Israel Military Forum

Welcome to the Israel Military Forum. You are currently viewing our Israel Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, Image Forum and access our other features. By joining our Israel Military Forum you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so
Join Our Israel Community Today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Go Back   Israel Military Forum > General > Suggestions, Feedback & Site Updates
Register FAQ Pictures Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Suggestions, Feedback & Site Updates Something you do or don't like? Please let us know.

Old 03-01-2010, 04:33 AM
Gold Member

TwoStrike is on a distinguished road
Default OK. One last one. ???????

Aww, cmon. We haven't even started on the CIA, yet.
(confusion in action) I mean, seriously, inviting a suicide bomber into the house?!
This is Darwin in action, folks.
If you don't get a post from me in the next 24 hours, it's because langely is listening.

Last edited by TwoStrike; 03-01-2010 at 04:36 AM.. Reason: incomplete submission
Old 03-01-2010, 08:53 AM
Zatoichi
PhotobucketPhotobucket

New Ron is on a distinguished road

Darwin was a CIA agent right? :D

"If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence.. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel."
~ Golda Meir~

Old 03-01-2010, 05:10 PM
Gold Member

Default Darwin

Actually, he is with the celestial GAO.
Old 03-01-2010, 06:26 PM
Gold Member

Default Darwin, chief comptroller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoStrike View Post
Actually, he is with the celestial GAO.
see http://www.darwinawards.com/

From what I have read, and I sincerely hope that it has since been corrected, these people spend almost all their productive energy on trying to get a "leg up" on their military counterparts, and also to thwart them.

Last edited by TwoStrike; 03-01-2010 at 06:29 PM.. Reason: incomplete submission
Old 03-02-2010, 11:57 AM

deut_20-21 is on a distinguished road

Rafi said:

RSA and Secure Computing (the major lraders in 2 factor authentication) use 128 bit factoring.

Like Checkpoint, they have allowed the US government under certain conditions to use the keys, but 128 bit encryption is still out of the reach of most computers.

Boy, this post could be cross referenced to the computing thread.

=======================

I repeat, I believe that factoring, at least for the US, Canada, Britain, France, and possibly Russia is not a particularly hard problem to solve.

I'm only a amateur mathematician myself, and failed miserably when I looked at the problem, but the published algorithms are quite good and have been organized to run on large clusters of machines. And the US happens to have hundred's of thousands machines sitting in the New Mexico desert.

Does anyone think they're only working on computer chess?

But I suspect that the NSA has methods that far exceed what Pollard class solvers can achieve. Again, I'm just a casual observer, I worked as a NASA consultant more than 35 years ago; Otherwise, I have no government affiliations.

About using 128 bit encryption, that's a joke. State department to embassy communications use at least 1024 bits, at least, and I wouldn't be surprised to learn that the minimum acceptable key length is ten times that. Again, I'm just an observer with no credentials.

I'm semi-retired now, after working as a programmer for almost 45 years, mostly I was self-employed. Today I'm experimenting with methods to losslessly re-compress previously compressed files (a compressed file appears to be a list of random numbers.)
Israel Forum