View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 11:35 AM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

scelli is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knaur View Post
Well, because he is not against homosexuality. He just does not want a feminine looking actor potraying him since he believes such a choice would not potray him accurately.
If the proof for not being against homosexuality is this comment (which is the standard disclaimer for those caught between a rock and a hard place in such situations), then I'm not impressed:

As the conversation continued, Sir Stirling added that he had “homosexual friends” and insisted that “there’s nothing wrong with it.”

I'm willing to wager he most likely is against homosexuality, although not willing to admit so publicly for fear of ruining his macho public image. If he truly isn't, then the guy needs to keep his big trap shut in the future. This added little tidbit certainly added more fuel to the fire:

"I’m sorry I've caused offence,” Moss clarified, “but I’m disappointed anyone could be so narrow-minded as to take offence. It was not meant to cause any,” he added.

Those of us in the US who grew up during the troubled times of the civil rights movement in the 1950's and 1960's will recall eerily similar insincere statements such as:

"I have nothing against Negroes (perhaps even the word "niggers" might have been used) at all. In fact , some of my best friends are colored."

Yeah, right. The late comedian and social observer Lenny Bruce would have a field day will these bozos as the hypocrisy from both sides of the fence regarding this issue is staggering.