Israel Military Forum

Welcome to the Israel Military Forum. You are currently viewing our Israel Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, Image Forum and access our other features. By joining our Israel Military Forum you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so
Join Our Israel Community Today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Go Back   Israel Military Forum > General > Suggestions, Feedback & Site Updates
Register FAQ Pictures Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Suggestions, Feedback & Site Updates Something you do or don't like? Please let us know.

Old 05-09-2011, 07:09 AM
Retired
Photobucket

odie072 is on a distinguished road

Thanks Knaur, I think! Your Moderatorship?!?! I like that one. Maybe we can get them to change the title??

Thanks for your vote of confidence. I'll do my best, it's more to it than a lot of people think, but, with the crew of Admin and Mods that we have, and the great group of members, this forum can only succeed.

Now, about that picture......................

odie
That might of been the sad end of the story. But Nemo refused to give in without a fight. Ignoring his serious head wound, the 85 pound dog threw himself at the Vietcong guerrillas who had opened fire. Nemo's ferocious attack brought Thorneburg the time he needed to call in backup forces.

Although severely wounded, Nemo crawled to his master and covered him with his body.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:12 AM
Dragon

janetnjohn is on a distinguished road

congrats Odie!!!!! well done!
Knaur, I couldn't admin my own butt with both hands!! so I'll leave this site to those who know what they're doing....it would be a kindness to all!!!!!

I have set watchmen upon thy walls, O Jerusalem, which shall never hold their peace day nor night: ye that make mention of the LORD, keep not silence,

"I ask then, has God rejected His people? By no means! God has not rejected His people whom He foreknew. For the gifts and call of God are irrevocable."
(Romans 11:1,2,29)
Old 05-09-2011, 07:23 AM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

Knaur is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by janetnjohn
congrats Odie!!!!! well done!
Knaur, I couldn't admin my own butt with both hands!!
I know right, no surprises there then

Quote:
Originally Posted by odie072 View Post

Now, about that picture......................

odie
Ah yes, I should have added a definition for the innocent as well, not that ya'll who rough it out in camping without comfort would be unaware of it

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...=wind%20tunnel

That's it, too much, this is going too far and all, OK am out of this thread now

In my veins runs the blood of the poets and wise men of old, and it is my desire to come to you and receive, but I shall not come with empty hands - Kahlil Gibran
Old 05-09-2011, 07:27 AM
Retired
Photobucket

Thanks JnJ!

Knaur, LOL

odie
That might of been the sad end of the story. But Nemo refused to give in without a fight. Ignoring his serious head wound, the 85 pound dog threw himself at the Vietcong guerrillas who had opened fire. Nemo's ferocious attack brought Thorneburg the time he needed to call in backup forces.

Although severely wounded, Nemo crawled to his master and covered him with his body.
Old 05-09-2011, 10:55 AM
Dragon

janetnjohn is on a distinguished road

Knaur! I believe you are extracting the pee put of me!!!! it's a good job I don't have any feelings, honestly!!! you know what they say...where theres no sense , there's no feeling!!

I have set watchmen upon thy walls, O Jerusalem, which shall never hold their peace day nor night: ye that make mention of the LORD, keep not silence,

"I ask then, has God rejected His people? By no means! God has not rejected His people whom He foreknew. For the gifts and call of God are irrevocable."
(Romans 11:1,2,29)
Old 05-17-2011, 04:56 PM
Dragon

grgnkat is on a distinguished road

odie072

MAZEL TOV
Old 05-17-2011, 06:15 PM
Retired
Photobucket

Quote:
Originally Posted by grgnkat View Post
odie072

MAZEL TOV
Toda! ( I believe that means thank you in Hebrew).

odie

Old 05-17-2011, 07:37 PM
Zatoichi
PhotobucketPhotobucket

New Ron is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by odie072 View Post
Toda! ( I believe that means thank you in Hebrew).

odie
Indeed it does Odie

"If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence.. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel."
~ Golda Meir~

Old 05-17-2011, 08:24 PM
Retired
Photobucket

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Ron View Post
Indeed it does Odie
Whew!! Glad to hear that.

odie

Old 05-18-2011, 12:05 AM
Zatoichi
PhotobucketPhotobucket

rafi is on a distinguished road

and the response is "lo davar" which translates best as de nada

Old 05-18-2011, 12:57 AM
Retired
Photobucket

Hebrew and Spanish?? If I can stay here another 20 yrs or so, I may be able to speak one or the other. Lord knows, I speeky enleshh no soo goood!

odie

Old 05-18-2011, 12:54 PM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

Knaur is on a distinguished road

Hshhh you just need to speak it sloweeeer and LOUDER

In my veins runs the blood of the poets and wise men of old, and it is my desire to come to you and receive, but I shall not come with empty hands - Kahlil Gibran
Old 05-18-2011, 06:41 PM
Retired
Photobucket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knaur View Post
Hshhh you just need to speak it sloweeeer and LOUDER
Heck, if I talk any slower, I'll be spelling the words out!
Remember, I'm from Tennessee, and us "Distinguished Southern Gentlemen(say that in your best southern drawl!), have a language of our own!

Shelby Foote is the epitome of the Distinguished Southern Gentlemen:

Note-I didn't post the above link to start a discussion on the Civil War here. If we want to discuss it, we can start a new thread in the appropriate forum. I just thought he was a good example of the language I was talking about. I could listen to him talk all day long!

odie

Old 05-24-2011, 04:11 PM
Dragon

Odie

Yes, toda means thank you in Hebrew.

It’s nice to know for when you visit Israel. It is hard to find some one in Israel who don’t speak at least some English

When you go to a restaurant your waitress will same Shalom and good evening in English to let you know that she speaks Hebrew and English, but it is always nice to say Toda when you are served.

Toda = thank you
Toda raba = many thanks
Ken = yes
Lo=no
Please = bleakish

An old joke, If Elvis had been Jewish, when he finished his concert he would have said toda,toda raba, instead of thank you, thank you very much.

I go to Israel every couple of years with my Temple, we missed this year because too many people were afraid with the unrest in the region. I was willing to go I said it’s been a long time since I have been a good fight but was voted down. We are going to go next Spring.

Another story, Last time we were in Israel we were in the new city of Jerusalem looking for a restaurant when my Rabbi, who is fluent in Hebrew stopped two woman on the street and asked them for directions, they appeared to be Yemenite the way they were dressed, they turned around to the Rabbi and said in English “ we don’t speak Hebrew do you speak English?” They still didn’t know where the restaurant was.
Old 05-24-2011, 06:38 PM
Retired
Photobucket

toda,toda raba!

It is one of my wishes that before I croak, to visit Israel. Should've went when I was in Germany, as military hops were cheap and I'm sure there were some that went to Israel.

Hopefully, after this tough spell is over, I'll be able to go.

Kinda miffed they won't let me bring my AR though!!

odie

Old 05-24-2011, 10:37 PM
Dragon

I would like to take my AR, just put a red dot scope on it, but I think it is a big no no.

If you ever get a chance to go to Israel go. Be sure to visit the Western Wall on Friday evening. My wife is a Christian and she just loves Israel. She goes to her section of the wall and I go to the men's section. I say my prayers and kiss the wall before I leave. My wife said she said her prayers and kissed the wall.

Don't worry about seeing guns in Israel, it seems that every teenage kid is walking around with one. One Saturday "Shabbat" we ate at a super Kosher hotel and a group of about 50 or so kids came in threw their rifles under the table, then went out to wash their hands. When they came back in they said their prayers and "pigged" out

Guns, mostly M16 & A4 scoped a few bull pup type rifles. I saw one Galil at a border crossing.
Old 05-25-2011, 12:30 AM
Retired
Photobucket

O, I wouldn't feel threatned at all by the IDF with M4's. I was just joking about my M4.

I'm kinda like Tackleberry in the Police Academy movies. If you recall one of the last scenes in the first movie, Tackleberry throws his riot helmet and starts beating his head of the hood of a cruiser. Commandant Lasard(SP?) comes up and says "Here, Here, what's wrong with this officer?" Sweatchuck, who is standing there, patting Tackleberry on the shoulder says, "There was gunplay Sir, and he wasn't involved!" LOL One of my favorite movie scenes.

I wouldn't feel threatened at all, I just wouldn't want to be left out!!

I hope to go one day.

Me:

odie

Old 11-04-2011, 05:56 AM

Nuel is on a distinguished road

hallo all, that my favorite movie........

NUel.
Old 11-04-2011, 05:59 AM

Nuel is on a distinguished road

Odie, Congratulation....do your best..

Nuel
Israel Forum