Israel Military Forum

Welcome to the Israel Military Forum. You are currently viewing our Israel Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, Image Forum and access our other features. By joining our Israel Military Forum you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so
Join Our Israel Community Today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Go Back   Israel Military Forum > General > General chat
Register FAQ Pictures Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General chat General discussion unrelated to above forums, jokes etc.

Old 07-25-2011, 02:59 AM
Retired
Photobucket

odie072 is on a distinguished road

Thanks to each and everyone of you!

odie
That might of been the sad end of the story. But Nemo refused to give in without a fight. Ignoring his serious head wound, the 85 pound dog threw himself at the Vietcong guerrillas who had opened fire. Nemo's ferocious attack brought Thorneburg the time he needed to call in backup forces.

Although severely wounded, Nemo crawled to his master and covered him with his body.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:33 AM
Zatoichi
PhotobucketPhotobucket

johnboy is on a distinguished road

prayer is a wonderful thing
thank God for using his healing arms in the time of need
Old 07-25-2011, 01:47 PM
Dragon

janetnjohn is on a distinguished road

thank G-d!! well done Odie! lets keep this thread going for more prayers to be said for those in need of a touch from G-d

I have set watchmen upon thy walls, O Jerusalem, which shall never hold their peace day nor night: ye that make mention of the LORD, keep not silence,

"I ask then, has God rejected His people? By no means! God has not rejected His people whom He foreknew. For the gifts and call of God are irrevocable."
(Romans 11:1,2,29)
Old 11-10-2011, 09:12 PM
Dragon

Archangel is on a distinguished road

Unfortunately, I have a prayer request. I am in the middle of a personal "Egypt" (I know you jewish guys know what that means.).

Spiritually and financially, there seems to be no way out (Yet I know within there must be a way out), seems "desolate" and "unfruitful". A place in life that you know you just can't stay here forever.

Today I find myself too spiritually tired to quit and too spiritually tired to admit defeat. I just can't give up. Gotta find a way to push forward and step into a personal and spiritual promised land that will fulfill the will of God.
Old 11-10-2011, 11:14 PM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

Knaur is on a distinguished road

May G-d aid your endeavours this day, and every day, to attain that degree of perfection in all your pursuits and undertakings, that you may feel conscious of His guidance, and not be led to give to yourself the praise which is due to Him alone. Endow you, I beseech Him, with the spirit of wisdom and judgment, that descending from the inexhaustible fountain of wisdom, you might not cease to act worthily of the teaching of thy Heavenly Father. May your entire dependence upon Him fill you with confidence and humility, so that resting in His wonderful love, and constant, though invisible care, you may not only be His now, but for ever and ever. Amen.

In my veins runs the blood of the poets and wise men of old, and it is my desire to come to you and receive, but I shall not come with empty hands - Kahlil Gibran
Old 11-11-2011, 08:29 AM
Dragon

may the Lord bless you and keep you, may He make His face to shine down upon you and give you peace. May you be blessed in all your ways, may rivers of living waters flow out of you and change the very atmosphere around you. know that the living God will never leave you nor forsake you and that He upholds you with His righteous right hand. Lord, bless our brother warrior, our brother in the good fight against evil tyranny. Pour your Spirit out upon him and shelter him in the shadow of your wings.

remember that the Lord supplies all your needs from His richness in glory, only believe and it will be done according to your faith.

I have set watchmen upon thy walls, O Jerusalem, which shall never hold their peace day nor night: ye that make mention of the LORD, keep not silence,

"I ask then, has God rejected His people? By no means! God has not rejected His people whom He foreknew. For the gifts and call of God are irrevocable."
Old 11-15-2011, 06:38 PM
Dragon

Well, God talks. I always try to keep my ears open. I stumbled across this by pure "coincidence".

"Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable." -- General George S. Patton

While I have tried to do so, I have felt for some time that my hands have been tied, unable to do much of anything to further my own life, liberty and pursuit of happiness, guided by God's commandments and statutes.

Recently my ultimate goal has been over time to own both a steel mill and a machine shop of a decently good size. I want to be at the source, I want to help get America's infrastructure up and running again. Unfortunately, I'm not sure what I would face, nor how to find out, or even how to overcome it. On top of all of that, I seriously lack the monetary resources to get it going on a small scale it seems. I probably don't even have enough collateral for a loan to do it, nor would I want one.

Question is, how to do it. I need answers because it seems to be boiling down to money. Always money... Whatever regulations and restrictions I'll face, I can bet it will take money to make the whole idea compliant to the government protection games.

"Those who would give up essential freedoms for a lil temporary safety deserve neither." - Benjamin Franklin

"The Declaration of Independence guarantees the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness but finding it, is up to you." - Benjamin Franklin

I'm just trying to find it. I think answers are coming, just slower than I'd like them to arrive.
Old 11-15-2011, 06:57 PM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

Archangel,

Nobody or no circumstances can defeat you unless you accept from within that you have been defeated. Keep having faith as you do now, the solutions will come even if they take time, meanwhile do not let yourself sink into negativity.

In my veins runs the blood of the poets and wise men of old, and it is my desire to come to you and receive, but I shall not come with empty hands - Kahlil Gibran
Old 11-15-2011, 08:05 PM
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knaur View Post
Archangel,

Nobody or no circumstances can defeat you unless you accept from within that you have been defeated. Keep having faith as you do now, the solutions will come even if they take time, meanwhile do not let yourself sink into negativity.
I hear ya. I'm just thankful for any answer I can get from God.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:23 AM
Dragon

He will answer, He always does just not in the way we expect. but He never leaves us nor forsakes us. keep the faith and stay strong for He is the G-d that supplies all of our needs from His richness in Glory

Old 11-16-2011, 12:43 PM
Dragon

cute_assassin is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
Well, God talks. I always try to keep my ears open. I stumbled across this by pure "coincidence".

"Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable." -- General George S. Patton

While I have tried to do so, I have felt for some time that my hands have been tied, unable to do much of anything to further my own life, liberty and pursuit of happiness, guided by God's commandments and statutes.

Recently my ultimate goal has been over time to own both a steel mill and a machine shop of a decently good size. I want to be at the source, I want to help get America's infrastructure up and running again. Unfortunately, I'm not sure what I would face, nor how to find out, or even how to overcome it. On top of all of that, I seriously lack the monetary resources to get it going on a small scale it seems. I probably don't even have enough collateral for a loan to do it, nor would I want one.

Question is, how to do it. I need answers because it seems to be boiling down to money. Always money... Whatever regulations and restrictions I'll face, I can bet it will take money to make the whole idea compliant to the government protection games.

"Those who would give up essential freedoms for a lil temporary safety deserve neither." - Benjamin Franklin

"The Declaration of Independence guarantees the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness but finding it, is up to you." - Benjamin Franklin

I'm just trying to find it. I think answers are coming, just slower than I'd like them to arrive.
AA I may be a little outta line, please forgive me if I am.. But business/monetary decisions should not be made on nationalistic feelings.. No matter how good your intentions are, but having a steel mill in US doesn't make much monetary sense when the same product can be made overseas at much less of the cost.. Unless you are making steel of a different quality/formulation than found overseas it just won't be a viable business entity.
Perhaps why don't you try be a part of the globalized world and look for oppurtunities exporting stuff from US that other countries buy... I read of a company in GA that is mking millions selling chopsticks to China, that r made in the US...

Also you can look into metal painting/galvanizing business... Much of the contracts for those come from the military and is good money.

Even if you do not have personal funds to set up the business, you can alsways look for VCs or angel investors who might be interested in your project.

Also you being a part of this group.. A group of is who believe in the same thing... Freedom, and I know if not everybody here expresses it but we all wish the best for all of us the very best in their endaveours!

Those who can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin

The basic test of freedom is perhaps less in what we are free to do than in what we are free not to do. It is the freedom to refrain, withdraw and abstain which makes a totalitarian regime impossible. - Eric Hoffer

Today its a new beginning!
Old 11-18-2011, 05:33 PM
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cute_assassin View Post
AA I may be a little outta line, please forgive me if I am.. But business/monetary decisions should not be made on nationalistic feelings.. No matter how good your intentions are, but having a steel mill in US doesn't make much monetary sense when the same product can be made overseas at much less of the cost.. Unless you are making steel of a different quality/formulation than found overseas it just won't be a viable business entity.
Perhaps why don't you try be a part of the globalized world and look for oppurtunities exporting stuff from US that other countries buy... I read of a company in GA that is mking millions selling chopsticks to China, that r made in the US...

Also you can look into metal painting/galvanizing business... Much of the contracts for those come from the military and is good money.

Even if you do not have personal funds to set up the business, you can alsways look for VCs or angel investors who might be interested in your project.

Also you being a part of this group.. A group of is who believe in the same thing... Freedom, and I know if not everybody here expresses it but we all wish the best for all of us the very best in their endaveours!

I'll play Herman Cain today. :) I understand your concern but I don't think you understand what I'm doing here in it's entirety. Given that business is business, I'm not gonna tell everything and why. However, I am a thinking person. I like to cross all the T's and dot all lowercase I's and J's.

I am not a big fan of international economy as it is today. As I look through history I have found that greater prosperity is in the way it used to be.

Look at our output here in the US. We are making so few products here that our ability to consume, outweighs our ability to create. Our government has flat out failed to step out of the way and let the American people get to work.

We have given away some of our best ideas for our future to other nations, so much that we now have given to the point of becoming a charity case ourselves. Last time I read a lesson from a Rabbi, doing that, is frowned upon.

We now have too many takers and not enough makers. In the words of Donald Trump, "We're being screwed."

Now if I were seeking marriage advice, I might not consider Donald to be wise counsel. However, in matters of money, his words should not be ignored.

The way it used to be was the way I just mentioned in the lesson I learned from the Rabbi. We secured our ability to create first, then sold what we can to the rest of the world (Like the guy with the chopsticks, he creates right here, irregardless of where he sells.). Many nations in the world did this, and it worked.

On the other side, to do this, I have to be totally financially self-accountable and responsible. It's not enough just to dream, but we should have enough knowledge and wisdom to bring the dream into reality.

The steel mill, would be likely, the very last thing I would build. It is the ultimate goal yes, but a long distance one. Each thing I buy or build, is in a way an investment. Investment of time, money, hope, prayer, faith, etc. The mill would be the most expensive part of it and many years away from being brought into reality. Gotta do this one step at a time.

I am in search of a way to "run the race in such a way as to win the prize."
Old 01-14-2012, 07:49 AM
Dragon

Hi everybody,

my prayer request is for Knaur whose grandpa died this week, may he rest in peace. Please pray for Knaur and his family to know peace during this sad time. Take care buddy.

Father, I ask that you comfort Knaur and his family at this time, pour Your Spirit out upon them and make Your face to shine upon them and give them peace. Heal their broken hearts and let the good memories flood in. Amen.

no one is truly gone as long as they're deep within our hearts and good memories will always bring tears of joy.

John

Old 01-16-2012, 01:08 AM
Retired
Photobucket

odie072 is on a distinguished road

I haven't been around much lately and have missed this thread. All of you are in my prayers everyday. Archangel, Knaur may G_d bless you and keep you close.

odie
That might of been the sad end of the story. But Nemo refused to give in without a fight. Ignoring his serious head wound, the 85 pound dog threw himself at the Vietcong guerrillas who had opened fire. Nemo's ferocious attack brought Thorneburg the time he needed to call in backup forces.

Although severely wounded, Nemo crawled to his master and covered him with his body.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:03 AM
Dragon

same goes for you odie072!! may God bless you and keep you, may He make His face to shine upon you and give you peace

Old 01-23-2012, 04:53 PM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

Thank you JnJ and Odie for your thoughts and prayers.

Old 09-01-2012, 02:11 AM
Zatoichi
PhotobucketPhotobucket

New Ron is on a distinguished road

Please pray for a dear friend of mine, or send good thoughts if you dont pray! She is very ill and I dont normally cry but this might make me! :(

"If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence.. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel."
~ Golda Meir~

Old 09-01-2012, 03:29 AM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

You are mighty, Lord, who brings healing to the sick,
You are great in granting salvation,
providing the living with sustenance, with lovingkindness,
caring for the sick with great mercies,
supporting the fallen, healing the sick,
releasing the captive,
and keeping faith with those who are lost among the living,
Who is like you, Master of mighty acts, and who compares to you,
King who restores health, and causes salvation to sprout,
You who are faithful, comforting the ill among us,
Blessed are You, Lord who heals the sick.

Old 09-01-2012, 03:35 AM
Zatoichi
PhotobucketPhotobucket

New Ron is on a distinguished road

Thank you dear Knaur, God bless you!

"If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence.. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel."
~ Golda Meir~

Old 09-01-2012, 06:03 PM
Dragon

cute_assassin is on a distinguished road

Bad things happen to good people, and that is the saddest part of life. Your friend is in my best of thoughts buddy★

Those who can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin

The basic test of freedom is perhaps less in what we are free to do than in what we are free not to do. It is the freedom to refrain, withdraw and abstain which makes a totalitarian regime impossible. - Eric Hoffer

Today its a new beginning!
Israel Forum