Israel Military Forum

Welcome to the Israel Military Forum. You are currently viewing our Israel Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, Image Forum and access our other features. By joining our Israel Military Forum you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so
Join Our Israel Community Today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Go Back   Israel Military Forum > Israel National security > Air Force Forum
Register FAQ Pictures Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Air Force Forum Israeli Air force topics, missions and history + air forces from other nations.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-29-2009, 01:56 AM
haamimhagolan haamimhagolan is offline
Retired
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,094
haamimhagolan is on a distinguished road
Default India Launches Israeli-Built Spy Satellite

India launched its first, Israeli-produced radar imaging spy satellite this past week on April 20th:
http://english.chosun.com/site/data/...042100569.html
http://www.domain-b.com/aero/space/s...satellite.html

The RISAT-2 carries an X-band synthetic aperture radar that allows it to observe targets at night and despite cloud cover. The Israeli developed satellite was produced by Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI), and is believed to be very similar to Israel's TecSAR surveillance satellite, that was likewise launched aboard an Indian booster in January of 2008.

This latest launch underscores the burgeoning defense ties that continue to grow between Israel and India.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-29-2009, 02:58 AM
rafi's Avatar
rafi rafi is offline
Zatoichi
PhotobucketPhotobucket
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,717
rafi is on a distinguished road
Default

They probably launched it to spy on Turkey's Israeli satelite.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-11-2009, 08:59 AM
youngindian's Avatar
youngindian youngindian is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: india
Posts: 34
youngindian is on a distinguished road
Default

it will help india and israel to monitor on pak ,china and also iran
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-29-2010, 05:11 AM
hardov's Avatar
hardov hardov is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 14
hardov is on a distinguished road
Default

is not possible to launch a rocket to space from Israel?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-29-2010, 07:28 AM
joejd12 joejd12 is offline
Dragon
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 742
joejd12 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardov View Post
is not possible to launch a rocket to space from Israel?
israel doesnt have the necessary infrastructure to launch satellites...

its not as simple as just pointing the rocket to the sky and lasting it off...

i read a while ago that Israel negotiated a deal to launch satellites from one of the former "satellite states" (ironic name when used in this context) which still has a lot of the soviet infrastructure which they used to launch rockets into space...

also came across an article on haaretz which discussed israeli plans to build minature spy satellites which could be fired from an f-15 and weigh in the 200-300kg range, and would orbit at around 300km...

hebrew:
http://www.haaretz.co.il/hasite/spages/1145737.html

Last edited by joejd12; 01-29-2010 at 07:33 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-08-2010, 04:38 AM
PILMAN's Avatar
PILMAN PILMAN is offline
Dragon
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Redneck Riviera
Posts: 545
PILMAN is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejd12 View Post
israel doesnt have the necessary infrastructure to launch satellites...

its not as simple as just pointing the rocket to the sky and lasting it off...

i read a while ago that Israel negotiated a deal to launch satellites from one of the former "satellite states" (ironic name when used in this context) which still has a lot of the soviet infrastructure which they used to launch rockets into space...

also came across an article on haaretz which discussed israeli plans to build minature spy satellites which could be fired from an f-15 and weigh in the 200-300kg range, and would orbit at around 300km...

hebrew:
http://www.haaretz.co.il/hasite/spages/1145737.html
They have the capability but the orbit is lower and they have to be launched to the west. Read up on Shavit launcher. India offers a better orbit for the spy satellites without as many hostiles.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-08-2010, 11:08 PM
joejd12 joejd12 is offline
Dragon
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 742
joejd12 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PILMAN View Post
They have the capability but the orbit is lower and they have to be launched to the west. Read up on Shavit launcher. India offers a better orbit for the spy satellites without as many hostiles.
thanks i looked it up, seems like the miniaturized satellites the air force general was talking about are just a cheaper, though very similar, alternative to this...
Reply With Quote
Israel Forum
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Israel Military Forum