View Single Post
Old 03-24-2015, 02:39 PM

AEWHistory is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knaur View Post
Obama cannot be that incompetent I think, he seems to be hiding his real agenda beyond a veneer of helplessness.
Have you ever seen the movie "Being There"?

It is difficult to explain, but essentially it is about a gardener who has lived a very isolated life until the wealthy man he works for dies. Now he is on his own and gets picked up by another wealthy family who think that, because he worked all these years for this other very wealthy man, he MUST be this vast reservoir of financial knowledge. They think that every slow, dim-witted thing he says is akin to a Zen-Buddhist interpretation of life and finance on the NYSE. The thing is, he is just a well intention gardener who has not clue what's going on around him, but the people he meets want to see him as more than he is. Brilliant film with very dry humor.

Strikes me that, except for the nice, well meaning part, I think Obama may be this character. I'm not certain, but I can easily imagine it.....

I have gotta go watch Being There again.... Be back later!