Israel Military Forum

Welcome to the Israel Military Forum. You are currently viewing our Israel Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, Image Forum and access our other features. By joining our Israel Military Forum you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so
Join Our Israel Community Today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Go Back   Israel Military Forum > Israel National security > Global Military > North America
Register FAQ Pictures Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

North America Military News From United States, Canada & Mexico.

Old 03-15-2007, 07:08 PM

indian_sukhoi is on a distinguished road
Default IAF-USAF rematch in American skies

Re: IAF-USAF rematch in American skies

NEW DELHI: After proving more than a match for American, French, British and other pilots in wargames over the last few years, IAF fighter pilots will now face the biggest test of them all — the famous American Red Flag aerial combat exercise.

Held at Nellis US Air Force base in Nevada, northwest of Las Vegas, the Red Flag exercise is considered to be the closest one can get to real air combat situations. And, as such, will test the combat skills of IAF pilots like never before.

"We will be going for Red Flag, the world's ultimate exercise, around August 2008. The Americans have expressed their keen interest in us going there with our latest Sukhoi-30MKI fighters... we probably will not disappoint them," said a senior IAF officer.

Added another officer, "Our fighter pilots are among the best in the world. We may not be as used to advanced BVR (beyond-visual range) combat or operating in an AWACS (airborne warning control and warning systems) environment as USAF but we are getting there."

As a precursor to the actual participation in Red Flag with six fighters, two transport aircraft and an IL-78 mid-air refuelling aircraft, IAF will be sending "observers" to the exercise this year to work out the logistics and modalities.

It was at Gwalior in February 2004 that IAF pilots flying Sukhois and other jets had crossed swords with USAF pilots in their F-15C fighters in the "Cope India" dissimilar air combat training exercise, the first such wargames between the two forces since 1963.

And, in what had come as a huge shock to USAF pilots, IAF pilots had more or less outgunned them in the skies, recording most of the "kills" in direct air combat.

A few months after that, IAF pilots flew Jaguar strike fighters all the way to Alaska to participate in the multinational Cope-Thunder exercise there.

Then, in November 2005, despite objections from Left parties like CPM and CPI, the next Cope India exercise at Kalaikunda in West Bengal saw IAF fighters take on the American F-16s.

"We have also flown our fighters, with a single hop, to France for a joint exercise there. So, flying for extended ranges is no longer an issue with our mid-air refuelling capabilities. We can easily fly to US for Red Flag," said an officer.

India and US, incidentally, have held well over 40 joint military exercises in the last five years to enhance "functional interoperability" between the two armed forces.

Though largely unstated, the aim is to develop capabilities to undertake joint operations against a common enemy if the need arises in the future.

The expansive 10-year Indo-US defence framework signed in June 2005, in fact, talks about collaboration in "multinational operations" and enhancing "capabilities to combat WMD proliferation" across the world.

http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/NEWS/n...hp?newsid=8395

"It's God's responsibility to forgive the terrorist organisation, It's our responsibility to arrange the meeting between them and god."
<<_-_-_-_-_-_-_ _ _ IndianArmedForces_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_>>

Last edited by indian_sukhoi; 03-15-2007 at 10:18 PM.. Reason: Adding picture
Old 03-15-2007, 08:23 PM
Gold Member

shelory is on a distinguished road

dam i thought you where talking about the Israeli IAF until the read Sukhoi-30MKI fighters that i know Israel dos not use :)
Old 03-15-2007, 10:23 PM

indian_sukhoi is on a distinguished road

Lol, Well most of them get confused between both India and Israel Airforces by hearing IAF.

The Same thing happens in many other forums and then they will be corrected by reading the word Sukhoi-30MKI. This is one of the reasons i love Super Flankers a lot.

"It's God's responsibility to forgive the terrorist organisation, It's our responsibility to arrange the meeting between them and god."
<<_-_-_-_-_-_-_ _ _ IndianArmedForces_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_>>
Old 03-16-2007, 08:15 AM
Gold Member

shelory is on a distinguished road

had india actually had any real air battles?
Old 03-19-2007, 03:09 AM

ya2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelory View Post
had india actually had any real air battles?
they have a long war with pakistan so i'm almost sure they did
Old 03-26-2007, 09:21 PM
Gold Member

*titanium* is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelory View Post
dam i thought you where talking about the Israeli IAF until the read Sukhoi-30MKI fighters that i know Israel dos not use :)
I noticed it said the lattest Sukhoi.. and suddenly I was shocked. I thought No way, this has ot be wrong, please be wrong the IAF cant be using a Russian plane.
Old 03-26-2007, 10:36 PM
Gold Member

Jordan is on a distinguished road

I hope discovery does a documentary on it like the last Red Flag.

- Albert Einstein
Old 05-09-2007, 08:37 PM

ya2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
I hope discovery does a documentary on it like the last Red Flag.
not if the IAF kicks their asses
Old 05-09-2007, 10:08 PM
Gold Member

dzone is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ya2 View Post
not if the IAF kicks their asses
Good on ya mate !!!
Old 06-07-2007, 10:32 PM

Sardukar is on a distinguished road
Default Indian Air Force Exercise

I read an article that when the IAF beat the USAF in "Cope India" the USAF did not have AWACS support and that may have been an equalizer. Does anyone have any details about that?
Old 06-08-2007, 05:26 PM
Gold Member

*titanium* is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardukar View Post
I read an article that when the IAF beat the USAF in "Cope India" the USAF did not have AWACS support and that may have been an equalizer. Does anyone have any details about that?
I heard the same thing, that the USAF got worried when china blew up an old satelite because they lost to the Indian airforce in mock dog fights when they didnt use AWACS and so they could be 'severly weakened' if their satelites are taken out.
Old 06-13-2007, 03:31 PM
Dragon

hworta is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardukar View Post

Yeah at that time India suprised American war palnners, that was the same year the American military put in the order for all those F22's as well... F22 can pwn 4 enemies at the same time.