Israel Military Forum

Welcome to the Israel Military Forum. You are currently viewing our Israel Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, Image Forum and access our other features. By joining our Israel Military Forum you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so
Join Our Israel Community Today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Go Back   Israel Military Forum > Israel National security > Self Defense
Register FAQ Pictures Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Self Defense Martial arts, defending yourself, krav maga, firearms, weapons, survival, etc.

Old 11-24-2012, 11:00 PM

AlexHamburg is on a distinguished road
Default Wing Chun

hi, dont know, if someone brought something about Wing Chun, its very effective close range self defence system.

Take a look at the side of chinese boxer (youtube name of the Wing Chun master, who gives the basics about this system of selfdefence)

http://www.youtube.com/user/chinabox...e=results_main

If you ask, what is so special in wing chun, easy to describe its attacking the enemy center and defending the own center, so easy ;) plus you use the force of your opponend to attack. The stronger your opponend attacks the the worse he gets beaten by his own energy. In addition there are no defences in wing chun, means every strike is an attack. So because of the fact, that every strike in wing chun is an attack, you dont chase the hands and feeds of your opponend, if your enemy shows a gab, you attack.

To show the effectiveness of wing tsun, see this vid, there you can see, that the wing tsun man (white shirt) only attacks the center of the kickboxing opponend and the kickboxer is rather confused.

Recent history

Yip Man was the first Wing Chun master to teach the art openly in "Hong Kong" on a school fee basis. His students and their students therefore make up the majority of the practitioners of Wing Chun today (see his article for the outline of a family tree). Yip Man died in 1972. However, there is also a story that Yip Man gave money to Chan Wah Shun so that he could learn from him. Officially making Chan Wah Shun the first to teach the art openly on a school fee basis. However, Chan Wa Shun was military/ security based who was employed by Yip Man's father.
Bruce Lee came to America to teach the non-Asian Americans. Bruce Lee was a student of Wing Chun.
Recently two movies were made about Yip Man starring Donnie Yen.
Though he never started a school himself, Yuen Kay-San's lineage of Wing Chun was continued by his student Sum Nung and the subsequent generations of students that descend from him.

source http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Wing_Chun

On youtube you can find basic movemends of wing chun like "tan-sau"

"bong-sau"

"pak-sau"

I just started to study Wing chun, had my first examns and must say its fun, its effective and pure selfdefence.

There are some Wing Chun schools in Israel too, found this on youtube

;p ok .. this is out of a movie never the less nice fight of IP Man against a Karate Master.

What i find special and good in this kind of defence is the close range combat, its different than other systems and makes "damn" lot of fun.
Old 12-08-2012, 02:28 AM

adventure of a karateka visiting Wing Tsun schools in china. The vids are in chinese, but if you like martial arts you will understand the story, because the actors speak with the body. The Karateka learns a lot about wing tsun, that its done with the energy of the enemy and that you concentrate on simply one think to attack the center of the enemy without flourish.

Plus you see the effectiveness of wing chun, have fun watching the films

Old 12-08-2012, 07:13 AM
Dragon
Photobucket

Paparock is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

My base style was modified Wing Chun.
The LORD lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace.

Asymmetric Warfare It’s not just for the “Other Guys”

Old 12-08-2012, 10:51 PM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

Knaur is on a distinguished road

Glock Kata and Colt Won Du are acknowledged as exceptionally deadly forms.

Why is it that on June 4th 1967 I was a Jordanian and overnight I became a Palestinian? - Walid Shoebat, PLO terrorist
Old 12-09-2012, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knaur View Post
Glock Kata and Colt Won Du are acknowledged as exceptionally deadly forms.

You are right, but there are situations, where you need your ability to fight with your hands, where a gun cant help you because you dont have the gun with you for instance. So there are combat situations, where you need to be able to defend yourself with your body.

And even if your enemy has a gun in his hand, wing chun can be usefull ->

Old 12-09-2012, 08:28 PM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexHamburg View Post
So there are combat situations, where you need to be able to defend yourself with your body.
Whoevers buddy shows up with a primary weapon first, or whoever grabs the nearest object which can be used as a weapon.

Quote:
And even if your enemy has a gun in his hand, wing chun can be usefull ->
I'd rather be the one with the gun, thanks.

Why is it that on June 4th 1967 I was a Jordanian and overnight I became a Palestinian? - Walid Shoebat, PLO terrorist
Old 12-09-2012, 08:35 PM

yap yap, gun is great, but the fact, that there are guns, does not mean, that other ways of selfedefence are irrelevant, right?

Plus Wing Chun is not only selfdefence, its fun too and its sports :).
Old 12-09-2012, 08:39 PM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

In front of a trained shooter, yup, they are irrelevant. As sports and psychological tools they are useful of course. Indian SF are trained in PKT.

Old 12-26-2012, 12:52 AM

one entertaining film comes into the cinemas soon with some wing chun,

and Knaur, this is a thread about Self Defense including Martial arts too so dont be mad about my wing chun posts :)
Old 12-26-2012, 10:47 PM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

Am not mad at all. I appreciate your posts, just pitching in my 2 cents

Old 01-10-2013, 08:08 AM

Nice Wing Chun - Sparring Drill this is like you can start training sparring with a partner looks great and is not to hard to learn i guess

and how its done a bit faster

Old 01-29-2013, 08:37 PM

Default "foodwork" in Wing Chun

Hey, we had a very interesting lesson today .. was looking if i can find something similar on Youtube and i found a nice example ..not quite the same lessons but similar .. and it was fun

Old 02-17-2013, 06:14 AM

Default Weapon fight

Weapon fight in Wing Tsun, i like the escrima stick
Old 02-18-2013, 11:27 AM

Default Escrima

Ok, the one link with the Sticks is rather poor, so i found a good one that shows good basic techniques of stick fight by Dan Inosanto (Philipine Jet Kuen Do and Escrima Master).

Our Wing Chun Master has modified the classic Escrima a bit but never the less think Master Inosanto is still one of the best in the world with the sticks (vid is old but gold )

If you want to build your own Sticks, they should be 60 centimeters if i am not wrong and

...nothing to do with stick fight but above broken link -> fight of Ip Man against a Karate Master .. ok its just an entertaining movie but never the less nice fight

Last edited by AlexHamburg; 02-18-2013 at 11:47 AM..
Old 02-18-2013, 02:01 PM

Default Forms

learned the two first forms of Wing Chun,

first is the Siu Nim Tau (called a little idea) and the second one is the Chum Kiu (the Chum Kiu of Chinese Boxer is not the IP Man Style i guess but never the less you learn the procedures, thats what is important.

I bought me the form posters and learned them from the pics, everyone has his methode to learn the stuff in the best way. The Forms are important because they train the basic techniques of Wing Chun and the stands, the defence and the attacks in a harmonic way. If you want to learn this system, learn the forms too, they help to understand the whole idea behind Wing Chun.
Old 05-19-2013, 06:45 PM

Default Wing Chun and Ground Fighting

In real life fights there are situations where you are on the ground, this are basic techniques for ground fighting:

Old 07-22-2013, 05:08 PM

Default Chum Kiu full form

ok, i have searched for a good Chum Kiu form in the style of IP Man and found this .. the woman does the Chum Kiu like Master Cheng Chuen Fun, i have a poster of the form in my room , so if you want to practice this form, this video may help
Old 08-30-2013, 08:33 PM

two Americans meet Leong Ting ..and learn some of the basics of Wing Chun, well done, take a look and enjoy :)
Old 07-11-2014, 05:22 PM

what to do, when the attacker ... moves away .. Wing chun is more for Close combat.. but what do you do, when the attacker moves away ?! Here is a nice vid, where you can see one possible move in such a Situation ... ok ok . the guy makes a lot of Vids ..but this one helps and you can Train it with your trainingbody
Israel Forum