Israel Military Forum

Welcome to the Israel Military Forum. You are currently viewing our Israel Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, Image Forum and access our other features. By joining our Israel Military Forum you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so
Join Our Israel Community Today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Go Back   Israel Military Forum > Israel National security > Army Related Forum
Register FAQ Pictures Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Army Related Forum Topics about the Israeli armed forces, special forces, tanks, apc's, guns etc + world armies.

Old 10-12-2014, 07:15 AM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

Knaur is on a distinguished road
Default Army War College revokes Sen. John Walsh's degree after plagiarism finding

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014...-walsh-degree/

Quote:
The U.S. Army War College revoked Democratic Sen. John Walsh's master's degree after an investigation completed Friday concluded he plagiarized a research paper required to graduate, a college spokeswoman said.

The Carlisle, Pennsylvania, college assigned an academic review board to the probe in August after The New York Times published a story showing Walsh borrowed heavily from other sources for the paper he wrote in 2007.

Walsh was pursuing a Master of Strategic Studies degree at age 47, a year before he became Montana's adjutant general overseeing the state National Guard.

The board took less than a day to hear the case and make its findings Aug. 22, but the process of appeal and review wasn't completed until Friday.

"The board found that then Colonel John Walsh did commit the offense of plagiarism and thus his Master's Degree and status as graduate of the U.S. Army War College should be revoked," War College spokeswoman Carol Kerr said in a statement.

The review board made its conclusions less than 20 minutes after closing its August hearing, according to the report released by Walsh's office. Possible extenuating circumstances submitted by Walsh of post-traumatic stress disorder and a fellow soldier's suicide were not enough to support any other recommendation.

"It should also be noted that other students ... have had similar or more serious personal and psychological issues during their year at USAWC, and they have been able to successfully complete course requirements without resorting to plagiarism or other cheating," the review board's report said.

Walsh's office released a statement saying the senator disagrees with the findings but accepts the college's decision.

"I apologize to all Montanans for the plagiarism in my 2007 paper, and I am prepared to live with its consequences," Walsh said in the statement. "I may not be a scholar, but I am proud to have been a soldier who has served Montana and this great nation for 33 years in uniform."

His spokeswoman said he was not available for further comment.

Walsh dropped out of the Nov. 4 Senate race after the plagiarism. He was appointed to his Senate seat in February when Max Baucus resigned to become ambassador to China.

In August, Montana Democrats chose state lawmaker Amanda Curtis to replace Wash as their candidate.

Republicans need a net gain of six seats in November to take Senate control, and Montana is a prime target to pick up a seat that's been in Democratic hands for more than a century.

The Senate race was seen as a tough one for Democrats even with the incumbent Walsh in the running. Now Daines is expected to have a bigger advantage going against a newcomer who doesn't have his name recognition or $1.7 million campaign bank account.

Why is it that on June 4th 1967 I was a Jordanian and overnight I became a Palestinian? - Walid Shoebat, PLO terrorist
Old 10-12-2014, 04:26 PM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

Gentlemen, thoughts?

Why is it that on June 4th 1967 I was a Jordanian and overnight I became a Palestinian? - Walid Shoebat, PLO terrorist
Old 10-12-2014, 04:46 PM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

Paparock? Scelli? Any other US forces personnels? Kindly elucidate your thoughts on this development to a layman?

Old 10-13-2014, 01:11 AM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

scelli is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knaur View Post
Paparock? Scelli? Any other US forces personnels? Kindly elucidate your thoughts on this development to a layman?
Possible extenuating circumstances submitted by Walsh of post-traumatic stress disorder and a fellow soldier's suicide were not enough to support any other recommendation.

Reading this disgusting "explanation" leaves me speechless.

"It should also be noted that other students ... have had similar or more serious personal and psychological issues during their year at USAWC, and they have been able to successfully complete course requirements without resorting to plagiarism or other cheating," the review board's report said.

Nice to see those at Carlisle Barracks decided not to mince words regarding such nonsense.

Walsh's office released a statement saying the senator disagrees with the findings but accepts the college's decision.

Really? No kidding, Sherlock. Now lets see a formal (and permanent) letter of reprimand entered into his service record.

Old 10-13-2014, 02:19 PM
Zatoichi
PhotobucketPhotobucket

rafi is on a distinguished road

We don't see big time cheating in Israel like you do in this case.

One reason I think is that the training is based on goals and accomplishments versus empirical book learning. You solve problems versus memorizing.

That being said, cheating takes place everywhere on earth.
The PTSD excuse was an embarrassment.
You got caught, suck it up. He has obviously been a politician too long.

PTSD never made me lie cheat or steal. While everyone is different, it made me sleep for years with a gun under my pillow, edgy when there was a large noise that sounded vaguely like the unique AK47 round duscharging, made me accidentally throw my father who snuck up on me. Other's I know beat people, hurt themselves, but none had a soitary symptom of telling lies.

Revoking the degree was harsh, but not unjustified.