Israel Military Forum

Welcome to the Israel Military Forum. You are currently viewing our Israel Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, Image Forum and access our other features. By joining our Israel Military Forum you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so
Join Our Israel Community Today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Go Back   Israel Military Forum > Israel National security > Self Defense
Register FAQ Pictures Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Self Defense Martial arts, defending yourself, krav maga, firearms, weapons, survival, etc.

Old 11-14-2008, 12:33 AM
Dragon

PILMAN is on a distinguished road
Default Bought a new rifle: Czech vz-58

I bought a new rifle, got a Czech Republic made VZ-58, beautiful rifle on a milled receiver. I shot it and barely any recoil despite being 7.62 x 39, it's so light too, lighter than a M16. I was getting headshots on this thing, I replaced the wood stock with a folding stock.

Old 11-27-2008, 08:49 AM
Gold Member

Cougar is on a distinguished road

Ah, very nice. Should get one of those as well, before Osama - sorry, Obama - takes them all away from us.
Old 12-01-2008, 07:46 PM

mustangman65_79 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar View Post
Ah, very nice. Should get one of those as well, before Osama - sorry, Obama - takes them all away from us.

yea no ****
Old 12-22-2008, 05:31 AM

Mini14 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PILMAN View Post
I bought a new rifle, got a Czech Republic made VZ-58, beautiful rifle on a milled receiver. I shot it and barely any recoil despite being 7.62 x 39, it's so light too, lighter than a M16. I was getting headshots on this thing, I replaced the wood stock with a folding stock.

Way more beautiful than my pimped AK47!
czechpoint-usa.com has 30 round magazines for it, as cheap as $13.50 a pop.
Ya did excellent! How'd the shoot go?

Go IDF Lady soldiers!
Old 02-06-2009, 11:50 PM
Dragon

PILMAN is on a distinguished road

My only complaints are that the handguard gets extremely hot and very quick, there's no heatshield.

It's very accurate and i'm spoiled by how light it is (lighter than an AR15), I also replaced the wood stock with a steel folding stock, folded, it's very compact and very very easy to transport in a small case, the smallest rifle I own right now. It almost looks like a toy! I was very surprised when I opened the box.

The recoil is good and it's accurate although it does use the standard AK sights, I'd prefer peep sights or maybe throw on a reflex sight.

Here it is with folding stock

Old 02-08-2009, 11:50 PM
Gold Member

Topmaul is on a distinguished road

That is a sweet rifle, wish I had one.
His rucksack weighs what he weighs, and he runs until the enemy stops chasing him
The True believer doesn't care 'how hard it is'... he knows he either wins or he dies.
He doesn't go home at 1700... he is home.
He knows only the cause...
Now, who wants to quit?
Old 06-25-2009, 03:35 AM

Franklin. is on a distinguished road

That looks sweet. I'm sure it is very little maintenance, and it is probably really durable.

Old 06-28-2009, 03:53 PM

cooks128 is on a distinguished road

that looks pretty good.
Old 06-30-2009, 06:02 AM

It almost has that toy airsoft look to it. Me currently living in California, I don't have the luxury to look at such pretty things...or real ones for the matter.

Old 06-30-2009, 09:24 PM
Dragon

Archangel is on a distinguished road

Nice Pilman.

I have a Romanian underfolder and I love it. I replaced the lower and upper handguards whoever owned it before me had synthetic black ones on it so I bought a surplus upper handguard and I bought a RPK lower handguard and ground the wood down a lil bit at a time till it fit the clamp that holds the lower handguard in place. She shoots really good and even with the RPK lower handguard I can still fully use my underfolding stock unless I have the 40 round mag attached to it.

And for Franklin. Here's a look at my stuff :)

The second one is a Wz. 88 (Shoots 5.45x39mm AK-74 rounds)

My Mosin Nagant 91/30. ATI Monte Carlo stock with authentic liquid transfered Crye Multicam.

Not trying to hijack the topic just trying to feed Franklin's need. :) Post more pics if you got them Pilman she's a fine piece of work there.
Old 06-30-2009, 09:37 PM

Do you like the Mosin Nagant? It sure has a kick to it. That is nice scope mount. It is similar to the ones used on the M1As.

Old 06-30-2009, 09:54 PM
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklin. View Post
Do you like the Mosin Nagant? It sure has a kick to it. That is nice scope mount. It is similar to the ones used on the M1As.
Yes I do like the Mosin Nagant very much. It helps to put a limbsaver on it that is for sure. Just pull one as tight to your shoulder as you can get it and squeeze. :)

Ammo is easy to find for me. One guy I know always has it and manages to keep getting more.

And yes it does thunder. When I got it one of my best friends wanted one so I spotted him 70 for it. As much as he helps me and vice versa I knew he was good for it. He got the M44 Carbine with the flip out bayonet. I wanted a full length barrel so I got a 91/30. While mine has more muzzle velocity and better over all ballistics, his has less recoil. It still threw him for a loop when he got it. Coarse I kind of knew what to expect. The 91/30s are the cheapest available. I got mine for a grand total of 100 bucks. 117 if you count the box of ammo. The 91/30 is the first gun I have ever personally owned. After that I bought the Wz. 88 then the 870 Express 12 gauge you see then the Romanian AK and after that the Taurus 1911B you see with the two 8 round mags from the factory. I now have two 10 round 1911 mags to add to the list and one 40 round AK-47/RPK mag as well as other things I added to the shot gun and other rifles and the 1911 as well to make them more personalized. The rail on the 91/30 is a Picatinny/Weaver rail that is adjustable on elevation and takes the place of the notch sight on the Mosin Nagant. You drive out the pin, pull the sight and watch the sight spring pop up. Remove the spring, sit the rail on it and use the pin holes and provided allen wrench screws and allen wrench to lock the rail in place. If you ever want to put the notch sight back on just reverse that process. Otherwise you'll need a turned down and extended bolt to ever mount a scope or rail and use the rifle right and that's just more money.

Last edited by Archangel; 06-30-2009 at 09:57 PM..
Old 06-30-2009, 10:17 PM

You have a nice setup of weapons there. Those high capacity clips are still taunting me though. :)

Old 06-30-2009, 11:31 PM
Dragon

lol

That's what I get for living in a friendlier state that realizes more of the genius of the 2nd amendment than the peoples republic of California :)

In the photo are two 30 round ribbed AK-47 mags. I bought the second one from the same guy that I bought the rifle from on the exact same day on the exact same trip to the gun show. :) lol he also sold me 100 rounds of ammo too. That's the fun part, yo go in, say you want it, fill out 5 minutes of paperwork, give them the thumbprints they run the background check then transfer it to you legally, you buy anything else you may need and you walk out with all of it. No waiting period. The only thing easier is buying an AK from a Arab. :)

The photo also has two 30 round polymer AK-74 mags. The second one is hard to see but it's under the 30 round AK-47 mag. I had not gotten the 40 round mag at the time of the picture and now I also have a surplus AK sling for the Wz. 88 as well. Also the 870 has a mag tube extension that extends the capacity to 10 rounds. 9 in the tube and 1 in the chamber. I have recently ordered two mag extension clamps (one for additional support and the other to mount my flashlight), a 6 round reciever harness (to organize where my slugs are) and a sling that will carry 25 extra rounds. I've also ordered a fiber optic front sight for the 1911 for a lower profile and better aiming. The shotgun also has a replacement 870 Police model synthetic foreend, fiber optic front sight, a 28 inch ribbed barrel with a removable Mod Choke. Both the barrel and choke are rated for steel shot. All my rifles and my 1911 have been sight adjusted using a laser bore sight. So they don't miss very much. :)
Old 07-01-2009, 02:28 AM

Yes, CA is ridiculous. If someone is going to go postal and murder people, obviously he is going to commit a crime anyway. If he is willing to go as far as murder, I think he is willing to illegally own weapons, and high capacity clips for that matter. ;)

Old 03-27-2010, 02:25 AM

Alexandrov is on a distinguished road
Exclamation You're doing it wrong

That is not a Mosin Nagant. REAL Mosin owners know that you NEVER modify or refinish a Mosin. As far as I know, Mosin Nagants production stopped in 1973. I have an authentic Mosin Nagant, totally original, with all matching parts, which is rare. It was also used in the attack against the Reichstag in WWII, which is very rare. With both of those and the markings on the gun, it's probably worth well over $2,000. Now that is a real Mosin. The gun also came with matching bayonet, sling, and ammo pouch. Also, if you want a sniper version, buy an original sniper version.

Because Mosins aren't made to look pretty.
Old 03-27-2010, 05:15 AM
Gold Member

TwoStrike is on a distinguished road
Default vz58

I heard that once you try this, you will never want to go back to the ak47. I'm green with envy. Anyone have experience with the AMD 65?
Old 03-27-2010, 05:40 AM
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandrov View Post
That is not a Mosin Nagant. REAL Mosin owners know that you NEVER modify or refinish a Mosin. As far as I know, Mosin Nagants production stopped in 1973. I have an authentic Mosin Nagant, totally original, with all matching parts, which is rare. It was also used in the attack against the Reichstag in WWII, which is very rare. With both of those and the markings on the gun, it's probably worth well over $2,000. Now that is a real Mosin. The gun also came with matching bayonet, sling, and ammo pouch. Also, if you want a sniper version, buy an original sniper version.

Well it is a Mosin Nagant, that I can assure you. Made in 1943, all numbers matching (bolt, receiver, stock and bayonet), went through the Ukrainian refurbishment and some where in time, made it's way to me. I replaced the stock and added a mount and scope to it to make a "modernized" version.

However, trust me, I've retained all the parts that came with it. In an hour or so I can have it returned to issued condition.
Old 03-27-2010, 12:50 PM

Emo Zipper is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandrov View Post

Every Gun shop in Tennessee has them for 125.00. Strait out of the original crate.........EZ
Old 03-31-2010, 03:09 AM
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emo Zipper View Post
Every Gun shop in Tennessee has them for 125.00. Strait out of the original crate.........EZ
Where do you think I got mine? I got mine for a grand total of about 100 bucks. That's with a background check and tax too. :)

I bought mine before the gun scare.