Israel Military Forum

Welcome to the Israel Military Forum. You are currently viewing our Israel Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, Image Forum and access our other features. By joining our Israel Military Forum you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so
Join Our Israel Community Today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Go Back   Israel Military Forum > General > General chat
Register FAQ Pictures Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General chat General discussion unrelated to above forums, jokes etc.

Old 08-03-2011, 08:38 PM
Dragon

PILMAN is on a distinguished road
Default Jewish DNA exists, my DNA results.

Hey guys, just did a DNA test from 23andme for a SNP (Single Nucleotide Polymorph) test, got my results and some interesting stuff there.

My dads family are descended from Cohens and this is our surname, family comes from Russia and Romania and going to explain a bit more about the DNA markers. This also blows the whole "Khazar" theory out of the water.

My mothers Haplotype is H1 which appears to be a mutation that occurred in the Iberian peninsula and France

My father is J1e which is now J1C3 p58 purely found in semitic populations.

This has a little more information on J1c3

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haplogr...c3_%28Y-DNA%29

A 2009 study concluded that the haplogroup had a more Northern origin than previously thought. According to this article, the origin of J1c3 is likely to have been in "a geographical zone, including northeast Syria, northern Iraq and eastern Turkey", spreading southward and towards the Mediterranean. Moreover, the network analysis of J1c3 haplotypes shows that some of the populations with low diversity, such as Bedouins from Israel, Qatar, Sudan and UAE, are tightly clustered near high-frequency haplotypes suggesting founder effects with "star burst" expansion in the Arabian Desert.[1] The overall conclusion of the study was that that J1c3 spread with pastoral nomads who would migrate based on rainfall patterns from the Zagros and Taurus mountains to the Levant, with the first such migrations occurring during the neolithic period.

Distribution
[edit] Arabian Plate

Haplogroup J1c3, defined by the P58 marker is most frequent in Yemen-Saudi (65%) It is also very common among other Arabs such as those of the Levant, i.e. Palestinian (38.5%), Syria (30%), Lebanon (25%). In Jewish populations, J1c3 constitutes 30% of the Yemenite Jews, 20.0% of Ashkenazi results, and 12% of Sephardi results.[2][3]
[edit] North Africa

In North Africa, J1c3 first entered Ethiopia in the Neolithic and is common among Semitic speakers, with a frequency of 33.3% among Amharas in Semino et al. 2004. It spread later to North Africa in historic times (as identified by the motif YCAIIa22-YCAIIb22; Algerians 35.0%, Tunisians 31%), where it became something like a marker of the Arab expansion in the early medieval period.[2] Haplogroup J1 may be found in as many as 20% of Egyptian males,[4] with the frequency of this haplogroup tending to be comparatively high in the south of the country. Arredi et al. report Haplogroup J, apart from Haplogroup J2, in 4 out of 44 men tested (9.1%) from a sample of Egyptians from the vicinity of Mansoura in northern Egypt, and 6/29 = 20.7% of a sample of Egyptians from the vicinity of Luxor in southern Egypt.[5]
[edit] Eurasian Plate

The frequency of Haplogroup J1c3 collapses suddenly at the borders of Arabic speaking countries[citation needed] with mainly non-Arabic speaking countries, such as Iran (10.40%)[6] and Turkey (9%).[7] The distribution of J1 outside of the Middle East is associated with the Semites who traded and conquered in Sicily, southern Italy, Spain and Pakistan. It is also seen in the Black sea region of Turkey as well as in Dagestan, Russia in the Caucasus.[1] In a study of 259 men of minorities from Iran and Azerbaijan (Roewer2009), 17-marker STR haplotypes resembling those typical for J1c3 were found in Iranian Arabs at 23.9%, and 10.9% in nearby Bakhtiaris. North Talysh (now part of Azerbaijan) had an incidence of 16.3. 11.1% in South Talysh, 7.0% in Gilaki and 4.4% in Mazandarani.[8]

My DNA according to McDonald analysis of my DNA at the Illinois University

Relation and likelyhood of ethnic ancestry

The following are possible population sets and their fractions,

most likely at the top

Tuscan= 0.153 Hungary= 0.566 Jewish= 0.280

French= 0.126 Hungary= 0.509 Jewish= 0.366

Spain= 0.072 Hungary= 0.577 Jewish= 0.351

Italian= 0.106 Hungary= 0.566 Jewish= 0.328

Tuscan= 0.714 Russian= 0.262 Mozabite= 0.024

Sardinia= 0.033 Hungary= 0.618 Jewish= 0.348

English= 0.118 Hungary= 0.488 Jewish= 0.394

Tuscan= 0.111 Romania= 0.866 Moroccan= 0.023

Tuscan= 0.150 Romania= 0.832 Mozabite= 0.018

Tuscan= 0.372 Belorus= 0.355 Jewish= 0.273

Second most likely fit is 88.3% (+- 8.9%) Europe (all Southeast Europe)

and 0.3% (+- 0.2%) Africa (various subcontinents)

and 11.4% (+- 9.0%) Mideast (all Jewish)

Estimated 25-35 % Middle Eastern-Jewish

I am also part of the DODCAD project

DODCAD 678 IS MY ID

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...CP-9p_wC#gid=0

19.3 West Asian, 33 percent south european, 0.5 percent northeast asian, 9.3 percent southwest asian, 1.1 percent east asian, 36.8 percent north european

My mother being European of German descent and my father Jewish with family from Russia and Romania, looks like the Southern European is primarily from my mother and father (likely migration to Germany) middle eastern seems to be from the past as indicated by western asian and southwest asian. There is about 2 percent east asian and northeast asian which could be tiny admixture of Siberian from my Russian ancestors.

Pretty interesting stuff.
Old 08-03-2011, 11:10 PM
Zatoichi
PhotobucketPhotobucket

rafi is on a distinguished road

A lotta words to say: Litvak!
Old 08-04-2011, 03:26 PM
Dragon

grgnkat is on a distinguished road

That's great Pilman, been thinking of doing the same thing. How was 23andme to work with????? Did you get the $99.00 special or did you go for the more expensive route??????????

Shalom
Old 08-04-2011, 05:59 PM
Dragon

PILMAN is on a distinguished road

I got the $99.00 special, very easy to work with, they send you the kit which comes with a spit tube, funnel, a cap with some sort of preserving fluid, some pamphlet with instructions and a prepaid postage envelope. You just spit in the tube and then seal with with the cap which breaks a capsule, put in the envelope and mail, you are given some sort of kit number and from there it takes about 6-8 weeks to process your sample.
Old 08-07-2011, 01:22 PM
Dragon

grgnkat is on a distinguished road

Thanks Pilman, I will go with their $99.00 Special, It seems like you get a lot for your money.

Toda Raba
Israel Forum