Israel Military Forum

Welcome to the Israel Military Forum. You are currently viewing our Israel Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, Image Forum and access our other features. By joining our Israel Military Forum you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so
Join Our Israel Community Today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Go Back   Israel Military Forum > Israel National security > Army Related Forum
Register FAQ Pictures Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Army Related Forum Topics about the Israeli armed forces, special forces, tanks, apc's, guns etc + world armies.

Old 07-08-2014, 08:36 PM

United I Stand is on a distinguished road
Default Idf

I'm a non Jewish American Christian citizen and prior Navy vet. I was interested in joining the IDF. Is that even a possibly?
Old 07-08-2014, 10:15 PM
Dragon
Photobucket

Paparock is on a distinguished road
Smile Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by United I Stand View Post
I'm a non Jewish American Christian citizen and prior Navy vet. I was interested in joining the IDF. Is that even a possibly?
Welcome, United I Stand! I have been where you are.

First check out Thinking of joining the IDF ?- http://israelmilitary.net/showthread.php?t=15369

Also Rafi is the expert on the IDF here but know this, joining the IDF as a non-Jew is a very challenging task. I know and I also know with 40 years of experience that there are many things we non-Jews can do to support Israel. So hang in there be patient and look into all possibilities! I am prior US Army.
The LORD lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace.

Asymmetric Warfare It’s not just for the “Other Guys”

Old 07-09-2014, 01:46 PM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

Knaur is on a distinguished road

The short answer I am afraid IMH experience has been, No.

However you may serve Israel in several other meaningful ways.

Why is it that on June 4th 1967 I was a Jordanian and overnight I became a Palestinian? - Walid Shoebat, PLO terrorist

Last edited by Knaur; 07-09-2014 at 01:50 PM..
Old 07-09-2014, 05:40 PM

United I Stand is on a distinguished road

Thank both of u for the quick response. I am prior EOD (MU-3) and really miss my time served. I'll def look into the info. The Holy Land sure could use a fine squid or soldier right now.

God bless,
Old 07-09-2014, 07:14 PM
Dragon
Photobucket

Paparock is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up We all have to fight the good fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by United I Stand View Post
Thank both of u for the quick response. I am prior EOD (MU-3) and really miss my time served. I'll def look into the info. The Holy Land sure could use a fine squid or soldier right now.

God bless,
I understand your sentiment as I exited out of the US Army in Feb. 1973 before the Yom Kippur War.

Like I say there are many ways to support Israel as you see me doing here. Don't become discouraged and give up! Every Army needs many more supporting it than those on the tip of the spear! It may not seem as glamorous but those men on that tip of the spear greatly appreciate it believe me! Perhaps you can start an organization to supplement the gear the Israeli soldiers in the field need to make their daily life safer or better in different ways. Israel is a small nation with finite resources so such things are always greatly appreciated by soldiers in the field. A simple multi-tool, an individual or upgraded range finder, or Kestrel Wind Meter can make a real difference in the field for soldiers. There are such groups that have formed to give such aid to American soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan such as Adopt-a-Sniper. There are as many ways as there are people so glad you joined the forum and good luck! I have supported the below organiztion for years as they have an Adopt-a-Sniper program.

The LORD lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace.

Asymmetric Warfare It’s not just for the “Other Guys”

Last edited by Paparock; 07-09-2014 at 07:25 PM..
Old 07-11-2014, 04:28 AM
Zatoichi
PhotobucketPhotobucket

rafi is on a distinguished road

As you have discovered by now, while your feelings are greatly appreciated, uniformed service for Israel is not a possibilty.

If you are ever inclined, there are civilian support groups that work within IDF bases, via program called Sar-El. I can personally recommend it, as I have worked with Sar-El groups during my own processing and discharge from reserves. A great program - you sleep on the base and work almost 24/7 with soldiers.

But I will be frank - other than late at night, some guy pulling the clip and firing mechanism from a weapon and allowing you to hold for a photo op is as close as you will get to any weapon during your stay.

Rafi
Old 09-09-2014, 06:10 PM

175SMK is on a distinguished road

Well then what supportive measures can Americans perform to assist the IDF and the promotion of continued good relations??? I sense a lot of anti-American sentiment on this forum unfortunately. A bit upsetting actually as I thought our peoples were allies in the common cause against radicalism and the promotion of civility and self-determination.

I would like to help out in some concrete way, not some token means. Are there any Israeli-American Friendship organizations to get involved with????

I mean beyond disseminating honest information to the American public and debating against erroneous propaganda, what can Americans do to help????

I realize our government has been hijacked by corporate interests, but not all Americans are mindless, lazy, POS.
Old 09-10-2014, 12:16 PM
Zatoichi
PhotobucketPhotobucket

rafi is on a distinguished road

I think there is some dissapointment in the recent directions of our government as opposed to "anti-American" sentiments.

We have many veterans here, for the US I mean, and not one of them has any patience for threats or concerns from abroad.

Internal, amongst the family if you will, we all critcize, but I do not think a poster would last 1 hour on this board raising a real anti-American cry.
Old 09-10-2014, 03:29 PM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

scelli is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafi View Post
I think there is some dissapointment in the recent directions of our government as opposed to "anti-American" sentiments.

We have many veterans here, for the US I mean, and not one of them has any patience for threats or concerns from abroad.

Inernal, amongst the family if you will, we all critcize, but I do not think a poster would last 1 hour on this board raising a real anti-American cry.
My sentiments verbatim...

Israel Forum