Israel Military Forum

Welcome to the Israel Military Forum. You are currently viewing our Israel Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, Image Forum and access our other features. By joining our Israel Military Forum you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so
Join Our Israel Community Today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Go Back   Israel Military Forum > General > Sports > Cars, Motorcycles, stuff on wheels
Register FAQ Pictures Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2013, 06:09 AM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

Knaur is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down Sir Stirling Moss draws criticism for homophobic comment

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/...143550458.html

Sir Stirling Moss draws criticism for homophobic comment

By Eurosport | Motorhead – 15 hours ago

Quote:
Retired Formula One star Sir Stirling Moss has apologised after suggesting that he didn’t want a ‘****ter’ to portray him in a film.
The 83-year-old, hailed as one of the sport’s greatest drivers, had been asked whether he should be played by a ‘masculine’ actor if a film were to be made of his life.
"I hope the actor would be masculine, not a ****ter or anything like that. Perhaps the guy from Skyfall?" Moss responded, referring to Daniel Craig.
As the conversation continued, Sir Stirling added that he had “homosexual friends” and insisted that “there’s nothing wrong with it.”
Chris Hemsworth, star of Thor and The Avengers, is to play fellow Formula One icon James Hunt in Rush, a biopic scheduled for release later in 2013.
And Sir Stirling felt that given he had spent his life “driving cars and chasing girls”, a similar kind of masculine actor would be appropriate.
Gay charities have spoken out against the comment, with Stonewall chief Ben Summerskill saying: “Rugby players like Gareth Thomas and brave gay people serving in ­Afghanistan might be better qualified to comment on masculinity than accomplished car driver Sir Stirling.”
"I’m sorry I’ve caused offence,” Moss clarified, “but I’m disappointed anyone could be so narrow-minded as to take offence. It was not meant to cause any,” he added.
This is so typically PC, Sir Moss is an 83 yr old with considerable achievements, its obvious how he is being vilified with comments taken out of context.
A war generating battles is ‘curse’ not ‘mirth’.

At that time, I will search out and destroy all of the nations who have come against Jerusalem - Zechariah 12:9

Last edited by Knaur; 03-16-2013 at 06:15 AM..
Old 03-16-2013, 04:43 PM
Dragon

David of Galilee is on a distinguished road

I would agree that he should just say what he wants to say, as he wants to say it. Problem is, many people, especially but certainly not only in the Judeo-Christian faith, find that having an opinion that is not accepting of active homosexuality cannot even be pronounced publically. I am reminded of a Swedish pastor who learned the hard way, that he, an ordained Christian minister, could not teach out of the Book of Leviticus inside his church building during a service voluntarily attended only by those who wanted to be there.

Mostly, I wish that public figures would not be forced into a language of not only acceptance, but of positive attitude, about subjects which they didn't even really bring up. He was addressing the characterization of his own character in a possible dramatization, so whether he is or is not accepting of homosexuality wasn't even in play.

Mel Gibson's own brother is a homosexual, and Mel has issued several infamous comments on that subject--and his brother wasn't even offended.

This PC disease can lead to a type of public mind control right out of Orwell's 1984. It starts out silly, and ends up sinister.
Old 03-17-2013, 03:12 PM

lethomaineq is on a distinguished road

Thanks, cĂ*ng lĂşc cĂ*ng hay
Old 03-17-2013, 08:48 PM
Gold Member

Little Rock is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lethomaineq View Post
Thanks, cĂ*ng lĂşc cĂ*ng hay
Shalom.

In English that means what?

Cheers
Old 03-17-2013, 09:43 PM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

scelli is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knaur View Post
This is so typically PC, Sir Moss is an 83 yr old with considerable achievements, its obvious how he is being vilified with comments taken out of context.
This sort of inane drivel will stop when Moss and others like him stand up like adults and say: "I meant exactly what I stated." The man is just as responsible for being in this embarrassing position as anyone.

The issue here really is people who find themselves in such unnecessary situations are more afraid of being ostracized than anything else. If that's the problem then these folks need to keep their mouths shut in the first place. Since when did being against the practice of homosexuality become illegal? It's not, nor is expressing an opinion on the subject that detours from the current slop being foisted upon mankind regarding the matter. Period!

Old 03-18-2013, 06:47 AM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

Well, because he is not against homosexuality. He just does not want a feminine looking actor potraying him since he believes such a choice would not potray him accurately.

At that time, I will search out and destroy all of the nations who have come against Jerusalem - Zechariah 12:9
Old 03-18-2013, 11:35 AM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

Quote:
Well, because he is not against homosexuality. He just does not want a feminine looking actor potraying him since he believes such a choice would not potray him accurately.
If the proof for not being against homosexuality is this comment (which is the standard disclaimer for those caught between a rock and a hard place in such situations), then I'm not impressed:

As the conversation continued, Sir Stirling added that he had “homosexual friends” and insisted that “there’s nothing wrong with it.”

I'm willing to wager he most likely is against homosexuality, although not willing to admit so publicly for fear of ruining his macho public image. If he truly isn't, then the guy needs to keep his big trap shut in the future. This added little tidbit certainly added more fuel to the fire:

"I’m sorry I've caused offence,” Moss clarified, “but I’m disappointed anyone could be so narrow-minded as to take offence. It was not meant to cause any,” he added.

Those of us in the US who grew up during the troubled times of the civil rights movement in the 1950's and 1960's will recall eerily similar insincere statements such as:

"I have nothing against Negroes (perhaps even the word "niggers" might have been used) at all. In fact , some of my best friends are colored."

Yeah, right. The late comedian and social observer Lenny Bruce would have a field day will these bozos as the hypocrisy from both sides of the fence regarding this issue is staggering.

Old 03-18-2013, 02:42 PM
Dragon

David of Galilee is on a distinguished road

Mr Moss did make the idea of effeminate, homosexual men sound negative, sort of. I guess we'll leave it for pofterity to judge. Randolph Scott and Rock Hudson lived together for years, and they both had pretty good careers playing macho men, "all milk-fed and ready to do man-things," as someone once said of them.

Someone is always being tagged for something unPC, and someone is apologizing. Better they just shoot it out at the OK Coral and get it over with. Meanwhile, if I have to take my moral lessons from either the teachings of Torah, or the fluxical morality of contemporary Western society and especially the entertainment industry, I say:

TORAH! TORAH! TORAH!

At 83 you'd think a man of accomplishment could finally break wind and belch and say what he wants in public without a d_mn media event springing up. We know nobody really cares.

Last edited by David of Galilee; 03-18-2013 at 02:53 PM..
Old 03-18-2013, 08:29 PM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

Quote:
Originally Posted by David of Galilee View Post
Mr Moss did make the idea of effeminate, homosexual men sound negative, sort of. I guess we'll leave it for pofterity to judge. Randolph Scott and Rock Hudson lived together for years, and they both had pretty good careers playing macho men, "all milk-fed and ready to do man-things," as someone once said of them.

Someone is always being tagged for something unPC, and someone is apologizing. Better they just shoot it out at the OK Coral and get it over with. Meanwhile, if I have to take my moral lessons from either the teachings of Torah, or the fluxical morality of contemporary Western society and especially the entertainment industry, I say:

TORAH! TORAH! TORAH!

At 83 you'd think a man of accomplishment could finally break wind and belch and say what he wants in public without a d_mn media event springing up. We know nobody really cares.
Agreed on every count! Just so I'm not perceived as anything but an equal opportunity offender to all parties involved, let me offer the following quote:

And Sir Stirling felt that given he had spent his life “driving cars and chasing girls”, a similar kind of masculine actor would be appropriate.

How truly tragic that an 83-year old geriatric found the need to summarize (and glamorize!) the sad fact he apparently spent a great majority of his adult life "driving cars and chasing girls". That nonsense alone says more about the inner working of this lonely creature than anything the joker could vomit forth out of his mouth.

Old 03-19-2013, 10:56 PM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

I believe Sir Moss did mean to imply that an actor who looks masculine and has an "image" of the kind that Sir Moss had in his youth would be an appropriate choice to play him. So I can understand why he is aggreived people would take offence at that.

Old 03-19-2013, 11:39 PM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

Quote:
I believe Sir Moss did mean to imply that an actor who looks masculine and has an "image" of the kind that Sir Moss had in his youth would be an appropriate choice to play him. So I can understand why he is aggreived people would take offence at that.
I'd say the way he raised his family, served his country, moral values he espoused, the amount of integrity he possessed both in public and in private, the way he dealt with adversity, etc. etc. etc. are far better indications of "masculinity" then a pathetic public declaration (which Moss apparently is quite proud...) that this self-aggrandizing Lothario drove racing cars and chased women all his life.

Wow! What a man, huh? No: What a sad sack.

Old 03-19-2013, 11:49 PM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

Sure, and as a self-aggrandizing Lothario he would preferably like an actor who acts like one, instead of well, a po0fter.

I'd do the same in his position.

Israel Forum