through The United Nations Relief and Work Agency for Palestine Refugees in
the Near East (UNRWA).

UNRWA is the only UN refugee agency dedicated to a single group of people,
and the only agency that designates individuals as original refugees if they
have lived in areas effected by the 1948 Arab-Israeli war, for a minimum of
only two years, before being displaced. UNRWA is also the only UN agency
that designates the descendants of the original refugees as refugees as well
– even though 90% of UNRWA-designated refugees have never actually
been displaced. [Continued]
Full article HERE

Gatestone Insitute : International Policy Council
Old 11-19-2013, 05:46 PM
Dragon

garpk is on a distinguished road

The UN is constantly changing the definition of "refugees" to make sure the "Palestinian" Arabs qualify as refugees...

It is one big scam....

I always like pointing out that there is no P sound in the Arabic language to prove the word Palestine or Palestinian is a European invention... It drives liberals and Arabs crazy when they realize it is true...
Old 11-19-2013, 09:14 PM
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by garpk View Post
The UN is constantly changing the definition of "refugees" to make sure the "Palestinian" Arabs qualify as refugees...

It is one big scam....

I always like pointing out that there is no P sound in the Arabic language to prove the word Palestine or Palestinian is a European invention... It drives liberals and Arabs crazy when they realize it is true...
The people who called themselves southern Syrians at one time, now call themselves al-Filasṭīniyyūn of Falasṭīn.

The Torah contains the first reference to the Myceneaen sea peoples who settled the area called today Gaza. In Hebrew, called Peleset, or sometimes Pleshet. The very name means invader in Hebrew.

So, the Romans and Greeks did not invent the word: it came from Torah!

Today, many Arab historians admit that Falastin is not an Arabic word, but they claim that after living in the area they have a right to it regardless of adopting a non-Arabic name. Then they have the devil of a time explaining why so many of their villages were of Hebrew origin.

Many scholars and geneticist probably have it right to say they are a hodge-podge of peoples, not origianlly Arabs, but definately Arabized through Muslim conquest. Their ancestors were Phoenicians, Syro-Phoenecians, and, if genetics is to be accepted, in part remnants of ancient Israelis who never left. They may have little relationship to the ancient Peleset or Philistines, ironically, as they are genetically Middle-eastern and not particularly European.

I am myself genetically much closer to the "Palestinian" Arabs than to the Celtic-Iberians, Frankish/Germanic, or Balto-Slavic peoples my forefathers lived amongst since leaving Israel. In the end, we Israelis and the so-called Palestinians may be very, very close. Biblically, they are not actually Arabs. The Bedouin of the region probably have the best claim to that. The fellakhin, or settled village "Arabs," were once exceedingly different from the proud, clannish, self-assured Bedouin.

But all this aside, UNWRA is a joke. A very expensive joke. If the UN and the more wealthy Arab countries had supported local Arab leaders here, and not outside agitators and those paid-off by them, the "Palestinians" would be a prosperous people at peace with Israel. Lots of Arabs and Jews here get along very well, and even enjoy each other's company. Even some of our football stars are local Arabs . . .

But the view from afar must be very different. I can only imagine.

Last edited by David of Galilee; 11-19-2013 at 09:26 PM..
Old 11-22-2013, 12:33 PM
Banned

Fedex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by garpk View Post

It is one big scam....

haha, more like "Balestine"
Old 11-22-2013, 12:35 PM
Banned

Fedex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by David of Galilee View Post
. Lots of Arabs and Jews here get along very well, and even enjoy each other's company. Even some of our football stars are local Arabs . . .

But the view from afar must be very different. I can only imagine.
Interesting.

Do you have any Arab-Israeli friend(s)?

Israel is almost 1/4 Muslim..pretty crazy (in a good way..diversity and all)
Old 11-22-2013, 04:26 PM
Dragon

Israel is almost 1/5th Arab (not Muslim), of which many are Christian or Druse.

I have lived near and around and worked with many Arabs here, both as a boss or supervisor, and under Arab bosses. When I helped with the organic goat-milk dairy my wife ran, I was a goatherd in upper Galilee, and got to know many local Arabs. Some would go to my wife for help and advice on goats. Bedouins, Druse, Felakhin, Christian. Out in the world, many Israel supporters just automatically think any Muslim is suspect and at best a potential enemy. In Israel itself, I am not sure that we few them that way, not when we know them. And I am not sure that we few Islam as the biggest threat to Israel, since so much of the anti-Israel inspiration and funding in the Arab world comes from the Western democracies. A painful but true fact.

Radical Islam has a silent partner, and its name is . . . ?
Old 01-06-2014, 09:41 PM

Belkin is on a distinguished road

Stop the wasteful funding if UN stop funding the UNRWA it would fall part and all countries that have Palestinian Arab refugee would have to find a way resettle them.
Old 01-07-2014, 04:42 AM
Dragon

True. Western money finances most of the UNWRA fraud.
Old 01-07-2014, 11:01 AM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

Knaur is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by David of Galilee View Post

But all this aside, UNWRA is a joke. A very expensive joke.
Not just UNWRA, the whole UN is a joke IMHO. It serves no useful purpose except act as a cushy posting for well connected diplomats and retired politicians.

Why is it that on June 4th 1967 I was a Jordanian and overnight I became a Palestinian? - Walid Shoebat, PLO terrorist
Old 01-07-2014, 11:41 AM
Dragon

The WCs and the cafeterias at UN Plaza used to be alright for NYC in the early 1960s. But a good cup of coffee and bumrolls in the loo are probably not a good enough reason to keep the whole scheme afloat.
Old 04-25-2014, 02:24 PM

Belkin is on a distinguished road

USA ,Israel and maybe even European Union cut off all funding to UNRWA. The Arab states would have to either fund that agency themselves or accept resettle Palestinian Arab refugees. Since in practice Arab states would have no realistic way to force them to stay in refugees camps.

Last edited by Belkin; 04-25-2014 at 02:27 PM..
Old 04-25-2014, 04:45 PM
Dragon

And in truth thousands and thousands of "Palestinians" have left the so-called refugee camps and settled as far afield as Latin America. The educated ones, and the perceptive ones, do not always believe the propaganda foisted on them--by the West as well as their own leaders.
Israel Forum