Israel Military Forum

Welcome to the Israel Military Forum. You are currently viewing our Israel Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, Image Forum and access our other features. By joining our Israel Military Forum you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so
Join Our Israel Community Today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Go Back   Israel Military Forum > General > General chat
Register FAQ Pictures Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General chat General discussion unrelated to above forums, jokes etc.

View Poll Results: POLL: Do you believe in aliens/intelligent life outside our planet
Yes 12 57.14%
No 6 28.57%
Undecided 3 14.29%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-22-2010, 03:30 AM
Dragon
Photobucket

Paparock is on a distinguished road
Question

There has been a war over humans’ souls since the serpent, Adam, and Eve. So while the serpent deceived Eve, Adam willingly took of the forbidden fruit. It has been going on in both levels us as humans can observe and beyond what we can normally observe. I say normally observe because Hebrew Scripture records instances when Prophets of God as well as their servants after the Prophet asked God to open their eyes could see into other realms.

Although this still seems strange to us today is not God the same today as He was then? Is it not possible for God to grant this ability to anyone he sees fit for His purposes? Would not many of the miracles God performed through men of faith of Old not still be possible today and even greater? Would these things not defy man’s understanding? Yes, I believe so and so would not the enemy of God also try to deceive the world by offering false copies of lying wonders trying to deceive people? Now you can see why discernment is so critical when dealing in these matters.

Some people only eat, sleep, and work while others live their lives only self absorbed. A few live to serve others before themselves but how many are really self aware of themselves, others, and what truly goes on around them on so many levels?

The LORD lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace.

Asymmetric Warfare It’s not just for the “Other Guys”

Last edited by Paparock; 08-22-2010 at 03:32 AM..
Old 08-22-2010, 05:00 AM
Dragon

desertscout is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paparock View Post
P.S.

I forgot the theory of they come from "within the planet Earth". Some of these folk think UFO’s entry and exit points to the Earth are the 12 Devil's Triangles; one of which is called the Bermuda Triangle (http://www.vortexmaps.com/devils-triangle.php).
Thanks for the web site. That will be put in my bookmarks with my coasttocoastam bookmark.
Old 08-22-2010, 05:28 AM
Dragon

SpacemanSpiff is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertscout View Post
Thanks for the web site. That will be put in my bookmarks with my coasttocoastam bookmark.
The zoologist Ivan T Sanderson wrote several books on UFOs back in the 60s, one of which is Invisible Residents, where he expounds his theory that UFOs originate from an intelligent undersea civilization. As this was written before the popularization of the phrase "Devil's Triangle", he refers to them as "vile vortices." A review of this book may be found at: http://illadvised.blogspot.com/2008/...residents.html

Last edited by SpacemanSpiff; 08-22-2010 at 05:31 AM.. Reason: Addition
Old 08-22-2010, 05:43 AM
Dragon

desertscout is on a distinguished road

I tend to cringe at the connotation of alien. I know what an illegal alien is from South of the Arizona border (a concept that the US government doesn't seem to understand), but off world intelligence in my thinking goes beyond illegals or even the AVP concept.

I would term Israel's Sinai experience an encounter with an off world entity, either supernatural or super-technical, depending upon how one wishes to view these types of accounts. Certain other events involving Elijah (as well as Elisha) and Ezekiel come to mind as well. Daniel, a contemporary of Elijah in Babylon, had some interesting visitations and, or experiences as well. Hebrew Messianic tradition speaks of a Messiah that will have the power to bring peace to this planet. That undertaking will be a superhuman endeavor at the very least.

The Christian Messiah is said to be coming back in the clouds; possibly an off world event or an event originating in the upper atmosphere (he would return in the fashion that he left).

Lucifer or Satan is referred to as being the 'prince of the power of the air.'

The Mahdi is said to be able to bring down fire from the atmosphere, and cause other signs to follow.

There is much that mere humans do not have a handle on, and I personally think that the events leading to the rebirth of Israel as a nation defies human wisdom, understanding, or ability to control.

There is something greater than this mere Homo sapien out there (above/below); but then that's just my biased opinion!!!
Old 08-22-2010, 06:13 AM
Dragon

Forums_Addict is on a distinguished road

I found the following easy to read site right at the beginning of the Google search page. I am sure there are others sites of interest too if you type in the key words. Please have a look - it is worth seeing/watching.

http://www.mt.net/~watcher/ufos.html

Old 08-22-2010, 06:41 AM
Dragon

One of the earliest serious books on UFOs that remains relevant today is:

The Report on Unidentified Flying Objects, by Edward J. Ruppelt, Capt. Ret., former head of the United States Air Force Project Blue Book, Doubleday, 1956, and it is online in its entirety for all to read at: http://www.ufologie.net/books/ruppeltbook.htm
Old 08-22-2010, 01:46 PM
Zatoichi
PhotobucketPhotobucket

New Ron is on a distinguished road

Excellent link SpaceManSpiff! Truly the spaceman eh? lol!

"If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence.. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel."
~ Golda Meir~

Old 08-22-2010, 01:46 PM
Zatoichi
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paparock View Post
There has been a war over humans’ souls since the serpent, Adam, and Eve. So while the serpent deceived Eve, Adam willingly took of the forbidden fruit. It has been going on in both levels us as humans can observe and beyond what we can normally observe. I say normally observe because Hebrew Scripture records instances when Prophets of God as well as their servants after the Prophet asked God to open their eyes could see into other realms.

Although this still seems strange to us today is not God the same today as He was then? Is it not possible for God to grant this ability to anyone he sees fit for His purposes? Would not many of the miracles God performed through men of faith of Old not still be possible today and even greater? Would these things not defy man’s understanding? Yes, I believe so and so would not the enemy of God also try to deceive the world by offering false copies of lying wonders trying to deceive people? Now you can see why discernment is so critical when dealing in these matters.

Some people only eat, sleep, and work while others live their lives only self absorbed. A few live to serve others before themselves but how many are really self aware of themselves, others, and what truly goes on around them on so many levels?

This is the truth.

"If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence.. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel."
~ Golda Meir~

Old 08-22-2010, 01:47 PM
Zatoichi
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertscout View Post
I tend to cringe at the connotation of alien. I know what an illegal alien is from South of the Arizona border (a concept that the US government doesn't seem to understand),
LOL We cant have none of these aliens around, now can we!

~ Golda Meir~

Old 08-22-2010, 04:51 PM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

Knaur is on a distinguished road

I am undecided on the issue. In Dharmic faiths though, there is the detailed concept of different Lokas or Worlds i.e. generally in religious cosmology of Eastern religions, there is certainly there is acceptance or at least scope for existence of intelligent life off earth.

Why is it that on June 4th 1967 I was a Jordanian and overnight I became a Palestinian? - Walid Shoebat, PLO terrorist
Old 08-22-2010, 06:29 PM
Dragon

Another very early book on the subject, The Flying Saucers Are Real by Donald Keyhoe, 1950, is available for reading at: http://www.sacred-texts.com/ufo/fsar/index.htm

or is available for free downloads (in various formats) at Project Guttenberg

I am currently reading it now. My impression so far is that there is very little information in it that has not been widely known since the sixties. However, as a period piece, it is absolutely fantastic. Understanding decision making and public opinion regarding UFOs sixty years ago can be difficult without knowing how people thought and approached the subject then. This book helps enormously.
Old 08-22-2010, 07:58 PM
Dragon

air-on is on a distinguished road
Default my two agorot

As a sci-fi fan since my early teens, I believe there is life out there, including intelligent life. My curiosity on this issue kept aware of any bit of information that would add to this belief and, thanks to many books (not only sci-fi) and the internet, I was able to learn about the life cycle of stars, and about the proven existence (through specter telescopes) of complex organic matter, like phenols, in interstellar gas clouds. Phenols are long chains of H, C and O, and are building bricks for amino acids, the base for carbon-based life such as ours (of all life on Earth). I believe in Panspermia and in the “Goldie Locks” theories. The first, as you know, would use comets (gigantic chunks of “dirty ice”) as vectors for seeding planets falling within the Goldie Locks conditions, that is, at “just the right” distance from their suns, at “just the right” moment in its existence, when it had cooled down enough to allow liquid water to exist, and then be able to nurture a life-breeding evolutionary path.
From the bottom of the pit of my utter ignorance of G-d’s work, I refuse to seek contradiction between our Holy Torah and the finds of modern science for, the way I see it, the biggest of all miracles and marvels lies at the Big Bang itself: the “just right” balance of strength between the strong and the weak nuclear forces – the strong force is enough to keep the nucleus protons together, while the weak force is weak enough (“just right”) to prevent them from collapsing upon themselves. This is an oversimplified explanation – the real thing nowadays involves quarks and bosoms (and cleavages? :P ), but the miracle of our existence: our universe->the star’s life cycle->the transformation of hydrogen and helium into carbon and all the other elements of the periodic table-> the existence of MAN, thinking man, made of star dust, this unthinkable and incomprehensible miracle awes me, humbles me before my Creator.

Yes, there has to be life in other planets. But, as Forumsaddict said, G-d’s revelations to man follow a need-to-know basis. To me, the first 6 verses of Bere**** (In the Beginning, first book of Torah) describes what happened in the Big Bang. Read Stephen Hawking or John Gribbin or other good writers of “physics science for dummies” (that’s me, folks), and you will agree with me.
Need to know basis… We are unable to deal with our millenniums long problems, how could we expect to be blessed with G-d’s revelation of His deeper secrets? As a sci-fi fan, I wait anxiously for the day when some bright (Jewish? Doggonit, I am helplessly chauvinistic…) mind will come up with something like the characters in my all-time favorite sci-fi book: the first installment of Robert Heinlein’s “History of Future”. In “Let There Be Light”, a scientist (a physician) teams up with a scientist (a biologist) to not only represent the “romantic interest” in the story, but to extract from the butt of fireflies (sorry, I could not resist being crude, rude and putting the firefly’s butt in the nude…) the secret to produce a kind of frame that would generate electricity when supplied with light, and generate light when supplied with electricity. This would not only free us from the arab oil blackmail, but also cut the funding for the spreading of their hateful pagan, moon-worshiping “religion”.
We need our best minds thinking about this day and night; else our destiny could be similar to that described in another unforgettable sci-fi story, Walter M. Miller’s post-apocalyptic “Canticle for Leibowitz”. For the ayatolla’s aim is to bring about their so-called “12th Iman” through an apocalyptical war, in which they are being undoubtedly helped out by the biggest disgrace of all times: a muslim POTUS. So the real relevant question now is Waba's: “Is there intelligent life on Planet Earth?”
Old 08-24-2010, 05:17 PM

Shanghi is on a distinguished road

Air-On, interesting observations! But as you very well put it....."So the real relevant question now is Waba's: “Is there intelligent life on Planet Earth?”" lol now that is the question!
Old 09-14-2010, 11:55 PM
Dragon

I've found two more very good books online, both at Scribd.com

Passport to Magonia, Jacques Vallee, 1969.

and my favorite:

Operation Trojan Horse, John Keel, 1970.

(Just click on the title for the link).
Old 09-15-2010, 12:20 AM
Gold Member

bladeofdarkness is on a distinguished road

i barely believe in intelligent life on OUR planet at this point.
Old 09-20-2010, 10:13 AM
Dragon

janetnjohn is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
i barely believe in intelligent life on OUR planet at this point.
ahh! but there must be intelligent life on this planet, after all there is this forum! that must be proof of at least some intelligent life!

I have set watchmen upon thy walls, O Jerusalem, which shall never hold their peace day nor night: ye that make mention of the LORD, keep not silence,

"I ask then, has God rejected His people? By no means! God has not rejected His people whom He foreknew. For the gifts and call of God are irrevocable."
(Romans 11:1,2,29)
Old 10-28-2010, 12:44 PM

zerfy is on a distinguished road

I think I vote yes.
Their is an ancient chinese scripture describe several kids were playing.One of the kid stand out and said he cames from "Minghuo"(Maybe Mars),then disappear.
Old 11-15-2010, 07:19 PM

Damir is on a distinguished road

Yes, i do believe we are not alone in space. However, i don't believe they are among us. Just what kind of life form would cross all those thousands light years only to infiltrate among us just to observe us? Seems quite unlikely to me.
Old 11-15-2010, 07:38 PM

MARCOS is on a distinguished road

i believe in aliens..... Yes
Old 02-04-2011, 03:16 AM
Dragon

UFO over Jerusalem ? Photographed from three different sources: