Israel Military Forum

Welcome to the Israel Military Forum. You are currently viewing our Israel Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, Image Forum and access our other features. By joining our Israel Military Forum you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so
Join Our Israel Community Today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Go Back   Israel Military Forum > General > Sports
Register FAQ Pictures Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sports Sports news from around the world.

Old 01-30-2013, 12:03 AM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

scelli is on a distinguished road
Default Scammer Sends Note In Place Of Super Bowl Tickets

Sorry, but these folks really should have known better. P.T. Barnum's infamous quote lives on!

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/201...-bowl-tickets/

Old 01-30-2013, 11:06 AM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

Knaur is on a distinguished road

I had a "mate", not too bright, who persists in sending money to his "Nigerian" girlfriend he met on the internet He believes she is a Good Christian who ll come to NZ "soon"

I attempted to explain to him once but he got ****ed off at me, oh well, good riddance!

The folks at Western Union tried to get him to send money in a way that requires the receiver to show ID, but that wouldn't be convenient for his gf as she got mugged apparently

A fool and his money etc. etc.

Nice touch at the end, Go Ravens

The scammer is rather dumb in sending an envelope too, suspect the return address would be fake but fingerprints, witnesses at the post office etc. might be there.

If I'd been cheated out of 6k, I'd throw in another 6k to track down the scammer by any means possible (private detectives, IT whizkids) etc. and make him regret it.
It is absolutely true in war, were other things equal, that numbers, whether men, shells, bombs, etc, would be supreme. Yet it is also absolutely true that other things are never equal and can never be equal - Maj.Gen. J. F. C. Fuller

At that time, I will search out and destroy all of the nations who have come against Jerusalem - Zechariah 12:9

Last edited by Knaur; 01-30-2013 at 11:11 AM..
Old 01-30-2013, 12:09 PM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

Hehe, JUST got talking to my landlord, the old idiom strikes again!

I told him when changing power companies, don't go for joining credit promised by the doorknocker, you have nothing in writing, the company you are shifting to is the worst in NZ, I work in the bloody Acquistion/Retention team for a govt. electricity retailer so I know what am talking about but noooooo!

Now he wants me to talk to the new retailer about the higher bills, no credit and the promised prompt payment discount not received.

The fact that they refused to talk to him because he is registered as MRS. Singh and demanded an ID, and that he doesn't speak English well after years in NZ is just icing on the cake.

I don't know whether to feel sorry for him or laugh.
It is absolutely true in war, were other things equal, that numbers, whether men, shells, bombs, etc, would be supreme. Yet it is also absolutely true that other things are never equal and can never be equal - Maj.Gen. J. F. C. Fuller

At that time, I will search out and destroy all of the nations who have come against Jerusalem - Zechariah 12:9
Old 01-30-2013, 02:27 PM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

Quote:
Originally Posted by scelli View Post
Sorry, but these folks really should have known better. P.T. Barnum's infamous quote lives on!

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/201...-bowl-tickets/
Here's a follow-up to this story. Yup, let's reward stupidity so these morons don't feel bad about themselves and thus have a negative self-image:

http://www.mercurynews.com/southbayf...hful-scammed-5

Old 01-30-2013, 08:40 PM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

People feel naturally sympathetic for others not so bright, just got done sorting out the landlord's power account

As for these guys, wait for a couple days, I won't be surprised if the whole plot was their scheme, oh yes am one of the sceptical types

Old 01-30-2013, 08:54 PM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knaur View Post
People feel naturally sympathetic for others not so bright, just got done sorting out the landlord's power account

As for these guys, wait for a couple days, I won't be surprised if the whole plot was their scheme, oh yes am one of the sceptical types
That's been mentioned by more than a few people on the forum site where I found this sordid little tale. It's also been broached that anyone who has $6,000 to throw away on Super Bowl tickets shouldn't garner very much sympathy from the average American working schmuck. Of course, this is all occurring in San Francisco and that doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

Old 01-30-2013, 08:59 PM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

Ah yes San Fran, in the words of an ex-US Army Corporal, "Christ, I wish we'd just cut off California and let it float away from the rest of America" He was also the originator of one of my other fave quotes, as said to a Mother Russia-Screw USA type commie, " Jesus, I miss the time we used to have thousands of nukes pointed at your ****ty messed up country"

Old 01-31-2013, 02:02 AM
Zatoichi
PhotobucketPhotobucket

New Ron is on a distinguished road

Ive always found the price to the super bowl events to be outrageous. I mean spending $2000 or more on a game....and the amount of money these players get is also outrageous. I cant feel sorry for such dumb people who would even consider paying $6000 on two superbowl tickets, they got scammed so easily kinda shows their level of IQ if you ask me.

"If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence.. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel."
~ Golda Meir~

Old 01-31-2013, 04:03 AM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

I'v lost much interest in big events there's just so much money involved and so less sporting spirit.

Old 01-31-2013, 07:19 PM
Zatoichi
PhotobucketPhotobucket

New Ron is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knaur View Post
I'v lost much interest in big events there's just so much money involved and so less sporting spirit.
I hear you. And when they arent spending ludicrous amounts openly, someone is "fixing" a game or event for themselves. Like what we learnt of Qatar recently how they apparently paid off even the French to get themselves the 2022 FIFA world cup.

"If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence.. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel."
~ Golda Meir~

Old 01-31-2013, 07:35 PM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Ron View Post
I hear you. And when they arent spending ludicrous amounts openly, someone is "fixing" a game or event for themselves. Like what we learnt of Qatar recently how they apparently paid off even the French to get themselves the 2022 FIFA world cup.
or cricket, remember Pakistan losing to Ireland and their coach dying the same day, suspicious as much! I liked it better when it was a 5 day game with tea breaks and something to watch classic strokes on lazy summer days, not this hit and giggle crap with matches being fixed, players doping etc. etc.

Israel Forum