Israel Military Forum

Welcome to the Israel Military Forum. You are currently viewing our Israel Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, Image Forum and access our other features. By joining our Israel Military Forum you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so
Join Our Israel Community Today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Go Back   Israel Military Forum > General > Movies, Music & Games Forum > Music
Register FAQ Pictures Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2011, 10:32 PM

lobofrisco is on a distinguished road
Default Video: When America Was Strong and Normal

Watch this video from 1953. This was when things in America were much better and people were happier. What went wrong?

Old 02-18-2011, 07:37 PM
Gold Member

Little Rock is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobofrisco View Post
Watch this video from 1953. This was when things in America were much better and people were happier. What went wrong?

Shalom.

Perhaps too many people and their elected leaders have turned away from God? The same thing is happening in Canada.

Peter
Old 02-18-2011, 11:29 PM
Retired
Photobucket

odie072 is on a distinguished road

Little Rock is correct. They're no more values and morals in this country. One of the best examples I can think of is the Pro-Choice movements battlecry: "Keep your laws off my body." Another, the country music singer, Aaron Tipton's song, "You have to stand for something, or you'll fall for anything.

We cannot impose a moral code anymore, because it will offend someone's right to express themselves.

One of those songs that means a lot, but doesn't get a lot of airtime, because it steps on toes.

But, no truer words have ever been spoken.

odie
That might of been the sad end of the story. But Nemo refused to give in without a fight. Ignoring his serious head wound, the 85 pound dog threw himself at the Vietcong guerrillas who had opened fire. Nemo's ferocious attack brought Thorneburg the time he needed to call in backup forces.

Although severely wounded, Nemo crawled to his master and covered him with his body.
Old 02-18-2011, 11:35 PM
Retired
Photobucket

Another:

Times aren't simple anymore.

odie
That might of been the sad end of the story. But Nemo refused to give in without a fight. Ignoring his serious head wound, the 85 pound dog threw himself at the Vietcong guerrillas who had opened fire. Nemo's ferocious attack brought Thorneburg the time he needed to call in backup forces.

Although severely wounded, Nemo crawled to his master and covered him with his body.
Old 02-18-2011, 11:45 PM
Retired
Photobucket

One more, and this is a little off the main line, but it speaks to the simple values, maybe not exactly right at all times, but good hearted,

I've posted this one here before:

Dang, gonna havta break out a cold one now.

odie

Old 02-19-2011, 07:16 AM
Gold Member

Little Rock is on a distinguished road

Shalom.

Odie, a great adage that I read somewhere in the long distant past says, "If you aim at nothing you are bound to hit it."

Cheers from Peter
Old 02-19-2011, 06:54 PM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

Knaur is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobofrisco View Post
I am not an expert and for starters I do believe America is still an awesome nation, and in a much more powerful position than it was in '53. If I had to choose one thing that has gone totally wrong there in the last half century, it'd be dumbing down and liberalization of education at the high school level. The focus seems to have shifted from core subjects to humanities.

Why is it that on June 4th 1967 I was a Jordanian and overnight I became a Palestinian? - Walid Shoebat, PLO terrorist
Old 02-19-2011, 08:28 PM
Retired
Photobucket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knaur View Post
I am not an expert and for starters I do believe America is still an awesome nation, and in a much more powerful position than it was in '53. If I had to choose one thing that has gone totally wrong there in the last half century, it'd be dumbing down and liberalization of education at the high school level. The focus seems to have shifted from core subjects to humanities.

Precisely, "core subjects," our basic American history, Founding Fathers intent and then the Academic(Math, Geography, Economics, English). Why can't the children who want to pray, go to the back or front of the class, separate from the ones who don't want to participate? Which the freedom of religion doesn't mean I cannot exercise Judaism or Christianity, the State just couldn't say, "this will be your religion and this is the way you must practice it," think Church of England 15th-18th Century:

http://www.usconstitution.net/const.html#Am1

Amendment 1 - Freedom of Religion, Press, Expression. Ratified 12/15/1791. Note
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

We have let the Ultra Liberal establishment adulterating that. If you don't want to see the Star of David or the Cross, than don't look that way. If you don't want to hear me say a pray on the street corner, put your hands over your ears. It takes just as much rights for me to close my mouth as it does for you to close your ears.

And humanities, why Religion is outdated and evolution is king(even though, they go hand in hand(Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind. Albert Einstein, I've never read where G_d said the world and mankind wouldn't evolve, when did G_d say he would stop creating?), why we shouldn't expect people to have values and morals, because it invades their right to express themselves.

But, your right Education and the breakdown of the Family Values is the problem, but we still are the best Country in the World(yes, I'm partisan), just don't have a Government worth a crap at the moment.

odie

Old 02-19-2011, 10:35 PM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

Quote:
Originally Posted by odie072 View Post
Precisely, "core subjects," our basic American history, Founding Fathers intent and then the Academic(Math, Geography, Economics, English).

odie
Yes, that sort of curriculum seems to have taken a back seat. I meant the academic part really, the syllabus's look to have been made easier to ensure everyone passes, its like catering to the lowest common denominator. There appears to be more focus on non-academic activities, when I talk to high school kids from America online, most of them seem to have lack of ambition and knowledge compared to the previous generation. In contrast, the Chinese and Indian kids do seem to have better (at least theoretical) knowledge and more focused approach.

Not being critical, but I do believe a common sense approach to pre-Masters level education with stress on calculus, algebra, geometry, sciences, reading and basic social science is likely to be more realistic and productive to a society than ethnic studies, feminist studies, environmental awareness, art and craft and other such estoric subjects etc. for example. The late unlamented USSR was a good ex. of this, a nation screwed up in all other regards but the public education system, which was free, competitive and sensible did produce engineers, scientists, inventors and linguists in hordes despite the general lack of opportunity.

Quote:
We have let the Ultra Liberal establishment adulterating that. If you don't want to see the Star of David or the Cross, than don't look that way. If you don't want to hear me say a pray on the street corner, put your hands over your ears. It takes just as much rights for me to close my mouth as it does for you to close your ears.

If a conservative doesn't like guns, he doesn't buy one.
If a liberal doesn't like guns, he wants all guns outlawed.

If a conservative is a vegetarian, he doesn't eat meat.
If a liberal is a vegetarian, he wants all meat products banned for everyone.

If a conservative sees a foreign threat, he thinks about how to defeat his enemy.
A liberal wonders how to surrender gracefully and still look good.

If a conservative is homosexual, he quietly leads his life.
If a liberal is homosexual, he demands legislated respect.

If a black man or Hispanic are conservative, they see themselves as independently successful.
Their liberal counterparts see themselves as victims in need of government protection.

If a conservative is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his situation.
A liberal wonders who is going to take care of him.

If a conservative doesn't like a talk show host, he switches the channels.
Liberals demand that those they don't like be shut down.

If a conservative is a non-believer, he doesn't go to church.
A liberal non-believer wants any mention of God and religion silenced (unless it's foreign religion, of course!).

If a conservative decides he needs health care, he goes out shopping for it, or may choose a job that provides it.
A liberal demands that the rest of us pay for his.

If a conservative slips and falls in a store, he gets up, laughs, and is embarrassed.
If a liberal slips and falls, he grabs his neck, moans like he's in labor and then sues.

If a conservative reads this, he'll forward it to his friends so they can have a good laugh.
A liberal will delete it because he's "offended."

Why is it that on June 4th 1967 I was a Jordanian and overnight I became a Palestinian? - Walid Shoebat, PLO terrorist
Old 02-19-2011, 11:35 PM
Retired
Photobucket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knaur View Post
Yes, that sort of curriculum seems to have taken a back seat. I meant the academic part really, the syllabus's look to have been made easier to ensure everyone passes, its like catering to the lowest common denominator. There appears to be more focus on non-academic activities, when I talk to high school kids from America online, most of them seem to have lack of ambition and knowledge compared to the previous generation. In contrast, the Chinese and Indian kids do seem to have better (at least theoretical) knowledge and more focused approach.

Not being critical, but I do believe a common sense approach to pre-Masters level education with stress on calculus, algebra, geometry, sciences, reading and basic social science is likely to be more realistic and productive to a society than ethnic studies, feminist studies, environmental awareness, art and craft and other such estoric subjects etc. for example. The late unlamented USSR was a good ex. of this, a nation screwed up in all other regards but the public education system, which was free, competitive and sensible did produce engineers, scientists, inventors and linguists in hordes despite the general lack of opportunity.

If a conservative doesn't like guns, he doesn't buy one.
If a liberal doesn't like guns, he wants all guns outlawed.

If a conservative is a vegetarian, he doesn't eat meat.
If a liberal is a vegetarian, he wants all meat products banned for everyone.

If a conservative sees a foreign threat, he thinks about how to defeat his enemy.
A liberal wonders how to surrender gracefully and still look good.

If a conservative is homosexual, he quietly leads his life.
If a liberal is homosexual, he demands legislated respect.

If a black man or Hispanic are conservative, they see themselves as independently successful.
Their liberal counterparts see themselves as victims in need of government protection.

If a conservative is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his situation.
A liberal wonders who is going to take care of him.

If a conservative doesn't like a talk show host, he switches the channels.
Liberals demand that those they don't like be shut down.

If a conservative is a non-believer, he doesn't go to church.
A liberal non-believer wants any mention of God and religion silenced (unless it's foreign religion, of course!).

If a conservative decides he needs health care, he goes out shopping for it, or may choose a job that provides it.
A liberal demands that the rest of us pay for his.

If a conservative slips and falls in a store, he gets up, laughs, and is embarrassed.
If a liberal slips and falls, he grabs his neck, moans like he's in labor and then sues.

If a conservative reads this, he'll forward it to his friends so they can have a good laugh.
A liberal will delete it because he's "offended."
Spot on sir, Spot on, with one little exception:

Your quote:

I always get up and start looking around, then I tell people to watch out for the little Gnome that just tripped me!

Very well said.

odie

Old 02-20-2011, 08:19 AM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

Quote:
Originally Posted by odie072 View Post
Spot on sir, Spot on, with one little exception:

Your quote:

I always get up and start looking around, then I tell people to watch out for the little Gnome that just tripped me!

Very well said.

odie
Cheers bud Can't claim it to be original though, I got it in an e-mail.

Old 02-28-2011, 07:34 AM

paul.chewe is on a distinguished road

Video: When America Was Strong and Normal
America is making us sick and worried with what is happening to her . The problem is they have taken God out of their daily life. I pray Israel makes no mistake on this. Israel is so dear to most of us.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:02 AM

GMB is on a distinguished road

I hope you guys realise that the threadstarter is correct. You are on your own because the Americans have gone crazy. Almost all that is good in this world can be found in American culture. But Australians, Israelis and taxpaying Americans must go forward on the basis that Washington is enemy occupied territory.

If American leadership leadership is giving you static remember they don't represent your average American, who would defend his family from the back of a pickup truck.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:12 AM

GMB is on a distinguished road

I tried to pass off a youtube but the system said I hadn't posted enough. Here it is in non-url form. Remember not to hate the Americans. Its only those jerks in Washington and the shadow government. youtube.comwatch?v=yTwUpkEK6yk
Israel Forum