Israel Military Forum

Welcome to the Israel Military Forum. You are currently viewing our Israel Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, Image Forum and access our other features. By joining our Israel Military Forum you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so
Join Our Israel Community Today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Go Back   Israel Military Forum > General > Movies, Music & Games Forum
Register FAQ Pictures Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Movies, Music & Games Forum Movies, Music & Games Forum

Old 03-09-2013, 05:44 PM

Elizabeth is on a distinguished road
Default The Damascus Countdown, by Joel Rosenberg

I just finished reading The Damascus Countdown, by Joel Rosenberg.

This book is the 3rd and final book of this series (referred to as the Twelfth Iman series), of which I highly recommend all three. And it is an awesome book!

The First Book, The Twelfth Iman was centered around Iran and the Shia eschatology on the Muslim "messiah" in Islam. And on Iran's drive to not only develop nuke weapons, but of Ahmadinejad's/Arab world threats for wiping Israel and US off the map. The first one centers around the 1979 revolution in Iran, leading up to present times and a CIA spy hero.

The 2nd book, The Tehran Initiative goes even farther into today's headlines and what is happening in the middle east.

But finally, Rosenberg has incorporated the "arab spring" what is happening in the Middle East, right now into The Damascus Countdown. The book's premise though, centers around Biblical prophecy on Isaiah 17, which foretells of the permanent destruction of Damascus, to never, ever be inhabited any more.

The book grabs you from the every beginning, the action and the detail are extremely believable. the main character is on a fast paced track to stop The Twelfth Iman/Iran/Syria from firing 2 nukes at Israel, hiding them in a barrage of other incoming missile attacks, hoping to overwhelm Israel and making it impossible for Israel to single out the nukes, from other missiles/rockets.

One of the most nail biting books I have ever read. You feel as though you are right in the center of the action. The book totally immerses one in the story line, drawing you in and making it seem so plausible.

The Twelfth Imam http://www.amazon.com/The-Twelfth-Im...s=twelfth+imam

The Tehran Initiative http://www.amazon.com/The-Tehran-Ini...ran+initiative

The Damascus Countdown http://www.amazon.com/Damascus-Count...scus+countdown

I own every book by Joel Rosenberg, he has quite a history. He is a Messianic Jew who has done a lot of political time on Netanyahu's election bid, Steve Forbes and others. But now he does work reaching out to people in the Middle East, Israel, Iran, Iraq through The Joshua Fund. He also does a lot of conferences and speaking engagements with a lot of high profile people.

His first series, The Last Jihad series (The Last Jihad, The Last Days, Ezekiel Option, The Copper Scroll and Dead Heat) were not only great books, but there were events that happened in the books, that eventually happened in real life. Really creepy if you did not know that Rosenberg uses current news and Biblical prophecy to write fiction and comes up with a lot of stuff that mirrors real life.

He doesn't consider himself a prophet or anything, just a guy who likes to write books about Biblical prophecy, for the most part, and make it full of action.

Anyway, I highly recommend The Damascus Countdown if you like action, current events leaping off of the pages of a fiction book and a great story line, this book is for you.

Last edited by Elizabeth; 03-09-2013 at 05:48 PM..
Old 03-10-2013, 07:22 AM
Dragon

David of Galilee is on a distinguished road

All Torah Jews are all Messianic/Meshikhi! All await the mashiakh--not just Christians of Jewish ancestry. A black-coated Hareidi ultra-orthodox Jew is both "messianic" and "Jewish." Mr Rosenberg's parents became Christians when he was very young. They were not a "Jewish" family. His mother was a lapsed Methodists. His father was lapsed Jew. They practiced nothing of the Faith of Israel. They became Christians from this background, not from having a vibrant, living Jewish home.

I've nothing against Joel; nothing at all. On the contrary I like the fellow. But I have heard him clarify that he is a born again Christian, and had not grown up Jewish. Many Gentiles carry Jewish names. And of course if he loves Israel, and fears God, that is only to his credit without question. He doesn't use the phrase Messianic Jew at his site.

I have a few of his books, and while I like the topics, and he is clearly both perceptive and well-informed, I found Twelfth Imam a bit ponderous. I believe the books would improve with a little judicious editing. Just my taste maybe. But I do agree that the ancient prophecies inform the modern era far better than contemporary media. For this aspect of his works, I give him all due credit.

Last edited by David of Galilee; 03-10-2013 at 07:27 AM..
Old 03-16-2013, 05:52 PM
Dragon

desertscout is on a distinguished road

With all the ruckus going on in Syria and the recent destruction of missiles, etc that were headed for Hezbollah, along with the fact that neither winner in Syria will be friendly towards Isarel, perhaps the prophecy given in Isaiah 17:1 is just over the horizon. Only time will tell.

Isaiah 17

Amplified Bible (AMP)

17 The mournful, inspired prediction (a burden to be lifted up) concerning Damascus [capital of Syria, and Israelís bulwark against Assyria]. Behold, Damascus will cease to be a city and will become a heap of ruins.
Old 03-16-2013, 07:51 PM
Dragon

David of Galilee is on a distinguished road

It looks like the war of Assad and the Alawi clans, against the Muslims (mostly Sunni), may destroy Syria without any outside help.

If Assad goes down, the Muslims (many of whom still do not accept the Alawi as real Muslims) will make life a living hell for any living Alawi. The Alawi have sewn-up the leadership of Syria for so long--especially in the government and military--that the Muslims will likely seek revenge.

And if Assad has no where to hide, he is a character who is definitely capable of taking the house down with him. He is that type.
Old 03-17-2013, 11:23 AM

lethomaineq is on a distinguished road

C?m on bác, d? mình ki?m nghi?m l?i xem sao :x :x
Israel Forum