Israel Military Forum

Welcome to the Israel Military Forum. You are currently viewing our Israel Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, Image Forum and access our other features. By joining our Israel Military Forum you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so
Join Our Israel Community Today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Go Back   Israel Military Forum > Israel National security > Physical Fitness
Register FAQ Pictures Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Physical Fitness your guide to physical fitness, training methods

Old 04-25-2012, 02:09 PM
Dragon

ishmael is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knaur View Post
I had the same problem, so I swapped the beer for whiskey
I hope it was single malts!
Old 04-26-2012, 12:59 AM
Dragon

Archangel is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cute_assassin View Post
I had that problem too after college, kind of a beer belly, but I took on chin ups,lunges and lateral bridge and crunches (preceded by a 60sec sprint on the treadmill). I worked 2-1-2 (2 days exercise, one day off). Was back in shape in about 3 months. But apart from this I also worked the weights.

Another usefull exercise in this is jumping jacks combined with crunches again with a sprint on the treadmill for 60sec.

Superman is a good one but I dont really like it for weight loss, until I feel the burn and the heart racing, nothing else cuts it out for me, and those 2 factors IMO are pivotal for weight loss.
So what did you use in place of the Superman exercise?
Old 04-26-2012, 03:27 AM
Dragon

cute_assassin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
So what did you use in place of the Superman exercise?
nothing, mainly my cardio started with normal warm ups and either elliptical or treadmill for 20min. Then jumping jacks, lateral bridge, followed by 60sec. sprint and crunches (alt. between V crunch and normal).

2min rest, and total of 4 sets.

The things that work most on reducing fat from obliques are upper back exercises and/or losing lower belly fat.

And needless to say the crunches no matter how many you do, need to be in proper form, the breathing should be coordinated, hold the motion, and concentrate the muscles of the area you want to exercise. Neck and thighs should not come into play with any kind of strain.

Those who can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin

The basic test of freedom is perhaps less in what we are free to do than in what we are free not to do. It is the freedom to refrain, withdraw and abstain which makes a totalitarian regime impossible. - Eric Hoffer

Today its a new beginning!
Old 04-26-2012, 03:36 AM
Dragon

Knaur is on a distinguished road

Quote:
hehe, I wonder what you would've done had there been protein beer shakes of sorts
http://buffproteinbeer.com/
Old 04-26-2012, 03:38 AM
Dragon

Knaur is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishmael View Post
I hope it was single malts!
Can't be single, they are committed to me!

With every Manhattan
Your stomach will flatten
If pounds you would burn off
Then turn on your Smirnoff
Old 04-26-2012, 03:47 AM
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knaur View Post
holy $hit dude........ I'm speechless.
If you ever were running as a sports or health minister, you'd have my vote :)

Those who can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin

The basic test of freedom is perhaps less in what we are free to do than in what we are free not to do. It is the freedom to refrain, withdraw and abstain which makes a totalitarian regime impossible. - Eric Hoffer

Old 04-26-2012, 03:51 AM
Dragon

Quote:
nothing, mainly my cardio started with normal warm ups and either elliptical or treadmill for 20min. Then jumping jacks, lateral bridge, followed by 60sec. sprint and crunches (alt. between V crunch and normal).

2min rest, and total of 4 sets.

The things that work most on reducing fat from obliques are upper back exercises and/or losing lower belly fat.

And needless to say the crunches no matter how many you do, need to be in proper form, the breathing should be coordinated, hold the motion, and concentrate the muscles of the area you want to exercise. Neck and thighs should not come into play with any kind of strain.
So I assume that with the breathing, on contraction of the muscles, with knees and chest becoming closer that would be the exhale, or would it be inhale and then hold for "maximum pump" (That's what Arnold calls it.)?
Old 04-26-2012, 04:26 AM
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
So I assume that with the breathing, on contraction of the muscles, with knees and chest becoming closer that would be the exhale, or would it be inhale and then hold for "maximum pump" (That's what Arnold calls it.)?
With abs its always opposite to the other exercises, like shoulder press, when you are lifting and going for the burn in the muscles you inhale deeply and exhale on the way back but for abs, exhale when crunching and contracting the muscles.

And always breathe real deep through your nose only.

Old 04-26-2012, 06:03 PM
Dragon

Ahh ic. I'll practice that. I'm all about good technique. Thanks for the info.
Old 04-27-2012, 01:16 AM
Dragon

your welcome :)

and now as Ronnie Coleman would say, "Shut up and squat"!!

Israel Forum