View Single Post
Old 12-23-2010, 03:38 AM
Retired
Photobucket

odie072 is on a distinguished road

Ok, I know it's kinda off the subject line we was talking about but:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=dPgqfHYeI0Q

I don't want to hear any comments about my masculinity with this next song. It has calmed me down on many a bad day.

I have to tell the story behind me and classical violin. I used to hate classical music. Didn't understand it at all. About 5 or 6 yrs ago, I was having a lot of trouble sleeping. Didn't want to get started on any medication, so I was looking into breathing exercises and meditation. Nothing really worked. When I sleep, I have to have absolute quite, no tv or radio, nothing, since my military days. So, I was surfing the net one evening, came across a forum about classical music, searching for relaxing music. Someone had recommended to another person the Joshua Bell-Romance of the Violin, in which he played relaxing music on an original 1713 "Gibson" Stradivarius. I got the CD, didn't listen to it right away. Come home from work one day wore out, sit on the bed with my laptop, put the CD and headphones on and started surfing. Later that night when my wife come to bed, she woke me up. Fell asleep fast, and have been listening to it ever since. Has helped me go to sleep many a nite.

Just some more useless info, but if any of you fall into that category, I highly recommend that CD.

odie072
That might of been the sad end of the story. But Nemo refused to give in without a fight. Ignoring his serious head wound, the 85 pound dog threw himself at the Vietcong guerrillas who had opened fire. Nemo's ferocious attack brought Thorneburg the time he needed to call in backup forces.

Although severely wounded, Nemo crawled to his master and covered him with his body.