Israel Military Forum

Welcome to the Israel Military Forum. You are currently viewing our Israel Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, Image Forum and access our other features. By joining our Israel Military Forum you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so
Join Our Israel Community Today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Go Back   Israel Military Forum > Israel National security > Physical Fitness
Register FAQ Pictures Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Physical Fitness your guide to physical fitness, training methods

Old 08-09-2010, 04:48 PM

Hebrewhammer is on a distinguished road

I appreciate the quick response, yes I studied that website alot but I guessed I skipped over some stuff. Do u think the uplan is sufficient in teaching me enough hebrew or do u suggest I get a head start to better my chances, I can read and write, I just don't know what I'm reading or writing haha
Old 08-09-2010, 09:49 PM
Dragon

HideNSeek is on a distinguished road

The more you know beforehand the better.
Old 08-10-2010, 02:01 AM
Zatoichi
PhotobucketPhotobucket

rafi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebrewhammer View Post
I appreciate the quick response, yes I studied that website alot but I guessed I skipped over some stuff. Do u think the uplan is sufficient in teaching me enough hebrew or do u suggest I get a head start to better my chances, I can read and write, I just don't know what I'm reading or writing haha
Use the internet. Listen to the news every hour. Find the station that has it in easy hebrew to start.

Download the newspaper. You can buy onthe internet books written for learners of hebrew that aren't written for children.

Hebrew is the key to the IDF. The ulpan is going to teach you things that might not pick up in the civilian world. But it is not designed to make you a hebrew speaker and reader.
Old 08-10-2010, 04:46 AM
Dragon

Forums_Addict is on a distinguished road

As well as Rafi's good advice I would also state a good way is to get into conversation now.

If your synagogue has a Hebrew conversation group then join that.

If, like here in the UK, there are social groups that meet up with people with all levels of language knowledge, then join that. The ones here meet in bars, groups of people, and as far as possible they carry out conversations in Hebrew, helping each other, and it is surprising how much can be learnt just chatting to people in the language. It is also a social thing as you are making new friends. Some of the more fluent speakers may even have followed the route you are about to take.

Movies and programmes with English subtitles may help, and although the translation cannot be guaranteed you will soon be able to tie-up the Hebrew with the English, and also get a feel for the pronounciation.

Old 08-10-2010, 04:37 PM
Dragon

grgnkat is on a distinguished road

Hebrew is not easy for me at least.

A good book to learn to read hebrew is "Teach Yourself to Read Hebrew" by Simon & Anderson.

You can learn to read Hebrew with out knowing what you are saying. Hebrew is not like English where you have to know what you are saying before you can read it.

Hebrew has a lot of words not in the english lanquage some thing simple like Shalom, there is no english translation for because it could mean several things.

You got some good advice try a Synagogue see if the Rabbi is teaching conversational Hebrew. The more you are exposed to Hebrew the easier it will come, so try a little bit of everything, Radio TV Newspapers Youtube.

Good luck and Shalom
Old 08-11-2010, 05:56 AM

Hebrewhammer is on a distinguished road

Thanks everyone for the very helpful responses. I will get started right away. I cannot wait to serve the homeland and do my part.
Old 08-11-2010, 06:02 AM
Dragon

Forums_Addict is on a distinguished road

There are so many that would absolutely love to be in your shoes. It is a wonderful opportunity for you.

Be well, be strong, be safe and be happy.

Old 09-13-2011, 07:50 AM

Vincent is on a distinguished road

Hi to all.
Sorry guys i don't have any idea about it because i am new comer in this forum. I think you should contact any doctor and saw him your profile hope you will tell you better than me.