Israel Military Forum

Welcome to the Israel Military Forum. You are currently viewing our Israel Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, Image Forum and access our other features. By joining our Israel Military Forum you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so
Join Our Israel Community Today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Go Back   Israel Military Forum > General > Suggestions, Feedback & Site Updates
Register FAQ Pictures Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Suggestions, Feedback & Site Updates Something you do or don't like? Please let us know.

Old 01-15-2008, 05:35 PM

elle is on a distinguished road
Default Are there any hopes for improving speeds?

TWIMC: I have noticed that my post takes an inordinate time to load. Also changing pages is painfully slow. Is that because I am being moderated as a new person and things will get better or is your server very slow? I often switch pages to another site to avoid waiting. My ISP is in England, I have ADSL and I am using a MiniMac with either Firefox or Safari. Any tips?
Old 01-16-2008, 01:35 PM
Kiwi

No mate its just crappy, very slow
Old 01-16-2008, 05:43 PM

Thanks Kiwi, the Managers should see if they can upgrade the Server that is faster.
Old 01-19-2008, 02:54 AM
Zatoichi
PhotobucketPhotobucket

New Ron is on a distinguished road

My posts go on very fast, and I use Internet explorer

"If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence.. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel."
~ Golda Meir~

Old 01-19-2008, 02:56 AM
Zatoichi
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Elle do you have DSL or do you use dial up?

when you dont have a high speed connection things tend to go slower.

"If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence.. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel."
~ Golda Meir~

Old 01-19-2008, 04:32 AM
Kiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW RON View Post
My posts go on very fast, and I use Internet explorer
I use IE7, Opera, and firefox and its slow on all.
Old 01-19-2008, 04:45 AM
Zatoichi
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
I use IE7, Opera, and firefox and its slow on all.
Your computer needs more coffee lol

~ Golda Meir~

Old 01-19-2008, 05:10 AM
Kiwi

lol its me that needs coffee i think
Old 01-19-2008, 06:59 AM
Dragon
Photobucket

Paparock is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
TWIMC: I have noticed that my post takes an inordinate time to load. Also changing pages is painfully slow. Is that because I am being moderated as a new person and things will get better or is your server very slow? I often switch pages to another site to avoid waiting. My ISP is in England, I have ADSL and I am using a MiniMac with either Firefox or Safari. Any tips?
I can answer that one; no, you are not being moderated before your posts show up. Sometimes the site does run slower and its not your computer because I have a blazing fast new one, with superfast cable hook-up and it happens to me someimes. So my guess is it must be the server acts up at times.
The LORD lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace.

Asymmetric Warfare It’s not just for the “Other Guys”

Old 01-19-2008, 11:50 AM

Thanks all, I am currently using a Mini Mac which is very fast and I am on ADSL So that cannot be the reason.But sometimes when I post it hangs badly. Or when I change pages it is slow. I suspect it is a server problem. Thanks!
Old 01-19-2008, 02:35 PM
Zatoichi
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paparock View Post
I can answer that one; no, you are not being moderated before your posts show up. Sometimes the site does run slower and its not your computer because I have a blazing fast new one, with superfast cable hook-up and it happens to me someimes. So my guess is it must be the server acts up at times.
Ok I accept that. Its weird then because it never happens to me.
My pages load,as do my posts extremely fast.

Im guessing maybe where I live not many are logged on to Israeli Military forums maybe! which could mean my server is not clogged up.

Maybe Extra Terrestrials are fixing up my technology

~ Golda Meir~

Old 01-19-2008, 02:37 PM
Zatoichi
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
lol its me that needs coffee i think
We all do sometimes.
A friend of mine served some coke to his computer once, but then the computer stopped working.

He didn't do it on purpose, he spilled the damn drink by mistake

~ Golda Meir~

Old 01-23-2008, 07:17 PM

23 Jan 2008: this is the first time I have been able to log on for 2 days. I kept getting a request to download some Israelmilitary.net index file, and I am not sure what all this is about. Can someone tell me about this file and why I need to download it to my computer? Was this the cause of the crash because I could not go beyond this download request. Please explain the problem to me and what should I do about that index file. Is it malware? Is the site all right now? If there is a link to explain all this please let me have it.
Old 01-23-2008, 07:46 PM
Dragon
Photobucket

Paparock is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
23 Jan 2008: this is the first time I have been able to log on for 2 days. I kept getting a request to download some Israelmilitary.net index file, and I am not sure what all this is about. Can someone tell me about this file and why I need to download it to my computer? Was this the cause of the crash because I could not go beyond this download request. Please explain the problem to me and what should I do about that index file. Is it malware? Is the site all right now? If there is a link to explain all this please let me have it.
Disregard that message because the site was down during the time you were getting it as I was unable to access the site then either. We seem to have been hacked but I am unsure if that part was related or not. I am not as computer savvy as many. The site administrator is looking into the problems, what when, why, etc. and it all is Greek to me.

I missed you guys as I was going through a sort of Israel Military Forum withdrawal. I am sure glad to see we are back in order again. Group Hug!

While, I did not have you guys or the site I did a web project search on “What happened to the Jewish refugees from Middle Eastern countries?” and posted a big sticky thread with all the research results under the, Threads in Forum: Historical Israel-Arab wars section when the site came back up. The Palestinians and Muslims are always crying about those Arab Palestinians displaced out of Israel. Now you have a source to refer them to about an equal if not greater number of Jewish Refugees forced out of the Muslim nations surrounding Israel.
The LORD lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace.

Asymmetric Warfare It’s not just for the “Other Guys”

Last edited by Paparock; 01-23-2008 at 07:49 PM..
Old 01-23-2008, 08:09 PM

Thanks for the link, "what happened......" it will take me some time to slowly read it. Much appreciated.
Old 01-24-2008, 03:03 AM
Zatoichi
PhotobucketPhotobucket

We all had the same problem Elle.
I also got that download message, very irritating.

I think we all missed IDF for that long brief moment. I for one also missed Paparocks input on world matters!

hackers are bad people!

~ Golda Meir~

Old 01-24-2008, 04:25 AM
Kiwi

Great work papa I missed you too.
Old 01-24-2008, 10:42 AM

MiaG is on a distinguished road

[quote=Paparock;23851]
I missed you guys as I was going through a sort of Israel Military Forum withdrawal. I am sure glad to see we are back in order again. Group Hug!
quote]

Yes .. big group hug guys. I've been away from IMF for a number of reasons, but missed you all very much.

Re browsers, I don't see anyone mentioning Safari .. my personal fave when I'm on my mac.

Israel (Hebrew: יִשְׂרָאֵל‎, Yisra'el) - the country of my heart
*** Am Yisra'el Chai ***
Old 01-24-2008, 12:16 PM

Miag, I am operating a MiniMac with Safari as well as Firefox while I had this problem of this site being down. So it is the server and not the OS. I am new to this site, and I find it stimulating, but needs a lot of time to read everything as some articles are rather involved. My old computer (via wireless router) is mostly on stand by and that Uses OS Windows XP with IE as the browser. My old computer works my Samsung Laser Printer better and the Mac does not have an auto software for the Samsung Mono Laser.
Old 01-27-2008, 08:43 AM
Kiwi

the Host is stuffed they are trying to fix it.
Israel Forum