Israel Military Forum

Welcome to the Israel Military Forum. You are currently viewing our Israel Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, Image Forum and access our other features. By joining our Israel Military Forum you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so
Join Our Israel Community Today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Go Back   Israel Military Forum > General > General chat
Register FAQ Pictures Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General chat General discussion unrelated to above forums, jokes etc.

View Poll Results: POLL: Do you believe in aliens/intelligent life outside our planet
Yes 12 57.14%
No 6 28.57%
Undecided 3 14.29%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-18-2010, 11:48 AM
Zatoichi
PhotobucketPhotobucket

New Ron is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by WABA View Post
Do you believe in aliens/intelligent life outside our planet?

I voted yes.

Trying to explain why, is like trying to explain the 'Holy Trinity'.

Life on this planet exists because of our unique environmental conditions, protected by 'magnetic fields' which surround our planet.

The 'universe' is immense our tiny little brains cannot comprehend its enormity.

There apparently no borders to our Universe, if there was, what would be on the other side?

There are apparently billions of universes each containing billions of stars.

Undoubtably within this billions of stars there are planets with identical conditions to those we have on Earth, so these planets would have the possibility of 'life' existing as we have on Earth.

How these 'Aliens' could travel across the spaces of 'light years' to visit us, I have no idea. ( worm holes? )

Were the 'matter' came from that made the 'big bang' birth of our Universe possible came from I have no idea or concept. LOL

Still this ' meaning of life and the Universe' has led to some interesting debates around campfires at night on hunting trips, amply fueled by many cold beers.LOVVL

Trouble is next morning no-one can remember whether or not we had solved the 'meaning of life and the Universe' conundrum or not. LOVL
Excellent post, for us "believers"

As for the wormhole, I think it is quite plausible this was used by ETs to travel to space at one time, but to figure out how they travel here or anywhere we need to look at our own advancement, which would have happened to them, and if they are more advanced so would their technology.

Travelling via wormholes, which is something many scientists have theorized, would belike when man first travelled the sky by balloon. It was great, but we had to limit ourselves to the limits of the balloon and sky, wind and gravity issues. The wormhole limits travel to its capacity as a wormhole, also scary where does a wormhole end up.

Humans then, went on to invent gliders, propeller engines, helicopters and then jet engines and its not finished, we are advancing, so do the aliens. Their technology like ours will someday, be able to travel at speeds hundreds even thousands of times faster than lightspeed. Once that has been mastered, travelling the universe, immense as you say, will be like going downtown to buy a sandwich.

"If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence.. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel."
~ Golda Meir~

Old 08-18-2010, 01:29 PM
Dragon

janetnjohn is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Ron View Post
Excellent post, for us "believers"

As for the wormhole, I think it is quite plausible this was used by ETs to travel to space at one time, but to figure out how they travel here or anywhere we need to look at our own advancement, which would have happened to them, and if they are more advanced so would their technology.

Travelling via wormholes, which is something many scientists have theorized, would belike when man first travelled the sky by balloon. It was great, but we had to limit ourselves to the limits of the balloon and sky, wind and gravity issues. The wormhole limits travel to its capacity as a wormhole, also scary where does a wormhole end up.

Humans then, went on to invent gliders, propeller engines, helicopters and then jet engines and its not finished, we are advancing, so do the aliens. Their technology like ours will someday, be able to travel at speeds hundreds even thousands of times faster than lightspeed. Once that has been mastered, travelling the universe, immense as you say, will be like going downtown to buy a sandwich.

you 2 have been watching too much SG-1 whilst on the sauce!!LOL

but seriously, I think it was Einstein who first came up with the wormhole idea!

I have set watchmen upon thy walls, O Jerusalem, which shall never hold their peace day nor night: ye that make mention of the LORD, keep not silence,

"I ask then, has God rejected His people? By no means! God has not rejected His people whom He foreknew. For the gifts and call of God are irrevocable."
(Romans 11:1,2,29)
Old 08-18-2010, 01:52 PM
Zatoichi
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Quote:
Originally Posted by janetnjohn View Post
you 2 have been watching too much SG-1 whilst on the sauce!!LOL

but seriously, I think it was Einstein who first came up with the wormhole idea!

Hehe, you got us man, I love SG-1....

Also the fact that I am scientist myself lol, and yes you guessed it my field of research is Parapsychology, so UFOs are right up my alley, more or less.

The ideas of Wormholes do stem from Einsteins general theory of relativity, it was however advanced by many others in solving his equations, aswell as work by his collaborator Nathan Rosen. One of the first of those scientists was a brilliant mind called Karl Schwarzchild who was also very instrumental in his work on wormholes and blackholes in space.

"If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence.. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel."
~ Golda Meir~

Old 08-18-2010, 02:12 PM
Dragon

janetnjohn is on a distinguished road

I love SG-1!! very good and I like a program called firefly too but no wormholes in that!

I don't think there is any reason to believe wormholes are non-existent as before it was 'discovered' no-one knew about gravity as such but to stretch that into believing in alien life forms is a bit too far for me. but I wouldn't say no all together but on this topic for me seeing is believing

I have set watchmen upon thy walls, O Jerusalem, which shall never hold their peace day nor night: ye that make mention of the LORD, keep not silence,

"I ask then, has God rejected His people? By no means! God has not rejected His people whom He foreknew. For the gifts and call of God are irrevocable."
(Romans 11:1,2,29)
Old 08-18-2010, 02:32 PM
Zatoichi
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Quote:
Originally Posted by janetnjohn View Post
I love SG-1!! very good and I like a program called firefly too but no wormholes in that!

I don't think there is any reason to believe wormholes are non-existent as before it was 'discovered' no-one knew about gravity as such but to stretch that into believing in alien life forms is a bit too far for me. but I wouldn't say no all together but on this topic for me seeing is believing
Lol, never said my beliefs in wormholes has to do with my beliefs in aliens. Actually when I started my investigation about aliens, and coming to my conclusions I had no idea of the existance of wormhole theories. Like I said advanced civilizations dont need wormholes to travel through time and space.

When the truth of what is already known by the Govenrments of several countries come out, and surprisingly its not as much as many would like to believe, but its not too small either, we will all kinda gasp in shock that all this time there have been alien visitors to earth, and also the moon but not to turn the world topsy turvy, all this was kept secret, and I mean very very secret in classifications that even the President of the United States cannot access. Thank goodness, because right now, this technology if used by an anti Israeli prez, could hurt beyond all the technology used currently. So the ones who are keeping it "the real men in black, the former "Project Blue Book" and others" who have since changed their "name" are keeping it all nice and safe.

That ofcourse is a bunch of my tin foil hat conclusions of investigations into UFOs. lol

~ Golda Meir~

Old 08-18-2010, 02:37 PM
Dragon
Photobucket

Paparock is on a distinguished road
Arrow There has been speculation throughout history

Take all of the following with a TRUCK LOAD OF SALT and I am posting this as what some people think and NOT as I do.

NAMES OF UFO IN THE BIBLE

WHIRLWIND - II Kings 2:Verse 1 "And it came to pass, when the Lord would take up Elijah into heaven by a WHIRLWIND, that Elijah went with Elisha from Gilgal."

Was Elijah "abducted" by aliens here? I think not because the text very clearly says that the Lord took him.

CHARIOTS OF FIRE - II Kings 2:11 "And it came to pass, as they still went on talked, that, behold, there appeared a CHARIOT OF FIRE, and HORSES OF FIRE, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.

Again, this is the same Lord taking the same Elijah appearing as Chariots of and Horses of Fire. Could they not literally be a fire that does not burn since the Lord appeared to Moses in a burning bush? Ufologists will state that these are flying saucers but the bible gives no indication these are spacecraft. The bible does indicate this is God manifesting Himself.

WHEEL - Ezekiel 1:19 "And when the living creatures went, the WHEELS went by them: and when the living creatures were lifted up from the earth, the WHEELS were lifted up.".

Ezekiel is experiencing a vision here and not literally viewing flying saucers. He was trying to describe the scene in heaven by using language he understood. Read this chapter because the scene being represented here is almost incomprehensible. This is God telling us that He is far beyond what we can imagine.

SPIRIT OF GOD - Matthew 3:16 "And Jesus, when he was baptized, went UP straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the SPIRIT OF GOD descending like a dove, and lighting upon him" Matthew 4:1 "Then was Jesus led UP of the SPIRIT into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil".

This is very clearly the Holy Spirit making a visual manifestation. Some say that a flying saucer descended and carried Jesus away. Again, that is not what the text says. If Jesus, after His resurrection, could be in one place one moment and another just by thinking about it, then it would be no great feat for the Holy Spirit (which is just another manifestation of God) to carry Jesus away. God is going to do the same thing to the church when He calls them home and it will be the Holy Spirit carrying us away...not a fleet of flying saucers or ufos.

What do angels, demons, God, Jesus, and ufo have in common? They are in the bible and they all can fly. When you see a star travel across the night sky, you can only guess at what it is. Until you hear the roar of a plane or identify it as a satellite, it is a UFO to you. You could have seen an angel or a demon. Or you could have seen a craft from another world although that is extremely unlikely. Were ufos in the bible? Not really since the objects are identified and an ufo is an unidentified flying object.

When Moses led the Jews out of captivity from Egypt, he and his people were guided by a "pillar of cloud by day and a pillar of fire by night". Think about that. What descriptions of UFO's have been given in the daytime? "It looked kinda like a cloud." What about nighttime? "I saw strange lights in the sky". Again, these are just more manifestations of God. The devil is an imitator and I believe he is mimicking these biblical manifestations of God to convince the world we are being visited by aliens when in reality it's demonic beings who can appear and disappear because they are spiritual beings. Below are images of pillars that occur in nature. The images could be what the pillars looked like that guided the Israelites out of Egypt.

There has been a lot of interesting art throughout history that gives rise to speculation.

The painting shown here, "The Baptism of Christ," is by Flemish painter Aert de Gelder, circa 1710, and is on display at the Fitzwilliam Museum in Cambridge, England. The flying disc emitting four beams of light is quite noticeable.
The LORD lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace.

Asymmetric Warfare It’s not just for the “Other Guys”

Old 08-18-2010, 03:36 PM
Dragon

SpacemanSpiff is on a distinguished road

Just to admit--up until about 20 years ago I followed the UFO phenomena rather carefully. I gave it up because nothing new was coming out and serious investigators were abandoning the field, and because the UFOlogical community had become obsessed with red herrings such as hypnosis-revealed abductions, supposed crash evidence, and crazy conspiracy theories of secret underground bases.

The most I can say is:

1. I don't know what is going on.
2. The US government doesn't know what is going on, but hopes that whatever it is, it is "ignorable", at least when it happens to civilians.
3. Whatever the phenomena may actually be, it is extremely deceptive and manipulative.

I can recommend two books:

Operation Trojan Horse
, John Keel, Putnam, 1970 (with reprints)

Messengers of Deception
, Jacques Vallee, And/Or Press, 1979.
Old 08-18-2010, 03:49 PM
Dragon
Photobucket

SpacemanSpiff, I agree with all you said except the government knows much more than they are telling. That is not to say they understand it all, just that they could if they wished offer serious investigators in the civilian area material and answers they have that have not to date been made public. That, I personally know to be true.

Old 08-19-2010, 06:23 PM
Dragon

Forums_Addict is on a distinguished road
Talking

Aliens regret policy of only abducting lone weirdos

Extra-terrestrials have today conceded that a decades-long programme of abduction to gather detailed knowledge of human society and biology might have produced better results had they looked beyond suggestible loners with a history of mental health problems.

‘In hindsight, I suppose there was always going to be a limit to the intelligence we could get from a depressed farmer drink-driving his tractor at 2am,’ said an alien spokesbeing today. ‘We were disappointed to find that the majority of these people from isolated rural communities were not as well-connected to the planet’s major political powers as we’d hoped, and in truth they only confused our understanding of the human race. For a time we weren’t sure the species had a definitive stance on incest, or indeed what the correct number of fingers and toes was for a human. Perhaps we should have made better use of Wikipedia.’

Alien leaders have taken the opportunity to apologise formally to the ‘lost generation’ of socially awkward stay-at-homes they had previously targeted, expressing particular remorse that their routine examinations of human reproductive organs may have been seen as a come-on by the many abductees with limited sexual experience. They also apologised unreservedly to all their former guests for any damage to their credibility or social standing on earth caused by their failure to return and crown them Grand Master of Quadrant Z as promised.

‘If we could travel back in time and do it all again,’ continued the spokesbeing, ‘we’d probably choose to convey our message of constructive engagement with humans in writing or by just popping round to introduce ourselves in person, rather than relying solely on crop circles. And we’d certainly think twice before going with recreational drug users again as our preferred messengers for warnings of global apocalypse.’

Aliens had hoped that their apology would go some way to building bridges between human and extra-terrestrial civilisations and might attract more promising candidates for cranial and rectal probing, but their latest visitor appears to be no different to previous guests. ‘He talked passionately about a vision of the world as a giant theme park in which adults and children live in a harmonious condition of mutual love and respect unhampered by legal interference. By the time he tried to convince us it was normal to walk backwards while keeping both feet on the ground at all times, we knew he was taking the **** and we sent him packing with enough drugs in his system to forget the whole sorry episode.’

http://www.newsbiscuit.com/2009/09/0...-lone-weirdos/

Old 08-19-2010, 07:19 PM
Banned

Reform Jew is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forums_Addict View Post
Have you ever heard of the saying 'Ignorance is bliss.' Sometimes the less we know, the happier we are.
If G-d hadn't wanted to leave us alone, He would have introduced the aliens. And would not have just created others.
Old 08-19-2010, 07:20 PM
Dragon
Photobucket

Arrow

I personally knew this wonderful person. http://www.karlaturner.org/

One of Six videos is you care to look them up.

I also personally know several more people of national prominence in the field.

Last edited by Paparock; 08-19-2010 at 07:36 PM..
Old 08-19-2010, 07:44 PM
Dragon

Ok, coming to the end of the second of Karia's video she is saying that an alien can take the form of what looks like an animal?

Old 08-19-2010, 07:58 PM
Dragon
Photobucket

Quote:
Ok, coming to the end of the second of Karia's video she is saying that an alien can take the form of what looks like an animal?
PM me Paparock.

Old 08-19-2010, 08:58 PM
Dragon

Ok, I have just watched all the six videos. I am sceptical. Although I believe we are not alone I really feel that what she was describing was way over the top. It sort of reminds me of someone I knew who had a mental illness in which he saw and heard things that weren't there - not UFO related but religion related.

That post above that I posted was tongue in cheek of course. We all have seen the quotes typical abductees unquote being interviewed on tv and had a bit of a snigger about it. But what she was explaining, hmmm. I think all that is way to far but of course I respect anyone that has those views and believes in it.

I urge anyone here to watch those six videos and make up your mind, and please post back on here what you think.

The implant - I don't know what to make of that surgeon.

I am not saying all this is impossible, but I am sceptical.

Old 08-19-2010, 09:13 PM
Dragon
Photobucket

Lightbulb

Read the book below by a noted psychiatrist on the very subject; it might prove informative. I found Dr. Mack’s book quite interesting; my degree is in Psychology remember. I even wrote him before his death.

I would suggest you read the book by:

John Edward Mack, M.D. (October 4, 1929–September 27, 2004) was an American psychiatrist, writer, and professor at Harvard Medical School. He was a Pulitzer Prize-winning biographer, and a leading authority on the spiritual or transformational effects of alleged alien abduction experiences - Abduction: Human Encounters with Aliens

Last edited by Paparock; 08-19-2010 at 09:17 PM..
Old 08-19-2010, 09:14 PM
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reform Jew View Post
If G-d hadn't wanted to leave us alone, He would have introduced the aliens. And would not have just created others.
Look at how primitive-minded we were then. Thinking the earth was flat until just 400 years ago. Thinking that the gods - with a small g - were angry at us mortals when there was thunder and lightening just 2000 years ago. Can you honestly say that in all that space out there, and then some, there would not be a remote chance of another life force. If G-d has not revealed anything it is because He knew we would not have been able to handle it, and the last 4,000 years have been pretty eventful anyway, haven't they.

Ok, why don't you watch just that one video clip that Paparock posted of the surgeon in the white coat, and beard. Tell me what you think of that. Is it a fake?

Old 08-19-2010, 09:15 PM
Dragon

Well Paparock - there is no doubt what you voted on my poll!!

I never knew this thread would be so fascinating.

Old 08-20-2010, 12:25 AM
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paparock View Post
I was expecting a typical abductee, but found this woman to be exceptionally profound.

Quote:
Good catch ! It's called a "familiar". The best example I can think of in common folklore is a witch's black cat.

Ultimately, I am reminded of this statement by Rafi, made in a different context:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafi View Post
There is a strongschool of thought that belief in this is also heretical and borders on belief in witchcraft. The biblical remedy for this is well known.
(emphasis mine)
Old 08-20-2010, 12:49 AM
Dragon
Photobucket

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpacemanSpiff View Post
I was expecting a typical abductee, but found this woman to be exceptionally profound.

Good catch ! It's called a "familiar". The best example I can think of in common folklore is a witch's black cat.

Ultimately, I am reminded of this statement by Rafi, made in a different context:
(emphasis mine)
She was a very warm honest open person that I greatly enjoyed talking with.

This whole subject is full of misunderstanding and thus people attack what they don’t understand. I agree there are definitely spiritual concepts and aspects involved just as there is a lot of deception.

Being able to sift out the truth from the deception is EXTREMELY hard and in fact impossible for those that rush in where angels fear to tread. I know I am not being forthcoming and that is with great reason. I don’t want people to accept any of this at face value. Everyone should maintain a completely skeptical if open mind for truth to be found so as not to be easily deceived. Much of this subject cannot be accepted by the human mind even when it is experienced or seen by one’s own eyes. If you read Dr. Mack’s book what I am saying will make more since to you. A huge portion of the books on the subject are made up tripe for money and/or disinformation but that does not mean there is not accurate information out there and Dr. Mack’s book is one of the good ones.

Last edited by Paparock; 08-20-2010 at 01:10 AM..
Old 08-20-2010, 01:06 AM
Dragon

I quit paying attention to the UFO business about the time Mack published. (And besides, you can't trust those Harvard guys. )

Anyway, I meant no disrespect by my previous post. I was just trying to suggest that a healthy dose of caution was appropriate.

PM me if you wish.