Israel Military Forum

Welcome to the Israel Military Forum. You are currently viewing our Israel Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, Image Forum and access our other features. By joining our Israel Military Forum you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so
Join Our Israel Community Today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Go Back   Israel Military Forum > Israel National security > Air Force Forum
Register FAQ Pictures Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Air Force Forum Israeli Air force topics, missions and history + air forces from other nations.

Old 09-16-2013, 01:18 PM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

Knaur is on a distinguished road

What, squadron strength? You need to come down to Punjab in that case
A war generating battles is ‘curse’ not ‘mirth’.

At that time, I will search out and destroy all of the nations who have come against Jerusalem - Zechariah 12:9
Old 09-16-2013, 02:57 PM
Gold Member

neilay is on a distinguished road

LOL... by 2016 1 rafale squad is sure my friend...!!

Punjab the land of butter chicken and patiala peg ... man in that case i have to come there even if i win the bet... :P
....◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤
Old 09-17-2013, 03:03 PM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

Ah by 2016, so the bet is still on then. For a moment I thought Rafales have been inducted en masse and I managed to miss out on the news altogether!

At that time, I will search out and destroy all of the nations who have come against Jerusalem - Zechariah 12:9
Old 09-17-2013, 04:18 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knaur View Post
Ah by 2016, so the bet is still on then. For a moment I thought Rafales have been inducted en masse and I managed to miss out on the news altogether!
lol... i wish... but nah...

the deal could have been inked much earlier if not for ToT and HAL - Dassault issues ... but the word is by year ending deal will be inked...and we will purchase 18 rafales off the shelf rest to be made in India...
....◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤

Last edited by neilay; 09-17-2013 at 04:22 PM..
Old 09-18-2013, 12:12 PM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

What's disturbing is that if not for the Indian order, Dassault itself would be in troubled waters as the local French orders have been cut down drastically.

Old 09-23-2013, 01:29 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
What's disturbing is that if not for the Indian order, Dassault itself would be in troubled waters as the local French orders have been cut down drastically.
the french are saying its not reduction... they are just slowing down on production ... so for now they intend to induct 185 rafales of which 110 already inducted ...

may be they are not just awaiting indian orders but also UAE and brazil orders.. which will significantly reduce per unit cost of the aircraft
....◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤
Old 09-23-2013, 01:31 PM
Gold Member

Dassault Meets Key Tender Condition In Indian MMRCA Contract

Dassault is one step closer to signing the MMRCA contract with India after it delivered the first Rafale fighter aircraft in the Lot-4 production to the French Directorate General of Armaments (DGA) last week.

The aircraft is the first of 60 production Rafales, to be delivered with the new Thales RBE2 active electronically scanned array (AESA) radar also fitted with next-generation sensors, the new-generation missile launch detector (DDM NG) and the new front sector optronics “Identification and Telemetry.”

The Indian MMRCA tender stipulates the aircraft must have a production AESA radar and not a prototype. While none of the contending aircraft had an in-production AESA radar at the bidding stage, the Rafale delivering an AESA-equipped production aircraft to the French Air Force means that Dassault has met a key condition which should help in the negotiations currently underway prior to signing of the contract.

The inclusion of the AESA radar makes the Rafale the first European combat aircraft to use the Thales-made radar.

In operational terms, the AESA?RBE2/AA (antenna active) radar can track many targets. It also allows a significant ?increase in detection range of enemy aircraft and a significant increase in reliability over previous-generation radars.

In air-to-air mode, a much greater sensitivity makes it possible to?detect smaller targets and detects them earlier. Since the antenna comprises a very large number of active modules, the failure of some of these has no noticeable effect on the overall performance?and reliability of the system.

Dassault will tailor the MMRCA Rafale after the current French Air Force’s Rafale Standard F3 Tranche; the aircraft will use complete weaponry including 60 of which are to be delivered under Tranche 4.

The first such Rafale recently began an extended validation campaign and will integrating the MBDA Meteor BVRAAM’s later this year making it the most powerful of any Rafale.

The Indian Air Force technical team will fly and test this very model once the deal is concluded with Dassault and the production of a first batch of 18 Rafale Hs is launched at Bordeaux-Mérignac.Meanwhile, the newly delivered Rafale will be subjected to flight tests at the Mont-de-Marsan airbase in the coming days.

http://idrw.org/?p=27196
....◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤
Old 09-24-2013, 10:56 AM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilay View Post
the french are saying its not reduction... they are just slowing down on production ... so for now they intend to induct 185 rafales of which 110 already inducted ...

may be they are not just awaiting indian orders but also UAE and brazil orders.. which will significantly reduce per unit cost of the aircraft
It is the Indian order itself which is to enhance Rafale's reputation, otherwise it is highly likely it'd be left without export orders at all and a slowing down on their indigenous orders, thus turning into a lemon as far as production goes.

We should have bought the Typhoon

Old 09-24-2013, 05:33 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
It is the Indian order itself which is to enhance Rafale's reputation, otherwise it is highly likely it'd be left without export orders at all and a slowing down on their indigenous orders, thus turning into a lemon as far as production goes.

We should have bought the Typhoon
well u gotta say rafale is an amazing bird... and according to me better than typhoon ... no export order doesnt mean its any less capable ... but yes the french are heavily banking on indian orders to export to other countries as well .. so its like a do or die kinda situation for them and us...
....◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤
Old 09-25-2013, 07:53 AM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilay View Post
well u gotta say rafale is an amazing bird... and according to me better than typhoon ... no export order doesnt mean its any less capable ... but yes the french are heavily banking on indian orders to export to other countries as well .. so its like a do or die kinda situation for them and us...
I was just yanking your chain with the Typhoon comment, seeing as how this MMRCA debate has been going on for more than a decade now

Lets just hope this goes through without a glitch.

Old 09-25-2013, 09:01 AM
Dragon

janetnjohn is on a distinguished road

rafale is good and the typhoon is performing well at the red flag exercises

I have set watchmen upon thy walls, O Jerusalem, which shall never hold their peace day nor night: ye that make mention of the LORD, keep not silence,

"I ask then, has God rejected His people? By no means! God has not rejected His people whom He foreknew. For the gifts and call of God are irrevocable."
(Romans 11:1,2,29)
Old 09-25-2013, 09:58 AM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

Quote:
Originally Posted by janetnjohn View Post
rafale is good and the typhoon is performing well at the red flag exercises
I'v never heard of any platform performing badly at Red Flag, wonder why!

I have read many good things about Typhoon, some from British military professionals too but as I understand there were concerns about ToT and supplier reliability (UK supplied the excellent SEPECAT Jaguars Germany/Italy/Spain are hardly defence export stalwarts).

Also, Typhoon was dearer and more of an air superiority fighter (India has Sukhois for that) while Rafale was better as a multi-role platform.

Old 09-26-2013, 12:23 PM
Gold Member

^^ plus there was no clear time frame with regard to AESA, a very essential requirement in MMRCA , add to that typhoon always came up as an air to air kind of a fighter while IAF wanted multi role... mix it with geopolitical relations and voila rafale :P

Quote:
I was just yanking your chain with the Typhoon comment, seeing as how this MMRCA debate has been going on for more than a decade now

Lets just hope this goes through without a glitch.
haha :D
....◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤
Old 09-30-2013, 03:27 PM
Gold Member

BAE Offers Typhoon To UAE, Says Could Still Win Indian MMRCA Deal

The United Arab Emirates has received a formal bid from BAE Systems to build 60 Eurofighter Typhoon jets for the country.The Typhoon is the front-runner followed closely by Dassault with its Rafale jets for the deal which could be valued up to $6 billion. The potential deal is also likely to include a technology-sharing agreement on unmanned aircraft, according to the Telegraph.

A winner is expected to be selected in the coming months.Charles Armitage at UBS (BAE’s House Broker) was quoted as saying by the newspaper that if a deal is agreed between BAE and the UAE, it could open the door for talks with India to be restarted.He said: “If UAE is signed, this could put pressure on India, which would be the only export customer for Rafale – nobody likes being the only export customer for a programme as it tends to reduce flexibility and increase the upgrade/maintenance costs – and could bring Typhoon back into the picture.

” The group’s chances of securing the order were bolstered by an alliance that was agreed last November, when David Cameron travelled to the Gulf to unveil a formal defence and industrial partnership between Britain and the UAE, the report added.

http://idrw.org/?p=27325
....◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤
Old 09-30-2013, 03:29 PM
Gold Member

nice try BAE... wont work...!!
....◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤
Old 09-06-2017, 07:25 AM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

2013 to 2017, India has come a full circle in five years from being a mocked nation with its agening Bisons to THE leader in SE Asia with regards to its TriForces supply chain.

Israel Forum